Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Wlad is the best, but he is not by any means a great fighter. Doesnt crack my top 25 p4p, thats for sure.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Wlad is the best HW BY FAR right now. Did you see what he did to Byrd? Byrd never threw a punch. His face was punching Klitchko's fists.

Maybe you're right about Wlad not being all that great.....but who in the HW division is?
He's not the best by far. He might be the best but he sure as hell hasn't proven it yet. He beat Byrd's ass yeah, but so would any very good heavyweight over the past decade. Byrd is a bum that is a product of a very weak division.
We aren't talking about "good HWs over the past decade", we are talking about right now. There are no good HWs right now.

And as of right now Klitchko IS the best of a very weak bunch.

The only HWs that have the talent to be VERY good are Wlad and Samuel Peter, but both are flawed.

Wlad's problem is he doesn't always conserve his energy, but I think he's fixing that problem right now and he showed in the fight against Peter that he can go the distance against a powerfull puncher.

Peter's problem is that he doesn't have a jab AT ALL. All he does right now is swing wildly, like a lumberjack trying to cut down a tree.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wlad is the best HW BY FAR right now. Did you see what he did to Byrd? Byrd never threw a punch. His face was punching Klitchko's fists.

Maybe you're right about Wlad not being all that great.....but who in the HW division is?
He's not the best by far. He might be the best but he sure as hell hasn't proven it yet. He beat Byrd's ass yeah, but so would any very good heavyweight over the past decade. Byrd is a bum that is a product of a very weak division.
We aren't talking about "good HWs over the past decade", we are talking about right now. There are no good HWs right now.

The only HWs that have the talent to be VERY good are Wlad and Samuel Peter, but both are flawed.

Wlad's problem is he doesn't always conserve his energy, but I think he's fixing that problem right now and he showed in the fight against Peter that he can go the distance against a powerfull puncher.

Peter's problem is that he doesn't have a jab AT ALL. All he does right now is swing wildly, like a lumberjack trying to cut down a tree.
The reason I said that bout Byrd is because you used Byrd as an example of his dominance, however, Byrd is a bum who could lose to anyone at any time right now in the division.

Idk, Klitchko will probably fight Flabby James Toney next because of the pay check. Rumors were circulating that he wanted to get on ABC for the fight which I would LOVE. The more exposure to boxing the better.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The reason I said that bout Byrd is because you used Byrd as an example of his dominance, however, Byrd is a bum who could lose to anyone at any time right now in the division.

Idk, Klitchko will probably fight Flabby James Toney next because of the pay check. Rumors were circulating that he wanted to get on ABC for the fight which I would LOVE. The more exposure to boxing the better.
Rumors are that Wlad is looking to fight Shannon Briggs :roll:
Old 06-27-2006, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, I read on espn that briggs will likely fight Wlad because Toney will be figting Sam peter. Here is the quote

Heavyweight titlist Wladimir Klitschko's first defense, tentatively scheduled for Nov. 11 at Madison Square Garden, could come against New Yorker Shannon Briggs. With James Toney headed to a September fight with Samuel Peter, Briggs has emerged as the leading candidate, although nothing is signed yet. Another candidate is Calvin Brock, who could emerge as the opponent depending on the how his HBO fight against Timor Ibragimov goes on Saturday night.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know much about Briggs, is he any good?

Toney-Peter fight should be entertaining. Toney better come in better shape otherwise Peter will knock him out in 5.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I don't know much about Briggs, is he any good?

Toney-Peter fight should be entertaining. Toney better come in better shape otherwise Peter will knock him out in 5.
Briggs is huge and can puch hard, that is it though. it is kinda a joke that he is getting a world title shot. My guess is Toney comes in fat again. But, he is one of the greatest defensive fighters ever so I dont see him getting KO'd.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rumors are that Wlad is looking to fight Shannon Briggs :roll:

No, on espn.com and on espn2 during a previous Friday Night Fights they talked about him looking to fight Toney on ABC. If espn's boxing page kept their articles up longer I would gladly post the link for you.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Yeah, I read on espn that briggs will likely fight Wlad because Toney will be figting Sam peter. Here is the quote

Heavyweight titlist Wladimir Klitschko's first defense, tentatively scheduled for Nov. 11 at Madison Square Garden, could come against New Yorker Shannon Briggs. With James Toney headed to a September fight with Samuel Peter, Briggs has emerged as the leading candidate, although nothing is signed yet. Another candidate is Calvin Brock, who could emerge as the opponent depending on the how his HBO fight against Timor Ibragimov goes on Saturday night.
Oic, I guess I'm behind on the HW news. My apologies.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

Oic, I guess I'm behind on the HW news. My apologies.
I remember the ABC rumor, nothing materialized. It was posted though
Old 06-29-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink

Anyone see the fights last night? Did that HW get that KO? I fell asleep before it ended. That guy he beat (assuming) is the guy that beat that Mangina Audley Harrison.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who here would pay to see a Mike Tyson vs Tommy Morrison fight?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:13 AM    (permalink

Wow no posts on here and Gatti fought. I'm ashamed of you all. He lost but he's still my boy. In the 5th he was about to get KTFO so he dropped his arms and just started swinging instead of being a punk like most boxers and just covering up and waiting for the ref. to step in. He got KO'd in the 9th I think. Such a shame. Hopefully he'll retire now, his frame is not big enough to be a welterweight.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:15 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gatti cant go out on a lose and neither can vargas they will both be back

idk maybe one more time to fight each other :roll:
Old 07-23-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldomir looked real good last night, i'd like to see him and hatton go at it

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Style wise it would have the potential to be a great fight, however, i do think that Hatton would beat him.

I love how he wants to fight Floyd though , Floyd wouldn't even have to train to clean him up.

Baldomir is like my new most hated boxer ever.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Style wise it would have the potential to be a great fight, however, i do think that Hatton would beat him.

I love how he wants to fight Floyd though , Floyd wouldn't even have to train to clean him up.

I know, he beats his chest at gatti, then he acts all apolegetic after the head butt, then he trashes floyd and hatton. PICK A GOD DAMN PERSONALITY

Sig by Me
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know, he beats his chest at gatti, then he acts all apolegetic after the head butt, then he trashes floyd and hatton. PICK A GOD DAMN PERSONALITY
both hatton and PBF would rip him up. so would cotto for that matter.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink

I hope he fights Floyd and Floyd whoops his pansy ass soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. I hope the next due he fights absolutely eats him alive. Big doofus. Only reason he's good is because he can't get hurt in his head. F' that, lets have him fight Mickey Ward and Ward pound him with that left hook to the body 50 times.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Anyone see B.A.D last night? solid action

Someone needs to update the thread title

Sig by Me
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:

I did, wasn't too shabby. I really fell for little Stevie, I was hoping he'd come back and KO him so bad lol.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

I did, wasn't too shabby. I really fell for little Stevie, I was hoping he'd come back and KO him so bad lol.
He didn't fight that bad of a fight, he just got caught with some punches, i really wanted him to win too

Sig by Me
Old 07-31-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Who here would pay to see a Mike Tyson vs Tommy Morrison fight?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Im still waiting for Ron Artest vs Ben Wallace on ppv
Old 07-31-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Im still waiting for Ron Artest vs Ben Wallace on ppv

Artest would own, Wallace is a big chump who has never fought neone in his entire life. For real, who's gonna fight him?