Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good Titans news!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pe...-playoff-berth

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't realize there was a such thing as "good titans news" until now
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished registering for the Titans 5K that's next week. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

I did it last year and I ended up doing a bit of walking (sadface) on the second mile. Ended up running it in 27 minutes and got 16th in my age group.

This year I'm in much better shape and I'm shooting for somewhere in the range of 23 minutes. Hopefully that will get me top 10.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo, I've been to 3 camps now and Kendall Wright is just insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Quicker? I thought he played relatively slow last season, I watched him a ton at Baylor and was very disappointed with his lack of big play ability last season
Old 08-06-2013, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been one of the stars of camp according to most of Wyatt's practice updates. Morgan as well.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really think we'll be a lot better this year, especially the defense. We've got a lot of players on D that are rising stars
Old 08-06-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Any progress on Justin Hunter holding onto the football. Jake is used to guys that can't catch from his UW days.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunter had a pretty rough scrimmage from what I've read. I expect his contributions this year to be a lot like what they were his freshman year at UT. Low reception #s, high YPC, and several TDs.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His camp has been up and down. One day he was making highlight reel catches, one day he'd make a tough catch then drop a gimmie, and one day he dropped everything. He has great hands (if that makes sense) he just doesn't always focus and his technique is inconsistent. I swear you can tell when he is going to go off , he runs his routes a different way when he's locked in and when he's not it just looks awkward. I see him making some big plays as a rookie... probably 600 or so yards with a high ypc, but Kendall Wright is the one to look out for... dude is looks like the best receiver on the team and that's saying something because Kenny looks as good as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We've reportedly been running some 3 man D-Lines with Morgan and Klug at DE and I think SLH @ NT but can't remember exactly. I am sure Ayers was one of the OLBs but am not sure if Wimbley or Solomon was the other one. McCarthy and Fokou were the ILBs.

I find it interesting that Ropati wasn't one of the DEs, since he's been a DE before. Morgan being one leads me to believe this is for 3rd down purposes, trying to get multiple pass rushers on the field at once.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone going to the game tomorrow?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was gonna, but for me it's a little over a 2 hr drive to Nashville, so it's really hard to do weekday games when I have to work during the day on Thursday, then be back at work again Friday morning....especially for just a preseason game. If it were MNF or something during the regular season, I'd probably be there. We gave our tickets for this game to a relative.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I was gonna, but for me it's a little over a 2 hr drive to Nashville, so it's really hard to do weekday games when I have to work during the day on Thursday, then be back at work again Friday morning....especially for just a preseason game. If it were MNF or something during the regular season, I'd probably be there. We gave our tickets for this game to a relative.
One of the good things about living so close to downtown is the fact it takes me 15 mins to get there and 15 mins to get back.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those like me who still watch cartoons, CJ is going to be on the NFL Rush Zone this Sunday at 11 on Nicktoons!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LVyouHb5Y

TITANS GET READY TO ROLL!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dawn Davenport and Amie Wells. Seems like a good duo to do....things with.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I wasn't able to watch most of the game, so what was everyone's thoughts?

I couldn't tell for sure, but it appeared Otto and Turner got the starts respectively.

The run game looked good with our "starting" units, and even Jackie Battle appeared to run well and help his roster chance. I think he'll make it personally.

Locker looked ok, would have liked for him to look a little better but the offense and defense were both pretty vanilla so you can't really complain too much.

I did like some of the play design I saw, even late in the game
Old 08-09-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I wasn't able to watch most of the game, so what was everyone's thoughts?

I couldn't tell for sure, but it appeared Otto and Turner got the starts respectively.

The run game looked good with our "starting" units, and even Jackie Battle appeared to run well and help his roster chance. I think he'll make it personally.

Locker looked ok, would have liked for him to look a little better but the offense and defense were both pretty vanilla so you can't really complain too much.

I did like some of the play design I saw, even late in the game
Last night's @fullonrapefactory was Roos, Levitre, Turner, Warmack, and Otto. Roos had the worst game of them, as he allowed pressure on the 3rd down of our first possession which caused a 3 'n out. He also gave up a sack later to Osackpo, but Rak got a borderline illegal jump on that play. Jake recognized that, and then got Orakpo to jump offsides with a hard count.

First off, I wanna point out how well the rushing offense was despite not having Big Country. If they did this well with Mike Otto, just imagine when we get our nastiest OL out there. Plus, no Delanie Walker either. I'm stoked about how well Greene ran the ball. I wasn't surprised with CJ. We all knew he still had it, and we saw enough flashes of it last season when he actually got blocking up front. There's absolutely zero doubt in my mind that CJ is going to have a stellar year, and he'll make all his critics who kicked him when he was down eat crow.

But Greene showed that he shouldn't just be a short yardage specialist. The dude deserves to headline a few drives in the late 3rd and early 4th QTR, and take around 10-12 carries from CJ. Let CJ have 20-24 carries and 2-3 catches, and we'll see just as much production due to Greene wearing down the defense.

I liked Battle when he was in KC, and I hope he sticks as our 3rd RB. But the thing with investing plenty in two RB's is that maybe we'll only keep two on roster. Neither CJ nor Greene are injury prone, and they'll have Reynaud if they need him (I'm guessing Reynaud beats out Mariani for RS). Battle certainly looked better than Reynaud though, but Reynaud looked like '11-'12 CJ out there last night. Like he was looking for the big play every carry. Perhaps he's trying too hard after finding himself 4th on the RB depth chart? Either way, from a roster management standpoint, I think I'd keep CJ and Greene as my full-time RB's, keep Reynaud as a RS/3rd RB, and pass on Battle so we can have that spot for another position, namely DB.

Levitre and War Daddy are as good as advertised. Wowee wowa.

Locker, overall, had an average first showing. He played the entire first half, but didn't really do much. CJ and Greene were our point getters. He made some risky throws, had some balls batted, and held the ball too long a few times, but he also had more than one pass dropped and didn't turn the ball over . When games actually start to matter, I hope he takes off when his first and second reads aren't there. I'd also like the coaching staff to roll him out more, but they may not be wanting to put those plays on film yet. Hopefully, next game we'll see him showcase that arm on some playaction.

Gregg Williams looked like he was the one calling plays. Ropati, SLH, Casey, and Morgan were the starters at DL. I believe Ayers, McCarthy, and Fokou were the LB starters, with Brown being rotated in nearly immediately. Fokou should be the 2nd team MLB, and a great backup for McCarthy should there be an injury. McCourty and ATV were the boundary CB's. Sensabaugh was the NB. Griffin was the FS and Pollard was the SS. Wilson came in the the 2nd team. I believe Tommie Campbell and Bloody Ray were the 2nd team boundary CB's.

I thought the defense got better as they got their legs under them. Of course, the TD to Fred Davis was bad, but they recovered nicely. Ropati left an impression on me. Drew pointed out how well he carried 300+ lbs., even if he is 6'8". But the dude looks like a monster out there. You guys ever create a 7', 400 lbs. player on Madden, and then saw how ridiculous he looked during the actual game? I'm pretty sure Ropati is the closest thing to that in the NFL, lol. Morgan played well. Ayers lined up at DE once that I saw. SLH and Casey didn't really have their name called much, and it appears Klug is the 3rd DT due to his pass-rushing. I like that Pollard already has a personal foul on him, lol. Lets instill that attitude into Sensabaugh, Bloody Ray, and Whooten.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I really wanted Tommie Campbell to step up this year, but from everything I've seen/read, Sensabaugh looks like the better, more natural player out there.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

By the way TH, McCarthy is out injured...Ayers, Fokou, Brown took first team reps last night. Zaviar Gooden was held out as well. Our backups linebackers looked god awful imo, with the exception of 1 pass breakup by Shaw.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Our backup LBers are always awful, I was hoping this was the year that changed.

I'm hoping to catch a replay of the game on NFLN, but not positive since I don't have any way to record it so its gonna have to just be a normal time.

Did anyone notice if Stefan Charles got in or not? I don't recall ever hearing his name called
Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

When is big country expected to play any this preseason?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
By the way TH, McCarthy is out injured...Ayers, Fokou, Brown took first team reps last night. Zaviar Gooden was held out as well. Our backups linebackers looked god awful imo, with the exception of 1 pass breakup by Shaw.
Ah, that makes sense. I only heard Fokou and McCarthy's names called when the lineups were being announced, so I assumed they were starting. Knew Ayers was a starter cause I heard him make a play right from the start. The announcer probably said "Fokou in for McCarthy," and my brain went TWO MIKES! THEY WON'T KNOW WHO'S THE REAL ONE! GENIUS!

Hopefully Zaviar Gooden gets healthy soon, cause I wanna see him in action and how they're going to use him. I'm hoping they drafted him so they can move Ayers to the line on passing plays while he and Brown are the Nickel LB's. Cause if not, I'll have a sad.

I don't recall Stefan Charles being called, Mighty.

I think Big Country will probably miss all of preseason, Smitty. They shouldn't take any chances with him, especially with an injury that caused the FO to workout other RT's this past offseason.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Remember the days of Roydell Williams, Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby, Justin McCareins, etc.?

Now we have Britt, Hunter, Wright, Washington, Williams, Walter, Mariani...

Oh, the miles we've traveled.
Remember when they skipped over all those receivers in the 2007 draft so they could get Michael Griffin and Chris Henry?

That still pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote