Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
dumbest thing I've heard all day. Kendrick Lamar, Drake, J Cole, Ab-Soul, Chance The Rapper. And I could name more
ewwww. Listing pop stars like Drake and JCole as "great" MCs, turns my stomach a little bit.

But I can't and won't argue personal taste.

I openly admit I have, perhaps an odd taste for MCs. I'm all about lyricism and flow. I'd rather listen to a guy like Killah Priest, who can't write a good song to save his life but kills the mic, to someone like a Drake, or Ace Hood, or any of the popular guys.

Just my opinion.

I will say that the cyclical nature of music leads me to believe that hip-hop will sway back to the stroy-telling of the 90's era which I grew up with.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-30-2013 at 08:22 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
ewwww. Listing pop stars like Drake and JCole as "great" MCs, turns my stomach a little bit.

I openly admit I have, perhaps an odd taste for MCs. I'm all about lyricism and flow. I'd rather listen to a guy like Killah Priest, who can't write a good song to save his life but kills the mic, to someone like a Drake, or Ace Hood, or any of the popular guys.

Just my opinion.

I will say that the cyclical nature of music leads me to believe that hip-hop will sway back to the stroy-telling of the 90's era which I grew up with.
Give me a combo of the two. I don't want to sit there and listen to Riff Raff lyrics from a well known name even though it's on a sick beat or something. I'm a huge fan of Logic right now, glad to say I was one of his first 1,000 followers on twitter if that means anything, but lyrically he's very impressive. I hadn't heard of RA The Rugged Man until I came on this thread and the vid he had like two pages ago where he comes on around 2:14 blows my mind, I have listened to just that verse so many times. Also that song Uncommon Valor is incredible too.

Also, I always love expanding my hip-hop knowledge with new artists, what are some of Killa Preist's best songs?

Last edited by Shreckart : 07-30-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Also, I always love expanding my hip-hop knowledge with new artists, what are some of Killa Preist's best songs?
Eh, Priest isn't a good jump-off. Here's a perfect example of what I mean about him though...

Last edited by phlysac : 07-30-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Two of my all-time favs on the same album? Please be a full-length

Last edited by phlysac : 07-30-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Just my opinion.

If you don't think Drake and J Cole can flow and tell a story you just aren't listening. Maybe some of their radio hits, but listen to most of there stuff and you'll disagree

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
If you don't think Drake and J Cole can flow and tell a story you just aren't listening. Maybe some of their radio hits, but listen to most of there stuff and you'll disagree
You're hitting my point. Kanye has lyrical skills. Jay can be sick on the mic. Nas is an all-time great...

They all dumb it down more and more and more each album to write these craptastic, danceable, "pop" tracks anymore.

Hip-hop as a mic skill seems lost for the most part. Now it's simply about the dollar.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:42 AM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Night's Gambit-Ka

Last edited by BucSquad : 07-31-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Definitely a top release this year. No need for Yeezus or MCHG.

The lyrics to B.I.T.C.H. kind of matches my feelings on hip-hop, currently.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 08-08-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Having grown up on late 90's hip-hop, this song being released in 2013 is immensely beautiful to me.

To you younger guys, the education dropped in these lyrics is invaluable.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 08-08-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I think back to when this song came out, and just remember bobbing my head just like dammmmmmmmn this is a cut. The beat was out of this world at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best song off "live free or die trying" imo.

edit.
wow, i haven't listened to this album since middle school. there's a lot of songs that i'm not too proud to admit but i like.

Last edited by thefalconer : 08-08-2013 at 06:49 PM.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

Sometimes I think back to when this song came out, and just remember bobbing my head just like dammmmmmmmn this is a cut. The beat was out of this world at the time.
you and the youtube sidebar have me going down nostalgia avenue.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Combine Posse on Broadway with beautiful breasts and you have an absolute win, everytime...

Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/kanyewestyeez...rick-lamar-jay

Holy **** kendrick!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
I was gonna come here saying I was more excited than Jay Elec being on the track than K Dot but gotdamn Kendrick.

sucks that it's edited tho.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goddamn. That verse hurt my feelings.

It really is Kendrick and then everyone else right now. Sucks for Sean that they couldn't clear the sample for his album.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

If you want nasty lyricism, K-Dot...

AND

an amazing song with chorus, melody and everything...

This song goes in so hard...

Old 08-12-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^big fan of that song, and the album as a whole. First thing I've really liked from Tech in quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I was gonna come here saying I was more excited than Jay Elec being on the track than K Dot but gotdamn Kendrick.

sucks that it's edited tho.
Jay's verse was pretty sick too, probably would have been better served to save a few of those lines for a song that he wouldn't get totally overshadowed on.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro