Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Dalton's arm is fine. No he doesn't have a rocket, but folks have made it out like he has a Ken Dorsey arm, which simply isn't true.
"fine" is a euphemism in the NFL for "soon to be replaced"
Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
"fine" is a euphemism in the NFL for "soon to be replaced"
In your opinion sure. For me it means good enough to get the job done.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He's been acting butthurt about this whole thing since mid-way through last season. I don't mind anything he's said since he joined Minnesota, but I didn't like the way he handled the situation when he was still a Green Bay player.
So to boil it down into probably too small of a nutshell, he's kind of acting like since the Packers didn't want to pay him big money, "The only important person on the Packers is Aaron Rodgers," who got a big contract?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I imagine he probably has some ill will towards the team in the way contract negotiations went over the final season on the team. Greg displayed high character during his time with the Packers and his behavior over the last six weeks is rather surprising and unfortunate.
This shouldn't be surprising at all. It was actually pretty predictable after the way he ended things here. I said it at the time as well, he just handled the whole situation really badly.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
So to boil it down into probably too small of a nutshell, he's kind of acting like since the Packers didn't want to pay him big money, "The only important person on the Packers is Aaron Rodgers," who got a big contract?
Yeah. This is what I've been able to piece together: during the season he turned down an extension from the Packers that would have paid him $11 Million per year. He was looking for something more in the range of $15 Million per. Unfortunately for him, he was overestimating his market value (being injured didn't help). By the time he hit Free Agency the Packers had lowered their offer to $8 Million per year and the Patriots were offering $6 Million. He gave strong indications that he wanted to go to Miami and play for Joe Philbin, but Miami was more interested in Mike Wallace. The Vikings had the most generous offer at $9 Million per year.

Basically, he got his feelings hurt. He's not the first player and he won't be the last.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
.... his behavior over the last six weeks is rather surprising and unfortunate.
A) It's not surprising at all
B) Because what his fat-mouthed sister said on twitter about 9 months ago was an echo from him.
C) No way a sister like that makes up those tweets she said back then during a game.

In case some of y'all missed that:
This was DURING A PACKERS GAME:

If any of you play sports and have either a wife or a sister who roots you on, you know there's no way in heII she'd have pulled **** like that outta her own ass.
I know for sure he was planning on leaving by then, and he was expecting his old coach, Philbin, in Miami to bring him down to South Beach for the Dolphins.

Jennings wife tried to shut her up in that exchange....
Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy to hear someone affiliated with the Packers bash Rodgers for being overrated.lol

If Greg Jennings had the same not-so-transparent attitude in GB, that Rodgers was 'stealing' his catches and TDs by not throwing to him more, Jennings had to go anyway.

You just never think a QB who's widely considered among the top 3 in the game if not THE best QB in the NFL has all that WR drama to deal with on his own team.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait until she watches Ponder throw him the ball.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Wait until she watches Ponder throw him the ball.
It'll be "Why do they keep giving it to Adrian Peterson?"
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this just makes me enjoy this play so much more.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings sister looks kinda cute there. I didn't expect that since I imagined she'd look like Greg with long hair or something.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
All this just makes me enjoy this play so much more.

Even though I can't stand Jennings anymore, that still pisses me off how the guy was able to get away with mugging, assaulting the receiver way down field.

I like Richie Sherman a lot, and respect My name is Earl Bennett and I love Bruce Irvin, was a proponent of him leading up to the 2012 Draft, but Browner is a SuperThug who I wish ill-will towards.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't listened to any of Jennings interviews since joinin the Vikes, but the guy is known to be pretty sarcastic with the media, so IDK how much of what he's saying is serious or not. I assume it's both, and that his sarcastic style isn't helping things

Either way, he's clearly miffed about something or maybe he always had problems here but was tight lipped about it until he moved on. If that's the case, at least he waited until he was off the team before airing his grievances. He was a good player/team mate here, so it's a bit unfortunate to see him act like this, but whatever. Dude really needs to stop talking though, even his own players and coaches are fed up with him constantly talking about the Pack. Dude needs to move on, it's over and done with and he got a solid contract from another team.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Even though I can't stand Jennings anymore, that still pisses me off how the guy was able to get away with mugging, assaulting the receiver way down field.

I like Richie Sherman a lot, and respect My name is Earl Bennett and I love Bruce Irvin, was a proponent of him leading up to the 2012 Draft, but Browner is a SuperThug who I wish ill-will towards.
I believe they got offsetting penalties (Jennings retaliated) and Browner got fined. Totally worth it though. Browner takes every opportunity to throw a receiver off his game, Jennings basically asked for it by telling everyone that he doesn't like physical corners.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 08-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently there were a few altercations at practice yesterday, one which ended with Steve Smith throwing Greg Hardy to the ground.

That's one dude I would never want to mess with.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Steve Smith throw Greg Hardy to the ground? How strong is that dude?

Would anyone be shocked if we find out tomorrow that Steve beat Star in the Oklahoma drill?
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jLO6WlBws

Still one of the cheapest shots I've ever seen, but gained a lot of respect for Smith on that one.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Apparently there were a few altercations at practice yesterday, one which ended with Steve Smith throwing Greg Hardy to the ground.

Seems like he saves his best moments for his teammates. I'd say become a leader on knock the theatrics off.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Buccaneers have a preseason game tonight, but they still found the time to cut Myron Lewis this afternoon.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting cut before a pre-season game is pretty embarrassing. I mean, after is understandable but what could you have done to get cut before?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I remember when people thought Myron Lewis was going to succeed even though he was slow as **** bc he was like smart and stuff.

You could be Einstein for all I care, in football if you're not fast enough you won't succeed. Period.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

Steve Smith is the scariest guy in the NFL, pound for pound.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shame to see Donald Jones have to retire. Not that he was a great player or anything, but I hope him the best from this point on. The guy willingly risked his health for a few years at his dream. I won't lie that when I saw a Bills player with the words "forced retirement" in the headline I nearly crapped em.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I remember when people thought Myron Lewis was going to succeed even though he was slow as **** bc he was like smart and stuff.

You could be Einstein for all I care, in football if you're not fast enough you won't succeed. Period.
i think you are thinking of myron rolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I wanted him to scucceed because he was a good person who actually took his education seriously. He didn't just major in football. You're right though. There are minimum athletic requirements that he didnt meet. Only a QB can overcome weak athleticism with a great mind.

edit yeah myron rolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote