Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
surprise surprise, dowling leaves practice early with an injury
It's never good when a guy with injury worries misses practice, but I will reserve judgement until after the weekend. It's a long camp for everyone and inevitably some guys will get a little worn down. Numerous other guys have missed days so far so we will wait and see. If he misses a few in a row then I will start to worry

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also pretty happy that Collins has been looking impressive thus far, forcing a few turnovers yesterday and seems to be getting a ton of praise from pepper and beat writers. I will gladly eat crow when it comes to being wrong about players on our own team :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Dobson is on the Blue (backups) Team offense. Concerning...
Old 08-03-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:-/ I has a sad

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

At least Boyce and Thompkins are looking solid.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

QB (2): Tom Brady*, Ryan Mallett*
RB (5): Stevan Ridley*, Shane Vereen*, Leon Washington*, Brandon Bolden, LeGarrette Blount
WR (6): Danny Amendola*, Aaron Dobson*, Josh Boyce*, Kenbrell Thompkins*, Julian Edelman*, Matthew Slater*
TE (4): Rob Gronkowski*, Zach Sudfield*, Michael Hoomanawanui*, Jake Ballard
OL (8): Nate Solder*, Logan Mankins*, Ryan Wendell*, Marcus Cannon*, Sebastian Vollmer*, Dan Connolly, Will Svitek, Markus Zusevics

DE (6): Chandler Jones*, Rob Ninkovich*, Justin Francis*, Jake Bequette, Michael Buchanan, Jermaine Cunningham
DT (4): Vince Wilfork*, Tommy Kelly*, Marcus Forston, Armond Armstead
LB (6): Jerod Mayo*, Brandon Spikes*, Dont'a Hightower*, Jamie Collins*, Dane Fletcher, Steve Beauharnais [not sure which LB to take as a special teamer]
CB (5): Aqib Talib*, Alfonzo Dennard*, Kyle Arrington*, Logan Ryan*, Ras-I Dowling
SAF (5): Devin McCourty*, Duron Harmon*, Tavon Wilson*, Adrian Wilson, Steve Gregory
ST (2): Stephen Gostkowski*, Zoltan Mesko*

Total = 53

Locks(*) = 36

Last four cut: Tyronne Green, Marquice Cole, Daniel Fells, Tim Tebow.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell can Tavon Wilson be so terrible at Cover 2? Seriously how hard is this to figure out? This is pretty much the only thing that is holding him back from being a starting caliber player. It's just bizarre.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Well I'm happy to hear this. Because if were going to do anything this year it will be because of him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...spite-turnover

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Eventually, Dobson was back up and running on the sideline, and later returned to full-speed action in 11-on-11 scrimmaging, where he had several spectacular catches.
Quote:
…Rookie safety Duron Harmon saw considerable reps with the second defensive group, in place of Tavon Wilson, who appeared to struggle noticeably the day before. Harmon was lined up next to veteran Devin McCourty.
Not mentioned was Zach Sudfeld apparently catching multiple TDs as well.

Quote:
On successive plays during an 11-on-11 period, Thompkins and Dobson had catches over the top of the Eagles secondary.
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. I can't wait to see them line up against a real secondary. Maybe against the Bucs?

Quote:
One player that has done well in competitive catch situations throughout camp is undrafted rookie wide receiver Quentin Sims. He's a big target at 6-foot-3, 202 pounds.
Practice Squad, maybe?

Quote:
5. Without tackling, it's difficult to effectively evaluate offensive and defensive linemen, but defensive tackle Marcus Forston continues to look quick, nimble and in good shape. He flashed during team drills and looks to be right in the mix among the defensive tackles to start next to Vince Wilfork.
Forston was a very good player at times in college and was considered a 5 star recruit in high school... but he had injury problems in college. I think he could be a nice "surprise" for the Patriots.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Dobson's catch was made by beating three people deep. KT on a few plays later made a similar play down the field. Have to say I'm loving this competitiveness between our young guys. That and the fact they seem capable of understanding our offense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the update guys. I'm on deployment, on a ship, and the Internet is slow as balls. I'm in Dubai now.

Glad to read that our wide receivers are looking studly. What about Gronk? There a time table?
Ballard? T. Kelly, C. Jones, Dowling, Vereen? How are they doing in camp?

Holla Holla

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Thanks for the update guys. I'm on deployment, on a ship, and the Internet is slow as balls. I'm in Dubai now.

Glad to read that our wide receivers are looking studly. What about Gronk? There a time table?
Ballard? T. Kelly, C. Jones, Dowling, Vereen? How are they doing in camp?

Holla Holla
There have been virtually no updates on Gronk. He's not in the stage of his recovery yet where he'd be able to do anything too active. We probably won't know anything until he either needs to stay on PUP for the 1st 6 weeks or he comes off.

Tommy Kelly is a starter, but there hasn't been much good or bad said about him.

Jones is having a studly camp. He looks noticeably bigger and has been our best DE in pass rush drills. He's had some good battles with Solder and seems to be getting the better of him.

Dowling is hurt again, surprise surprise. He's day to day. Before his injury he was getting mixed reviews. Length is impressing as usual, but he's struggling to keep up in coverage.

Vereen has had a pretty quiet camp. He's not really a focus of the beat writers so we don't usually hear that much about him. Ridley has had some fumbling issues in camp so that has overshadowed the Vereen stuff. A couple of mentions about him looking good catching the ball, but that is it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Vareen hasnt been practicing actually for the past week or so with an injury (or believed to be injury).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

So what're you guys going to be looking for tomorrow night? For me it's:

1) Receivers- Fairly obvious, for pretty much anybody catching a pass we haven't really seen them a whole lot. I want to know if Thompson is a legitimate UDFA or another Vince Redd type who the beat writers hype up for no reason.

2) The 2nd unit LBs- An under the radar storyline is the fact that post-2013 it's quite likely that Spikes and Ninkovich will be gone considering our cap issues. One to two of Collins, Fletcher, or Beauharnais are likely going to pick up a huge amount of snaps as a result of their departures.. Preseason is a great time to evaluate backup LB's.

3) Harmon and T. Wilson- I would love for these 2 to develop enough to give Gregory the boot.

4) Brady, Mallett, and Tebow- Can't get much more entertaining than that for preseason QB's.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Redd, what a name drop.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Such a tease, such a disappointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The DL needs to show something after the starters go off. And I wonder how many OL are available tonight. Might be a long night for those guys.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I pondered dropping the Bam Childress bomb, but I figured it wasn't obscure enough.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Dobson and Thompkins are legit. Wow.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sudfeld!!

Love him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Get Tebow off this ******* team

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Yeah he basically robbed us of half of a game of tape on our receivers. Sudfeld and Dobson had some nice open looks that he straight up missed on.

In other news, how the hell did Sudfeld go undrafted? I know he has significant injury issues, but he seems to have NFL caliber TE speed and to be an acceptable blocker. Combine that with being 6'7" and having soft hands, and you have to think somewhere in a long draft somebody could have used that guy.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 08-10-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Yeah he basically robbed us of half of a game of tape on our receivers. Sudfeld and Dobson had some nice open looks that he straight up missed on.

In other news, how the hell did Sudfeld go undrafted? I know he has significant injury issues, but he seems to have NFL caliber TE speed and to be an acceptable blocker. Combine that with being 6'7" and having soft hands, and you have to think somewhere in a long draft somebody could have used that guy.
The buzz around Sudfeld has been growing. I think he is going to have a pretty big impact for you guys barring injury.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Sudfeld is getting a lot of love, but Kenbrell Thompkins may be the rookie of the night...

I'll let Field Yates explain it:

Quote:
5. Always important to not overthink a single play or drive, but a few things caught our eyes from Kenbrell Thompkins in the second series of the night. First, he appears to have a strong understanding of his assignments and the adjustments in the passing game. On one play, he directed fellow receiver Josh Boyce to the right alignment; on another -- a second-and-3 -- he was in sync with Tom Brady to take a sight adjustment tear screen and pick up first-down yardage. Additionally, Thompkins showed the ability to win at the point of catch. That allows Brady to throw the ball to an area, not a specific target at Thompkins’ frame. Lastly, when working from the slot, Thompkins showed the knack to take what the defense gave him, sit in soft spots and move the chains. Encouraging night for the rookie.
Not only that, but Thompkins was responsible for a catch on a smoke route that netted a first down.

On the other hand, Dobson dropped a pass from Mallett that would have given the Patriots a first and goal and then on the next play, allowed his go route to be pressed against the goal line making the catch in the end zone impossible. Maybe Mallett overthrew him a bit, but Dobson definitely needed to fix some things on that play.

Last edited by descendency : 08-10-2013 at 09:46 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote