Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-10-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
DanDanE420
Rookie

DanDanE420 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (FL)

Has a pretty good arm:

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-30-2013 at 06:45 PM.
DanDanE420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero potential.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is the longest link in the history of the internet.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he was in the 2013 Draft he would have most likely been a UFA, at best a late 6th Round pick. Many QBs with better resumes and skill sets than Morris went in Round 4 or later. This coming year looks to be a really, really down year for QBs but I don't see him going much higher than the 5th Round.

I said before he could very well be the best QB from the Class of 2010, but that really isn't saying a lot. I wouldn't be shocked to see a huge drop off in production as he'll have his 3rd OC in 4 years with Coley being a huge game day drop off from Fisch.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisch had one more year of play calling experience when he got to UM than Coley had. Hard to say how much of a game day drop it'll be until Coley actually gets real expereince. Fisch wasn't the most perfect play caller, consitency wise anyway.

Morris has average size and intelligence but has one of the best arms in college football and will have a stacked offense this year. His production will probably be ton higher in his 2nd full year starting. Where he goes in the draft will depend on if he can improve his consistency and develop the mental game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-06-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to a NFL Draft 365 (Formerly NFL Draft Tracker) podcast and Bucky Brooks talked about the QBs he saw at the Manning Passing Academy and Brooks' says that Morris might have been the most talented passer that he saw there in terms of natural arm talent. Also said he has a strong arm, excellent anticipation and ball placement, he won the passing challenge that weekend, and said he has all the potential to be a franchise QB. He also brought up how he had 11 touchdowns and no interceptions his last four games.

I really like him and I think that had he come out he is someone who would've lit up the draft prep process and had his stock rise. I think he'll be someone who does very well in workouts and meetings, he's worked under an NFL coach with Jedd Fisch, and I think his mobility combined with his natural arm strength will make him someone that NFL teams take a serious look at.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a good player and I think he's underrated. I think he has the Miami stigma on his back.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He makes great passes and some good decisions, and also make terrible passes and reads. He could go anywhere from 20 to 220 and I would not bat an eye.

Just can't get a good feel for him.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
He makes great passes and some good decisions, and also make terrible passes and reads. He could go anywhere from 20 to 220 and I would not bat an eye.

Yeah, he has #1 overall tools but decision making is ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Interested to see how he develops throughout the year. He always forces stuff even if it's not there, and today nothing was there today. New offense hasn't done him a ton of favors so far.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Morris is a guy who doesn't take what the defense gives him. He usually wants more. He trusts his arm and sometimes it results in big and "wow" type plays. Sometimes, it results in interceptions or bad incompletions.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on him - http://chiefconcerns.com/class-of-20...hen-morris-qb/

Got out to a hot start today against the Gators but his timing and accuracy went to crap after that 2nd TD. If it weren't for the Canes defense, this would've been an ugly affair.
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got that gunslinger mentality. If it's not there, he thinks he's got the arm strength to force it into tight windows. Always looks for the bigger play rather than take what the defense gives him and let his skill guys make a play.

EDIT: I think this part is coachable. It's only two weeks in. We'll see how he progresses throughout the season.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post

I suspect with the raw tools he'll go pretty high (little flick of the wrists on his long TD on Saturday and the ball was right there) - but I agree it's tough to get a feel for him - perhaps he'll grow as the season moves on to make it easier.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
I suspect with the raw tools he'll go pretty high (little flick of the wrists on his long TD on Saturday and the ball was right there) - but I agree it's tough to get a feel for him - perhaps he'll grow as the season moves on to make it easier.
This is only his second year starting in college, so there's definitely room to grow as a QB.

That said, I think he's the type of QB that looks fantastic in shorts and will interview v. well. Once the bright lights go on though......

I hope he does enough to get the Canes to the ACCCG. I'd be shocked if he's a big part of the reason why we're there though - he's too inconsistent.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's either clueless or he looks high all the time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me, honestly, what makes him any better than Barkley, Landry Jones, Glennon, etc?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Tell me, honestly, what makes him any better than Barkley, Landry Jones, Glennon, etc?
Arm strength and athleticism. I'd take him over all 3 of those guys.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie Croyle?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a poor mans Jay Cutler, which I'm not sure how that will work in the NFL. My guess it not very good.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
He's a poor mans Jay Cutler, which I'm not sure how that will work in the NFL. My guess it not very good.
I see a lot of Cutler in him as well. It could work out for him.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I see a lot of Cutler in him as well. It could work out for him.
His arm isn't nearly as good as Cutler's. He doesn't have the physical skill to make up for his poor mental play.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
His arm isn't nearly as good as Cutler's. He doesn't have the physical skill to make up for his poor mental play.
His arm is definitely on Cutlers level. He's also a better athlete then Cutler.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy isn't very good. Decent college QB - not sure why there is any sort of buzz surrounding him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
This guy isn't very good.
^ This. I don't see anything particularly special about him, even at the collegiate level. He's light years from being a capable NFL backup.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote