Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure NBA verticals are running verticals so maybe Jordan did jump that high but he was probably running.

If we are going to be hypothetical with all of this then lets be hypothetical all the way. We know Lebron was a top recruit for football in high school so lets say Calvin was a top recruit for basketball in high school with a good shot and handles. If that were true then Calvin would be a monster in the NBA. He would be one of the best 2/3s in the game. He would be the fastest player in the NBA with one of the best verticals. His Ceiling would be a more athletic Kobe Bryant imo.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basketball just has a lot more skills that Calvin would have to learn. If he played basketball instead of football he would have developed them and would probably be great. As is, not sure CJ would be that great. Lebron on the other hand, his pure size/speed/explosiveness would be very apparent and useful in the nfl before he develops his skills. As long as he could take a hit and be healthy, his 6'8" frame would be a dominant WR pretty quickly. I'm not sure he has the body type/toughness to play defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Well i stand corrected, i thought he was playing heavier than that. However, i do believe he is significantly stronger and i do believe that if he were playing football he could very comfortably play in the 275-280

Im not really saying graham is a slouch, i just dont think hes close to james
No, you are right. LeBron was 250 as a rookie. As in at 18. He is now jacked. People have estimated that he's about 270. All you have to do is look at the difference in body type from him at 18 to now.

Same thing with height. He's a legitimate 6'8" or taller.

Lastly, it's his quickness at his size more than anything. He routinely guards point guards. Let Jimmy Graham even attempt that.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

I love how people think it's just so easy to transfer physical attributes from one sport to another.

Terrell Owens couldn't even start for his division 1-AA basketball team. Call me crazy, but I don't think Calvin Johnson has NBA potential.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron was all-state in football in Ohio and would have been offered by the Buckeyes if he chose to play that sport in college.

I have no doubt he could play TE in the NFL. BTW that legit 6'8 is in sneakers.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From his sophomore year in HS, everyone knew Lebron was declaring for the NBA draft. He almost declared after his junior year.

If he weren't a basketball prodigy, he would have been one of the top football recruits in the country.

I think the basketball to football transition is easier than the football to basketball transition would be. Basketball is very skill oriented, and the necessary skills don't particularly overlap.

Last edited by WCH : 08-09-2013 at 10:18 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Lebron was all-state in football in Ohio and would have been offered by the Buckeyes if he chose to play that sport in college.

I have no doubt he could play TE in the NFL. BTW that legit 6'8 is in sneakers.
in the overall picture is nitpicking about 6-7 to 6-8 really worth it?

anyway, lebron would have become the poster child of "basketball to TE" like gates, graham, and gonzo are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
This seems like believing what you want to believe. Lebron is inarguably the best player in the world at a game played by millions of people all over the planet. He's highly gifted and highly intelligent. I have a hard time believing he'd be a practice squad player in a game where guys have literally gone from being solid college basketball players to All-Pros in the NFL.

People arguing that Lebron is not a special athlete in NFL terms are just being defensive because they like football better than basketball.
Michael Jordan.

I mean, hey...best player to EVER play basketball. Super scrub at baseball.

You can't just assume skill is going to transfer between sports. That's just silly.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, that 6'8 was out of HS. On court he is as tall as players listed taller than 6'8.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Michael Jordan.

You can't just assume skill is going to transfer between sports. That's just silly.
baseball is a much more particular skill set you need to develop than football, football you can be ahead of the curve just by how big or strong you are (obviously its more than that) but hitting a baseball is one of the more difficult skills for a pro athlete i think, in one of the least physically demanding sports

also, i dont really think jordan has any business in the football conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
I love how people think it's just so easy to transfer physical attributes from one sport to another.

Terrell Owens couldn't even start for his division 1-AA basketball team. Call me crazy, but I don't think Calvin Johnson has NBA potential.
Physical attributes often have the second-best chance of 'translating' wholesale across sports, the absolute best being intangibles. True, it's not as easy, or as simple, as most of us would make it out to be (I should know since I've been translating players to soccer in my head for the past several years) but it also has nothing to do with the technical skills one has to learn.

You also seem to be sorta slamming on Division 1-AA basketball if you think TO's athleticism should've been enough on its own to get him a starting spot. That stuff means nothing if you have no real know-how of basketball.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To echo what has already been said, athleticism means nothing in the NBA if you don't have handles or a skill set to go with it. Known super elite athletes sometimes don't even get drafted in the NBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Michael Jordan.

A man in his 30s hitting a baseball after not playing baseball for years seems a lot harder than a 28 year old catching passes as a TE or playing DE. I'm not convinced LeBron could be successful now, but believe he would have been had he concentrated on football instead of basketball as a teen.