Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And Tony didn't?
Tony is putting up 80 and 90 plus catches and 800 plus yards.
The Chiefs mind set was to give it to Priest Holmes.
KC let Tony go and Jared Allen go.
Both guys had greatness left.

I'll take Julio & Roddy over Cruz & Hakeem over Thomas & Decker over Cobb & Jordy/Jones.
That order.

Brady made Wes Welker look like a superstar.
Now Wesley gets Manning. Pretty rough after catching balls in Miami for the first few years.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Just curious, where is Demaryius Thomas in your rankings/list?

Decker and Thomas showed flashes with Tebow and Orton. Heck Thomas was the one who hauled in that game winning touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs. They just had a...shall I say weird offense with Tebow.

I really think Thomas this year is going to cement himself as a truly top elite WR in the NFL.
I didnt put him in my top 10, but yes hes not far behind. Hed probly be in my top 15. And if he he keeps progressing could def be in the top 10 by next year. his talent is truly special.

Acheten, congrats youve destroyed another thread with your stupidity. im not gonna waste my breath arguing w you...this goes for this thread and the one where ur saying namdhi is a horrible teammate
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
KC let Tony go and Jared Allen go.
Both guys had greatness left.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post

Acheten, congrats youve destroyed another thread with your stupidity. im not gonna waste my breath arguing w you...this goes for this thread and the one where ur saying namdhi is a horrible teammate
I almost replied, but the smarter thing to do is just to ignore it. I had to hold back a rebuttal because the stupid flows strong in this one.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Reuben Randle starts raping the regular season the giants trio of WRs with Wilson out of the backfield are going to tear the NFL a new asshole.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
#FreeTebow
You may be the only person who appreciated just what Tebow did for the NFL as much as I did. I miss him so much. Why couldn't Cleveland just let him and Richardson run the ball on every down instead of letting old man Weeden fart around for a few years.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You may be the only person who appreciated just what Tebow did for the NFL as much as I did. I miss him so much. Why couldn't Cleveland just let him and Richardson run the ball on every down instead of letting old man Weeden fart around for a few years.
ill always think of Tebow as a guy who could have been great but just never got his fair shot. As a Raider fan, I was terrified of being tormented by Tebow for a decade. IMO, ill take a few years of Peyton while we rebuild over a decade of Tebow. Rex never giving Tebow the starting nod over Sanchez last year was ridiculous. Maybe after a couple years behind Brady, he will get another shot. His religious stuff drives me a little nuts, but he is a great guy who works his butt off and one of the truly great gamers Ive ever witnessed. I dont care how bad his throwing mechanics are at times, with the game on the line, Ill take Tebow over plenty of starting QBs out there.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I almost replied, but the smarter thing to do is just to ignore it. I had to hold back a rebuttal because the stupid flows strong in this one.
my thoughts exactly
Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I think you misspoke. You said "depends on the QB" then you listed Tebow who is obviously not a QB. Of course WRs look terrible when a fullback/H-back is throwing the football.

Tim Tebow could have Megatron and Fitz on the outside with Welker in the slot and make them look terrible. If legal the Broncos would have been a better passing offense with their punter kicking at the receivers rather than Tebow attempting to throw it to them.
I dont think Demaryus and Decker ever looked bad. Demaryus clearly needed to refine his technique when he came in, but the talent was obvious. the numbers werent great with Tebow throwing him the ball, but I saw him developing into a special player long before Peyton came around. And as for Decker, I thought he was a steal when they drafted him, thought he looked good early, even with Tebow/Orton throwing him, and expected him to put up big numbers once Peyton came to town.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tim Tebow is the greatest thing to happen to the NFL in a long long time. People just don't realize it.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Tim Tebow is the greatest thing to happen to the NFL in a long long time. People just don't realize it.
So this. I hope he puts up good numbers and scores some clutch TDs as a TE for the patriots while stepping in when Brady has a mysterious injury after they've clinched that they "rest him" through. Then Belichek and Tebow winning a few games while Brady rests would make the football world explode.

And are you loving how underhyped our weapons are being as much as I am? Cruz, Nicks, Randle and Wilson are going to make all of the big plays, especially if our OL is actually less bad.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hated everything going on off the field, but those crazy comebacks were the best thing in football. I had 2 screens every week because good or bad I had to see what Tebow did. He won a ******* game going 2/8. In the 4th you could feel the game getting tighter and you knew it was Tebow time.

Giants probably will be awesome on offense but I want to see it before I buy in. Nicks is always hurt it seems. Wilson only has 71 carries. He looked great but that is a really limited size to work from. Randle sounds legit but same deal. Eli will make it all work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Nicks being banged up and missing a handful of games every year is why Randle is gunna go so ape. Throw Murphy coming in as the 4th who sees the field when Nicks is hurt and Eli's going to have all of the weapons. And Wilson gives htis offense an aspect they haven't had since Tiki was turning 3 yard catches into 10+ yard gains for first downs and big plays.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I hated everything going on off the field, but those crazy comebacks were the best thing in football. I had 2 screens every week because good or bad I had to see what Tebow did. He won a ******* game going 2/8. In the 4th you could feel the game getting tighter and you knew it was Tebow time.

Giants probably will be awesome on offense but I want to see it before I buy in. Nicks is always hurt it seems. Wilson only has 71 carries. He looked great but that is a really limited size to work from. Randle sounds legit but same deal. Eli will make it all work.
The entertainment factor with Tebow was through the roof. You either came to see a train wreck, or you came to see a miracle. It was amazing to watch. And the best part was, so many people hate him so much and he kept winning which made them hate him even more, and seeing the sheer anger he got out of people was just so much fun. He's the ultimate troll. Love the guy. He basically spits in the face of everything we think we know about football. And honestly, that's how innovation happens in this game.

Quote:
So this. I hope he puts up good numbers and scores some clutch TDs as a TE for the patriots while stepping in when Brady has a mysterious injury after they've clinched that they "rest him" through. Then Belichek and Tebow winning a few games while Brady rests would make the football world explode.

And are you loving how underhyped our weapons are being as much as I am? Cruz, Nicks, Randle and Wilson are going to make all of the big plays, especially if our OL is actually less bad.
#FreeTebow
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every thread ends in Tebow.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Tebow is the end all be all. Football only exists so it could bring us Tim Tebow.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Wes Welker is irrelevant in this discussion. Harry Douglas can do everything Welker can do, and more. Welker won't reach 1,000 yards this year.

I'd take Jones/White over Thomas/Decker, easily.
OMG the hate Wes Welker gets is unbelievable. I know he's not nearly as good as his stats say he is, he has a lot of drops, he has played on a system suited for his abilities, he's had Tom Brady throwing him the ball, etc. But come on! Give the guy some credit, he is superior to Harry Douglas, no question about it.

"Harry Douglas can do everything Welker can do, and more." Well, he has a funny way of proving it.

Harry Douglas CAREER stats

Rec 122 Yards 1,507 Yds/catch 12.4 TD's 4

Wes Welker's AVERAGE stats per season over the last 6 years

Rec 112 Yards 1,243 Yds/catch 11.5 TD's 6

Also, how is Wes Welker irrelevant in this discussion? The title of the thread is "More Formidable RECEIVING core" I believe averaging 112 receptions per season make you a freaking RECEIVING option.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't it be More Formidable Receiving Corps? A corps is a group. Core means the central or most important part. If we are talking about the entire group of receivers, it should be Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
OMG the hate Wes Welker gets is unbelievable. I know he's not nearly as good as his stats say he is, he has a lot of drops, he has played on a system suited for his abilities, he's had Tom Brady throwing him the ball, etc. But come on! Give the guy some credit, he is superior to Harry Douglas, no question about it.

"Harry Douglas can do everything Welker can do, and more." Well, he has a funny way of proving it.

Harry Douglas CAREER stats

Rec 122 Yards 1,507 Yds/catch 12.4 TD's 4

Wes Welker's AVERAGE stats per season over the last 6 years

Rec 112 Yards 1,243 Yds/catch 11.5 TD's 6

Also, how is Wes Welker irrelevant in this discussion? The title of the thread is "More Formidable RECEIVING core" I believe averaging 112 receptions per season make you a freaking RECEIVING option.
The Falcons don't use Harry Douglas the way the Patriots used Welker. The Falcons use Harry Douglas more similarly to how the Dolphins used Welker.

The Broncos won't use Welker the way the Patriots did. Or at least, I'd be surprised if they do. Manning has never been one to feed a #3 quick hitches/screens and drag routes. Welker even mentioned having to adjust to the new system.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
The Falcons don't use Harry Douglas the way the Patriots used Welker. The Falcons use Harry Douglas more similarly to how the Dolphins used Welker.

The Broncos won't use Welker the way the Patriots did. Or at least, I'd be surprised if they do. Manning has never been one to feed a #3 quick hitches/screens and drag routes. Welker even mentioned having to adjust to the new system.
Welker's last year in Miami: 67 receptions, 687 yards, 1 TD
Douglas's best year: 39 receptions, 498 yards, 1 TD

This year's Broncos will be similar to the 2004 Colts. Thomas will have around 1300 yards & 12 TDs and Decker and Welker will each have around 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Harry Douglas will rock out 500 yards and 2 TDs and you'll continue to say he's just as good a receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker wasn't playing alongside three all-pro type receivers.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote