Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love beIN, Ray Hudson might be my favorite commentator in all of sports, and they show La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue 1. Tomorrow they have the City/Arsenal friendly, the Liverpool/Celtic friendly, and Bordeaux/Monaco

Also, as much as I dig Fox Soccer Channel, Im very excited for the EPL move to NBC. Their production quality is top notch and every single game will be available in some capacity.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The coverage is still going to be weighted towards the big boys.
i was surprised to see that some mid-table teams get the prime spot on nbc rather than on nbcsn. i wouldn't have been surprised at all if the matches nbc showed were only the top 4 clubs but there's somewhat of a variety. the scheduling probably played a big part as well but i'm still somewhat surprised with the likes of cp, norwich, and wba getting coverage on nbc.

Sat, 8/17 12:30 p.m. Swansea Man United
Sat, 8/24 12:30 p.m. Aston Villa Liverpool
Sat, 8/31 12:30 p.m. Crystal Palace Sunderland
Sat, 9/14 12:30 p.m. Everton Chelsea
Sat, 9/28 12:30 p.m. Swansea Arsenal
Sat, 10/19 12:30 p.m. West Ham Man City
Sat, 11/2 1:30 p.m. Arsenal Liverpool
Sat, 11/9 12:30 p.m. Norwich West Ham
Sat, 11/23 12:30 p.m. Man City Tottenham
Sat, 11/30 12:30 p.m. Newcastle West Brom
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ausberg looking a little lively here.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PEA with a nice diving header to get himself off to a nice start in the Bundesliga.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Augsburg had a really strong ruckrunde last year and have given BVB a great fight today. I could see them avoiding the drop again, especially if Hamburg finally crash out of the first league like I'm hoping.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Augsburg had a really strong ruckrunde last year and have given BVB a great fight today. I could see them avoiding the drop again, especially if Hamburg finally crash out of the first league like I'm hoping.
They look pretty decent. I guess everyone shows fight the 1st game of the season, but they definitely don't look like a team that will be relegated.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
augsburg were saved by two korean for two consecutive seasons. koo, on loan from wolfsburg, had a dynamite season in 2011/2012 running their offense. and ji, on loan from sunderland, played all over for them and saved their season last year.

son scores on the counter! german media have already dubbed the sidney sam, son heung-min combo as SAMSON. beautiful counter-attack, debut goal for son.

edit.
and just like that, sidney sam slots in another one. a goal for each of leverkusen's forwards. great start to the season.

Last edited by thefalconer : 08-10-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hat trick for PEA. Good for him.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bremen - Eintracht later. What/Who should I be looking out for, Rosebud?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the hell is PEA?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Who the hell is PEA?
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang....now you see why the acronym is a necessity.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Bremen - Eintracht later. What/Who should I be looking out for, Rosebud?
I'm not expecting much. I'm rooting for Eintracht this year but they shouldn't do much better than Furth did last year, and Bremen are a team in a mess who lost their best player last year. Fullkrug could break out for them upfront this year, but I don't know what his upside really is. Should be a pretty open game though since Werder can't defend.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang....now you see why the acronym is a necessity.
The nickname that's gotten popular in Germany is Auba, so that BVB have Auba and Kuba battling for the spot on the right.

Quote:
They look pretty decent. I guess everyone shows fight the 1st game of the season, but they definitely don't look like a team that will be relegated.
They can be pretty decent, but with teams with that lack of quality when things go wrong, they go really wrong and that's why I think they need to be happy if they avoid relegation.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That 1st half was a brutal watch.....def. switching over to the Newcastle friendly.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

How is this game still scoreless? Petersen really needs to just go back to the second league where he can fire Cottbus into a yoyo position.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How is this game still scoreless? Petersen really needs to just go back to the second league where he can fire Cottbus into a yoyo position.
2nd half has been much more entertaining.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Newcastle scored from a CORNER! 1st time in more than a year!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hazard's balance is awesome, brilliant playmaking there to create a Lukaku goal and give Chelsea a win going into the EPL.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Best video game moment of my life, and I've played way too many damn games.

2021 Champions League final against Real Madrid, they score in the 61st minute to go ahead, even though they were down a man after Pogba was sent off. I promptly subbed in a 2nd striker for my DM, allowing Lukaku and my 19 year old phenom Robbie Jones to try and take advantage and equalize. For 20 mins they kept pushing my attacks back.

Then in the 80th min I subbed out my right back for Oscar, who I put up front. I was now running 2 strikers, a #10 behind them, two attacking wingers, and two attack minded center midfielders with just 3 guys in the back. They continued to withstand the barrage as 2 mins of injury time was announced. I was super depressed, knowing I just let one get away after they had a guy sent off. Then from out of nowhere, Robbie Jones, my 19 year old english scoring machine, slots one home in the 90th minute! I wont lie, I reacted as though I was watching the end of the 05 Texas/USC national title game again (im a texas fan obviously), I went ballistic.

Went to extra time, where Jones proceeded to put it away by scoring two more, giving me my 2nd champions league title as the manager at Chelsea. Jones finished with 27 goals and 11 assists in 47 appearances this season, which is great. But 10 of those goals came in his 13 Champions League appearances, which I just cant say enough about. Robbie, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Caps off my perfect season. CL Winner, EPL Winner, FA Cup Winner, CapOne Cup Winner, Comm Shield Winner. By faaaaaaaar the best year ive had in this game.

Last edited by comahan : 08-11-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Yay triple post. Anyhoo, Comm Shield time.

Go Wigan!

Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll still be rooting for Wigan, but going from Martinez to Coyle is such a huge dropoff.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I'll still be rooting for Wigan, but going from Martinez to Coyle is such a huge dropoff.
as a casual follower of bolton over the years, coyle is terribad with substitutions. he seems to be good with man management though.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Schalke - Hamburg was an awesome game. Hopefully, I can keep up my BuLi watching once BPL starts up.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I havent been able to catch any Bundesliga thus far, which I'm not happy about. It'll be the only major European league I'll be out of the loop on this season.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'll be way more in the loop this year, given I'll be living in England from September! White Hart Lane here I come.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote