Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is #29?
Philadelphia 8 15.09%
Kansas City 3 5.66%
Tennessee 25 47.17%
Buffalo 11 20.75%
Arizona 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Yeah, the fact you made the Titans an option before the Browns is grade-a nonsense.
The difference between being 28 and 29 on an internet poll is outrageous!

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Detroit and even Chicago could be options from the North far before Minnesota.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why all the Cleveland hate? The Browns will be a top 20 team.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely Cleveland and San Diego. I think those two would be next on my list.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Why all the Cleveland hate? The Browns will be a top 20 team.
I like Cleveland too...it is difficult with some of these teams in deep divisions; they may be much improved but who will finish in the cellar

Old 08-12-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think Detroit and even Chicago could be options from the North far before Minnesota.
I really think Detroit will be back in the playoffs this year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant believe tennessee is gonna be 29th...I have them as a borderline playoff team....I feel like the list of options in the poll should be expanded. Bufallo and Arizona are also nowhere near the bottom for me. only 2 votes for KC? they are clearly the worst of the available options IMO.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I don't see Arizona winning much until they draft a good QB or another play maker at wide out. Fitz can't do it on his own.
andre roberts? Michael Floyd? even houssler. and of course carson, who is terrible, but is going into the perfect system for his skill set. you obviously havent been paying much attention.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Rolling with Philly here. I'm really not a believer of Kelly's system yet in the NFL, and their defense is just horrible. I think Vick is going to be the same turnover machine Vick as well which will lead to a lot of L's again.
This. Word for word.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
This. Word for word.
We're not so different...me and you.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Yeah, if Cleveland is now in play, I remove my vote for Tennessee and say Cleveland.
same with me

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

AkiliSmith, badgerbacker, cunit2k9, igglefanz, mightytitan9, nobodyinparticular, slightlyaraiderfan, superman8456

I'm not too fond of any of you right now.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
AkiliSmith, badgerbacker, cunit2k9, igglefanz, mightytitan9, nobodyinparticular, slightlyaraiderfan, superman8456

I'm not too fond of any of you right now.
Oh yeah? What do you expect out of Buffalo?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Oh yeah? What do you expect out of Buffalo?
We have talent on both sides of the ball believe it or not so realistically with a rookie QB all year - I'd say 8-8 is worst case scenario.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 08-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Bufallo wins the east this year, im callin it out. Everyone thinks Miami is gonna overthrow NE, but I think it will be BUF. CJ Spiller is probably the 2nd best player in the division, EJ Manuel is gonna be better than people think, there is a lot of talent on that defense, and I just generally like the way theyve handled their offseason.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Bufallo wins the east this year, im callin it out. Everyone thinks Miami is gonna overthrow NE, but I think it will be BUF. CJ Spiller is probably the 2nd best player in the division, EJ Manuel is gonna be better than people think, there is a lot of talent on that defense, and I just generally like the way theyve handled their offseason.
Cameron wake says hi.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
cant believe tennessee is gonna be 29th...I have them as a borderline playoff team....I feel like the list of options in the poll should be expanded. Bufallo and Arizona are also nowhere near the bottom for me. only 2 votes for KC? they are clearly the worst of the available options IMO.
A team that went 6-10 with far less talent and worse coaching last season than they have this season.

Rejuvenated O-Line. Kenny Britt healthy from knee surgery, Kendall Wright slimmed down and more explosive. Even if Jake Locker isn't any better than last season, the supporting cast and offensive philosophy will be.

A bulked up defensive line will help boost a defense that already had 39sacks and 19 interceptions and scored 5tds (also 4 special teams tds).

Yup, people love to hate the Titans...
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
A team that went 6-10 with far less talent and worse coaching last season than they have this season.

Rejuvenated O-Line. Kenny Britt healthy from knee surgery, Kendall Wright slimmed down and more explosive. Even if Jake Locker isn't any better than last season, the supporting cast and offensive philosophy will be.

A bulked up defensive line will help boost a defense that already had 39sacks and 19 interceptions and scored 5tds (also 4 special teams tds).

The philosophy and talent may be changed but if Locker hasn't, how are the results going to be any different?

Old 08-12-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The philosophy and talent may be changed but if Locker hasn't, how are the results going to be any different?
Is that a serious question? Obviously you don't remember the 08 Titans. You don't have to have a top QB back there to win games. If the game is controlled with time of possession, and the defense improves and keeps it close the Titans will win many more games.

Last season we were a pass first offense with a QB who isn't that type of QB yet, and an offense built to run the ball. Um, hello? What was Palmer thinking? You had a starting WR who couldn't get separation because he was 1 year removed from knee injuries. You had the other WR that was playing 15 pounds heavier than he did in college, couldn't get the same separation and could make the big play averaging less than 10 yards a reception. The other WR was benched and almost traded this offseason because he basically gave up towards the end of the season.

If you believe the only reason the Titans lost games last season was Locker, you are solely mistaken.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Is that a serious question? Obviously you don't remember the 08 Titans. You don't have to have a top QB back there to win games. If the game is controlled with time of possession, and the defense improves and keeps it close the Titans will win many more games.

Last season we were a pass first offense with a QB who isn't that type of QB yet, and an offense built to run the ball. Um, hello? What was Palmer thinking? You had a starting WR who couldn't get separation because he was 1 year removed from knee injuries. You had the other WR that was playing 15 pounds heavier than he did in college, couldn't get the same separation and could make the big play averaging less than 10 yards a reception. The other WR was benched and almost traded this offseason because he basically gave up towards the end of the season.

If you believe the only reason the Titans lost games last season was Locker, you are solely mistaken.
For one, Jake Locker is not even the quarterback Kerry Collins was back in 2008. I agree you don't need to have a top quarterback to make the playoffs but Locker is garbage right now. He's not even as good as Christian Ponder. He struggled with accuracy in college and so far it has been no different in the NFL. Plenty of drives are going to die out if you have a quarterback who completes less than 50% of passes on 3rd and a middle yardage to go. If Ryan Fitzpatrick was quarterback I would feel differently about the Titans.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

If Malcolm Floyd is out with an ACL injury, San Diego was looking to be one of the worst and they probably deserve to be on the list now before Tennessee or Cleveland enter it.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Locker was the worst QB I saw last year, and the Packers often made QB's look great.
He looked terrrrrrrrrible. I felt bad for his family.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

And despite all that the Titans will win at least 8 games
Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprise to see the titans fall so early but it wouldn't surprise me if they really sucked this year or was wildcardish type of team. The offense should be fine this year with imo one of the best overall offensive lines in the game and locker should have the weapons to have a good year, so really its his time to show if he is or isn't the qb for this team. A better offensive game will help the defense out some but I really don't see this unit being very good but if they can put together a decent top 20 maybe top 15 numbers on defense this team could be wildcardish. I voted the Bills but philly is right there also. Also the browns and bolts would probably be some good options since I believe both will be worse then some teams on this poll.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Last edited by smittyjs : 08-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers. They're terrible.