Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that sounds endlessly horrific.
I've only had one and it was from one of my favorite philly brewers Dock Street Brewery but I really liked it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that sounds endlessly horrific.
That was roughly my thinking.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
There aren't nearly enough Belgian style black IPAs on the market. They are fantastic and uber smooth.
The only one I've had was SN's and it wasn't very good at all.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That was roughly my thinking.
It wasn't that bad, tasted kinda dark. The Red Ale was the best of the three.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 15 craft beer breweries in the US

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...n-usa/2637493/
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone needs to direct me to a tasty beer. I have just tried so many combos and nothing works for me. I know the end goal is to get drunk, but I can't soldier through the initial taste of horse piss. White Russians are literally the only "manly" drinks I enjoy and can be quite expensive sometimes, I need a cheaper alternative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Arnold's Bishops Barrel #4 is being released tomorrow (at least according to the local craft beer bar). It's a Weizenbock that's been aged in Woodford Reserve barrels. Hope it's as good as the #3.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oskar Blues Yella Pils is ridiculously boring. I expected better from Colorado (and Oskar Blues), njx.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm currently having a bottle of Stone Götterdämmerung, their 17th anny double ipa, it is yummy in my tummy
Old 08-12-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oskar Blues Yella Pils is ridiculously boring. I expected better from Colorado (and Oskar Blues), njx.
It is their worse offering.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 08-12-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Someone needs to direct me to a tasty beer. I have just tried so many combos and nothing works for me. I know the end goal is to get drunk, but I can't soldier through the initial taste of horse piss. White Russians are literally the only "manly" drinks I enjoy and can be quite expensive sometimes, I need a cheaper alternative!
Just drink whiskey sevens or rum and cokes or something if you don't like cheap beer. Otherwise, drink Hamm's. It's the nectar of the gods.

Also, drinking this tonight. Diggin' it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:

Last edited by prock : 08-12-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
It their worse offering.
I know. I just like ragging on njx at every opportunity.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, has anyone tried the 2013 SN Hoptimum? I have one leftover from a party.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hopped to all hell. Almost overly so. If that is your thing then its great if not then its still drinkable.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I know. I just like ragging on njx at every opportunity.
Oh then carry on and I approve.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought it was good. Not my favorite I've had in the last few months, but it was decent.

Also, does anyone use Untappd?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just started being a little more easy to find in Quebec, so I really don't know if it's possible to find some in the states, but if you come across one of those, try it. Brewery name is "Le Trou du Diable". Most of their beers are great.

Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Just got my hand on a home brewing kit. Any need-to-know advice for a rookie?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
1. make sure your equipment is clean.
2. muslin bags use them.
3. bring your wart to temp before placing it in the fermenter.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got these three to try this weekend:

High and Mighty: Beer of the Gods

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just got done brewing our second batch. Things we learned:
-sterilize the **** out of things
-research online how to brew your specific beer - both of our kits did not include all of the needed instructions
-purchase new yeast if you can in case yours is a dud (happened to us)

That really is what I have got for the initial brewing. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to Bevmo today and was gonna pick up a pack of Black Butte Porters but picked up

and

Just had the Bayhawk and.....it sucked. Expecting the Imperial to make up for it since I passed on one of my favorites for it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 08-22-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Just sealed my beer in the fermenter. Celebrating by cracking a Stone 17th. Kind of concerned I didn't sanitize well enough (though I was fairly thorough) and that I wasn't able to cool my wort quickly at all.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just sealed my beer in the fermenter. Celebrating by cracking a Stone 17th. Kind of concerned I didn't sanitize well enough (though I was fairly thorough) and that I wasn't able to cool my wort quickly at all.
Wait... what did you use to sanitize?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The first batch we only used boiling water to sanitize stuff. I wouldn't worry, ours turned out fine.

For cooling wort quickly, what we did was put our gallons of water in the freezer that we were pouring the wort into. Needless to say that was a nice shock for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote