Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dobson needs to work on some of the nuances of being a WR. He has an exceptional frame and can make the tough catches. However he isn't creating the seperation we would like. Once he knows how to set DBs up with his routes he could be an absolute stud

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:51 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my somewhat bold predictions for the Pats this year

1. If Danny Amendola stays healthy all year he will eclipse Wes Welker in every statistical category

2. Danny Amendola won't stay healthy all year

3. The 3 rookie WRs will combine for 100 catches, 2000 yards and 10TDs. KT will be the favourite rookie early with Dobson coming on later in the year

4. Gronk will come back in week 6 and still register double digit TDs

5. Nate Solder finally gets recognition for being an elite LT

6. Chandler Jones become a boss but there are still question marks around the pass rush as a whole

7. While the back end will be improved the pass defense will still be considered a weak point

8. From a stats point Shane Vereen will seem to be a disappointment, however his use will create major match ups problems which will help other guys, mainly Amendola and Gronk

9. Ridley will go over 1200 yards and double digit TDs with 4 fumbles

10. The Pats will have more rush attempts than pass attempts, yet outsiders will still consider this team to be a finesse passing offense

Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and at number 2.

As for mine:

I don't see any way that Gronk stays on the PUP list. Nothing has indicated he needs to miss any more than a game or two and there's no way in hell the Patriots sacrifice 4 games just to open a roster spot for the first game or two.

If he can't play right away he'll be inactive, not PUP.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very excited about what I saw on Friday. We are going to need the young receivers and Sudfield to step up, and they played their asses of. Thompkins looked very, very legit.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to hear the rookie WRs are looking legit. Still rookies but they seem like they'll make an impact.
Crazy how we're talking about two undrafted rookies not just making the team but playing significant snaps.
Awesome for us... not so much for everyone else.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFLN is replaying the game today (4pm, maybe 5pm?) and I'll finally get to watch it tonight. DVR FTMFW!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Nice start when play one is 60 yard run thanks to pancake by solder.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really felt like he should have taken it to the house on that play. Someone I was watching it with mentioned they felt Ridley looked slower on that play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I really felt like he should have taken it to the house on that play. Someone I was watching it with mentioned they felt Ridley looked slower on that play.
I dont know that he takes that all the way last year either. He could certainly be slower with the weight he added tho.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
He's a 4.7 speed RB. He's not going to have long speed.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Yeah I don't think Ridley will ever be a home run threat. His value is the fact that he is very decisive and presses the line of scrimmage so fast. With the plus blocking up front I envision a pretty similar season from him.

If only Vereen had his decisiveness then there is your home run threat!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 05:16 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ridley may be a bit slow, but he's infinitely faster than BJGE. I'll certainly take that. I think he's more of an accelerator than a long strider type. He's pretty good at breaking 20+ type runs. He's just not a guy who is going to take it 80. There aren't too many guys with that kind of speed who can also handle 20+ carries a game.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Ridley may be a bit slow, but he's infinitely faster than BJGE. I'll certainly take that. I think he's more of an accelerator than a long strider type. He's pretty good at breaking 20+ type runs. He's just not a guy who is going to take it 80. There aren't too many guys with that kind of speed who can also handle 20+ carries a game.
Yeah for a guy who runs it nearly 300 times a season Ridley is damn good. I think it is funny when people look at the run from Friday and say he doesn't have breakaway speed, but he is still a huge upgrade over BJGE who had, I believe, a career long with the Pats of 33 yards or something similar.

If he can get a hold on the fumbling issue I think Ridley could be a top 5 back in the league. He is really consistent and he scores

Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I probably wouldn't go that far, since he doesn't catch the football I could never consider him a top 5 back. Plus I think he's going to platoon a lot more this year than last. I still like his skill set. It's going to be interesting to see if we keep him in 2 years. That offseason we're going to have a ton of important guys to resign and I could very easily see him getting lost in the shuffle.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I probably wouldn't go that far, since he doesn't catch the football I could never consider him a top 5 back. Plus I think he's going to platoon a lot more this year than last. I still like his skill set. It's going to be interesting to see if we keep him in 2 years. That offseason we're going to have a ton of important guys to resign and I could very easily see him getting lost in the shuffle.
I actually think Ridley may get a similar number of carries this year to last with Vereen being used more as an x factor in the passing game. I see him being split out wide, in the slot, motioning out of the backfield etc, I'm not too sure how many carries Vereen will get.

Ridley's stat line last year is still being criminally underrated IMO, though I do agree he may get lost in the pack when it comes to resigning guys. I think they would opt to keep Vereen over Ridley due to his ability to create mismatches whereas it is easier to find a bruising RB in the draft

Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the important news of the day...

Quote:
Tebow did a lot of sprints in full pads on the field by himself after the practice. He also hopped back and forth on one foot for a while. He looked to be the last player on the field.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Jenkins released, I am relieved.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Michael Jenkins released, I am relieved.
Huzzah! It'll be interesting to see who McDaniels turns into his next Lloyd and Woodhead, but I'm at least relieved it's not going to be Jenkins.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huzzah! It'll be interesting to see who McDaniels turns into his next Lloyd and Woodhead, but I'm at least relieved it's not going to be Jenkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Amendola just did what Welker didn't at NE - catch a seem pass where he beat someone deep.

Please stay healthy... Please stay healthy... Please stay healthy...

And Sudfeld with the 2 point conversion over two defenders.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Tim Tebow... 1/6, 1 INT. -1 yards. 15 rushing yards on 2 attempts.

14 yards on 8 plays or 1.75 yards per play...

1/7 now... but he did run for 4 yards.

18 yards on 10 plays, 1.8 yards per play! (Improvement)

update: He finished with 11 plays for 31 yards and a turnover (I'm ignoring the 2 kneel downs for -2). That's 2.8 yards per play. Coincidentally, the same average from the last game where he went for 63 yards on 22 plays. That's 33 plays and not even 100 yards. . . Why is he on the roster?

Last edited by descendency : 08-16-2013 at 10:17 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's all, kkthxbi

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of these things is not like the other one.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Over/Under: Amendola, 120 catches.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you even have -1 passing yards?