Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is #29?
Philadelphia 8 15.09%
Kansas City 3 5.66%
Tennessee 25 47.17%
Buffalo 11 20.75%
Arizona 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Surprise to see the titans fall so early but it wouldn't surprise me if they really sucked this year or was wildcardish type of team. The offense should be fine this year with imo one of the best overall offensive lines in the game and locker should have the weapons to have a good year, so really its his time to show if he is or isn't the qb for this team. A better offensive game will help the defense out some but I really don't see this unit being very good but if they can put together a decent top 20 maybe top 15 numbers on defense this team could be wildcardish. I voted the Bills but philly is right there also. Also the browns and bolts would probably be some good options since I believe both will be worse then some teams on this poll.....
I think that's a fair assessment. Time of possession was the biggest thing last year, we were dead last and the defense took a beating because of it. Our DEs had some of the highest snap counts in the NFL because of a lack of depth.

Really, we're pretty solid overall and people don't like to admit that. D-Line is pretty sold, really good DTs, Derrick Morgan played very well last season at DE and Wimbley has reportedly looked really well after bulking up to play DE after switching from LBer before last season. Brown and Ayers are beast at LBers, so is McCarthy if/when healthy. Verner and McCourty is a solid CB tandem, George Wilson graded out as a top 10 safety last season and Pollard bring a physical presense. Michael Griffin is decent, hopefully he can return to previous years play when he had a good SS next to him because his play declined as the SS play decline and his role changed. He should play well in the centerfield but I'm not holding my breath.

We've got more talent than a lot of teams that will be ranked ahead of us in this poll, that's for sure.

But I'm just ready for some football after defending my Titans all season, I'm ready for them to prove it.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From another thread:

I actually think both the tits and bills have a lot to be excited about. That bills team has certainly surrounded EJ Manuel with a lot of dangerous weapons with Hunter, goodwin and maybe Rogers joining Spiller, Stevie and Graham, and it is so far so good with Manuel. With a dangerous running game that offense could be really good as soon as Manuel is.

Defensively that DL's looking good and they have some nice DBs to anchor things around. Unspectacular LB corps but they're not terrible. All in all if the coaching change and Manuel deliver the Bills could be a team on the rise that's just a couple more difference makers on d away from being really dangerous.

The titans don't have much star power on d other than Akeem Ayers, but that OL could well be the best in the NFL and Britt, Wright, Hunter and what'shisface are a good set of receivers for teams to have to respect the pass enough for CJ to tear them up with the newly dominant OL blowing open holes for him.

I'm a locker fan although he has been a disappointment so far, but this year we should see a lot of improvement from Jake as I see him, Bradford and Tannehill as the young QBs who take the biggest step next season. If the titans do bomb and can snag Clowney while Locker shows progression they'd be disgustingly well set up, but I can't see them being that bad.

I'd put one of Philly, KC or Cleveland at this spot.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Locker was the worst QB I saw last year, and the Packers often made QB's look great.
He looked terrrrrrrrrible. I felt bad for his family.
Do people just flat out forget that Jake played with a dislocated shoulder for pretty much the entire season last year? He was also behind the crumiset interior OL in the NFL bar none, and with a defense with the most points given up in the entire league. Yep, he definitely is going to be the same QB as last year. Maybe I shouldn't defend Jake like I do, but I remember people giving McNair the same crap early on in his career, about accuracy, injuries, taking hits and if memory serves me he turned out just fine. I do know that Jake is tough, isn't scared of rush, has a huge arm, is a good leader, is highly athletic and has played well when healthy. But yes, there is no way he can get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have posted a runoff poll because I overlooked the Cleveland Browns as an option in this poll.

I hope you Tennessee fans are happy.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote