Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-15-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Thanks for all your tips guys.

I am seeing Ronnie Hillman fall consistently, as well as Montee Ball. Is this a case of the committee being such that neither guy will be super productive?
Yes, but I think it's a bit misguided. Hillman is getting all the 1st team reps and the news has been somewhat consistent that Ball isn't good enough in passpro to get it done. To me, Hillman is currently a huge steal. Mostly, people expect Ball to take over at some point (and he may) but until I see it, I'll gladly take Hillman. Ball will likely be short yardage and goal line so there's the vulture concern, too.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, it's PPR, not a keeper league. I like Marshall a lot. Last year he only had a couple of games where he had less that 5 catches.

Allright, another scenario...Roddy White or Andre Johnson? Pick #28.
White. Falcons will pass a ton and Houston won't. Andre is older, slower, and has a run 1st team.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take Andre. upside is enormous, but he's usually my WR2 so keep that in mind. last season he posted 112 catches, 1500+ yards, only 4 tds - an abnormally low number for him in a full season. if he plays another full season i think it's reasonable to expect 90 rec, 1200 yards, 8 tds. far more than i expect from roddy.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Allright, another scenario...Roddy White or Andre Johnson? Pick #28.
Same age plus Andre will get way more targets.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I take Andre. upside is enormous, but he's usually my WR2 so keep that in mind. last season he posted 112 catches, 1500+ yards, only 4 tds - an abnormally low number for him in a full season. if he plays another full season i think it's reasonable to expect 90 rec, 1200 yards, 8 tds. far more than i expect from roddy.
i should redact the last statement. those numbers have basically been roddy's averages over the last 5-6 years. i still expect them to drop as julio becomes the guy in atlanta
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rice or CJ Spiller?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In PPR go Andre I think and hope he can actually get into the end zone.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ray Rice or CJ Spiller?
I'd go CJ. The Bills are gonna give him the ball 152 times a game and Bernard Pierce is good enough to steal a few TDs.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'm a Dolphins fan and I echo the don't keep Wallace sentiment. I think Rodgers depends on what pick it is, if you are saying you are 10th overall, I'd consider keeping him.

Is Hartline still worth drafting?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Definitely, I think he can be trusted as a WR3. Him and Tannehill have good chemistry (something Wallace and Tannehill don't have) and I expect him to have similar numbers to last year, with hopefully some more TDs now that there are other weapons down in the redzone.

I also really like Dustin Keller this year. Keller is the FA that Tannehill has really taken to and looks to be the security blanket that Bess was plus a redzone weapon. With good health, I wouldn't be surprised if Keller was a top 10 TE.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats everyone thinking about MJD right now? Hes 28 but has a lot of wear coming off of lisfranc which almost no one has successfully bounced back and dominated from...and yet some projections on him are more productive then I am leaning to think.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I'd go CJ. The Bills are gonna give him the ball 152 times a game and Bernard Pierce is good enough to steal a few TDs.
On one side I completely agree. On the other hand, without Pitta, Boldin, and Dickson, I see the Ravens leaning on Rice a lot like they used to, especially with dumpoffs in the passing game on 2nd and longs, and 3rd downs. I can easily see Rice catching 70-80 balls. This could be huge in a PPR league.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
In PPR go Andre I think and hope he can actually get into the end zone.
I think I can't go wrong with either one, but I am tending to agree with this.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

How does everyone feel about Eric Decker?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

If I wanted to pick a handcuff RB with my last pick, who would you choose...Fred Jackson, Ben Tate, or Mikel Leshoure?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I wanted to pick a handcuff RB with my last pick, who would you choose...Fred Jackson, Ben Tate, or Mikel Leshoure?
Tate or Jackson. Jackson will get more playing time of the 3.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yes. I think he's a bargain, actually. Wallace scream "Got Paid!" to me and I just don't see him reaching his best season again. Grizz said exactly what I was thinking. Even if he's mean in mafia, getting confirmation from a phins fan is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Whats everyone thinking about MJD right now? Hes 28 but has a lot of wear coming off of lisfranc which almost no one has successfully bounced back and dominated from...and yet some projections on him are more productive then I am leaning to think.
Pass. 3rd round I might take him but I still wouldn't feel good about it. He just has too many red flags for me to take that risk. I'd rather take Gore or a WR and bank on a young pair of legs later.

Quote:
How does everyone feel about Eric Decker?
He's probably the odd man out. I don't know if that offense has enough production for 3 guys to beast, and I'm thinking it's either D.Thomas and Welker going 1000 each or it's all DT and Welker and Decker vulture each other.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Yes. I think he's a bargain, actually. Wallace scream "Got Paid!" to me and I just don't see him reaching his best season again. Grizz said exactly what I was thinking. Even if he's mean in mafia, getting confirmation from a phins fan is nice.

Pass. 3rd round I might take him but I still wouldn't feel good about it. He just has too many red flags for me to take that risk. I'd rather take Gore or a WR and bank on a young pair of legs later.

He's probably the odd man out. I don't know if that offense has enough production for 3 guys to beast, and I'm thinking it's either D.Thomas and Welker going 1000 each or it's all DT and Welker and Decker vulture each other.
Gotcha. I forgot about Welker coming in. Do you still see Decker as a solid WR3?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Gotcha. I forgot about Welker coming in. Do you still see Decker as a solid WR3?
Sure. Brandon Stokely was a solid WR3 when Marvin and Reggie were putting up >1k each.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I would, especially in deeper leagues.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Decker doesn't get the catches he did last season, probably closer to 70 but he'll get 900 or so yards and he'll get the tds just as DT does. He'll probably get 8-10tds so he should still be considered a #2 or #3 to me
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I am consistently pulling the following draft in my ten team mock, in this order. This is for a PPR, non-keeper league, and I have pick #8.

CJ Spiller
Brandon Marshall
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore
Eric Decker
Jason Witten
Giovanni Bernard
TY Hilton
Tony Romo
Daryl Richardson
Chris Givens
Cleveland defense
Greg Zuerlein
Justin Blackmon
Sam Bradford

Would you be happy with this team? Any spots where you think you could make a better pick at the same position?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think Decker doesn't get the catches he did last season, probably closer to 70 but he'll get 900 or so yards and he'll get the tds just as DT does. He'll probably get 8-10tds so he should still be considered a #2 or #3 to me
Thanks MT...you play in a lot of leagues so that is reassuring:-)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Are there any late round backs that you guys feel really confident in as a sleeper?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there any late round backs that you guys feel really confident in as a sleeper?
I don't really see any sleepers at the RB position unless its due to injury. Obviously, Pierce, Tate, Brown and Greene are the top handcuff backs I think.

Speaking of Greene, I think he could be a surprise. IF the Titans run game works like they want it then he's a candidate for 700 yards and 10tds. Nice player to have on your bench for bye week replacement or injury.

I like DeAngelo Williams as a late round sleeper. He's been going 12-15 in most of my leagues, and I think the Panthers intend to run the ball with the RBs more this season and I just don't trust Stewart to carry the load.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote