Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
sucks for him, but oh well he plays for philly so its hard to feel sorry fro them

had it been hakeem nicks i'd be doing handstands

Nicks contract year. An injury like that would make things interesting. I am not sure we try resigning him for a lot of that happened. Staying healthy is the primary goal for him. In other news, R. R is tearing it up at Z so that's good news for us.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
So watched the Blue White scrimmage this weekend. A QB on the roster Tanney really stuck out to me during the game. Playing behind the garbage 3rd and 4th string lines he was forced to move around in the pocket. He displayed good arm strength and good accuracy. Ultimately throwing a TD to end his session on 4th and long.

Today I came across this....I love this kid....
Thats badass lol

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mickey Spagnola ‏@Spags52 8m
Cowboys release DE Cameron Sheffield. CB Devin Smith so they can sign G Jeff Olson (TCU) & T James Nelson UTEP...details on Talkin Cowboys

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-01-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So watched the Blue White scrimmage this weekend. A QB on the roster Tanney really stuck out to me during the game. Playing behind the garbage 3rd and 4th string lines he was forced to move around in the pocket. He displayed good arm strength and good accuracy. Ultimately throwing a TD to end his session on 4th and long.

Not gonna lie I had no idea who he was when we signed him, until about a week ago I remember reading somewhere he had a nice practice. Then when you posted this and I started watching this I remember seeing this before but had no clue who he was then. Obviously the first thing you think of after seeing the video is "why didn't get get drafted". Then I searched his wiki page and surprising to me he was a very decorated College passer, granted it was Monmouth but he produced big time and set the NCAA record for all time division touchdown passes. Not like it means anything considering where he played but just saying that to say I wasn't expecting that at all.

He got a few camp invites last year, went to KC and got hurt, put on IR before he really had a chance to show himself in pre-season so he was waived. I don't expect him to make our roster, but depending on what he shows in pre-season I wouldn't mind stashing him for 1 year to learn the system. Now that I know a little more about him, I'll at least be looking to see if he looks half decent.

edit: found this article, not sure if this is where I heard he had a nice practice or not:

Quote:
OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys plan to keep only two quarterbacks again, saving a roster spot to go heavy at another position, but Alex Tanney has at least caught their attention.

Tanney, who is best known for a passing trick shot video that went viral, put on a pretty good show during Sunday’s scrimmage. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Tanney escaped pressure and threw strikes downfield on several occasions, giving a glimpse of the tools that allowed him to set Division III career records for passing yards (14,249) and touchdowns (157) at Monmouth College in Illinois.

“I think he’s an instinctive player,” head coach Jason Garrett said. “I think every player on your football team, regardless of what position they play, instincts are really, really important. For the position he plays, instincts are line one. I’ve never seen a really good quarterback who wasn’t an instinctive guy.

“He’s a good athlete. You see him move around. He can escape trouble. He’s got a quick stroke. He throws the ball hard enough. He throws the ball accurate enough. There’s no question about that, but I think he sees things. He’s got some instincts about him, and like I said, it’s a really important trait for that position.”

Tanney, 25, arrived at training camp as a long shot, signing with the Cowboys just before they left for California. He was undrafted last year and spent his rookie season on the Kansas City Chiefs’ injured reserve.

It’d probably take a phenomenal preseason from Tanney for the Cowboys to discuss keeping him on the 53-man roster, but he certainly at least merits strong consideration for the practice squad.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...trigue-cowboys

One good thing about it is I trust Garrett in evaluating him, he should know if he's got starter potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 08-01-2013 at 05:10 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Move over Tony. I'm in love.

Pretty sweet talent!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahonI haven't seen anything out here to suggest that Tyron Smith is primed for leap from pretty good to Pro Bowler. DeMarcus Ware has dominated.

Jean-Jacques Taylor @JJT_ESPNDallas After hearing about the butt-kicking the OLine is taking today, perhaps Romo shud re-think his position on playing in HOF game

Calvin Watkins @calvinwatkins Oline struggling today in pass protection. 3 sacks allowed.

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon Three snaps, two sacks for DeMarcus Ware.

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon Everyone remembered the snap count except for center Travis Frederick.

The Dallas Cowboys’ offensive line struggled throughout team drills, giving up eight sacks.

But at least we drafted a backup TE, 3rd team RB, and another #3 WR. Just cant figure why we didnt draft or sign more O-linemen. Killed us last year and gonna kill us again this year. Sooooo frustrating

Last edited by pocketaces : 08-01-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok with Livings hurt now, we need to go ahead and sign Brandon Moore like yesterday. Bring in him and Waters. We can't realistically expect to go into the season with this many injuries on the interior line.

I'm also not concerned about Ware whipping Tyron's ass, who didn't think that would happen? If it didn't I'd be wondering if Ware was dropping off. There isn't a LT in this game who can block him 1 on 1 right now which includes our own. I hope he continues to work him because it won't get much harder then facing him.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Player of the Day: Ron Leary. On a day filled with hand-wringing at the growing number of sidelined interior linemen (compounded by reports that Nate Livings' injury might be longer-term than initially anticipated), Leary alleviated a great deal of the "here we go again" anxiety with his performance. He showed increasing agility in the run game, getting out quickly in the above mentioned power run drills and, more importantly, demonstrated strong pass blocking, stymieing Jason Hatcher in the one-on-one session. With Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick on either side of a developing Leary, we can begin to see the emergence of a dominant side for the Cowboys O-line in 2013 - the side to which Bill Callahan will call runs on crucial 3rd and shorts.
Quote:
During punt coverage drills, Eric Frampton looked good, once beating a double team block by Anthony Amos and Xavier Brewer. I think Frampton is in a legitimate battle with Danny McCray for a roster spot as a safety/ special teams ace; make sure to add them to your "to-watch" list on Sunday.

The competitive period once again split the team into two groups: seven-on-seven and OL-DL. The coaches "situationalized" the seven-on-seven period, not only by making it a red zone exercise, but also by dialing in specific downs and distances. As the offense was setting up for one play, an offensive assistant yelled out, "3rd and four; see the sticks! 3rd and four; see the sticks!" to remind the players of the situation in which they were being immersed. At the other end of the field, the news for the O-line was both good and bad. Ron Leary did a good job handling Jason Hatcher, who has been spectacular thus far in camp. His next-door neighbor on the line, Tyron Smith, had a bad day against DeMarcus Ware, who beat him handily on several occasions.
Quote:
Their competitive juices fired, the entire team met for the concluding team period, which functioned largely as an end-of-game scrimmage in miniature. Tony Romo and the first team offense got the ball against the first defense with about two and a half minutes left on the clock and about 60 yards to go, trailing 24-20. When they scored (thanks in no small part to a terrific Romo-to-Witten completion to the four on the same play on which he had earlier overthrown Witten) with fewer than forty seconds remaining, the second unit took over and Kyle Orton tried to lead them down the field against the second defense. After a couple of short completions, the drive fizzled. Orton's final pass fell incomplete, signalling the end of practice.

Easy to find doom and gloom when you cherry-pick twitter. Leary is coming along from all accounts and the first team offense hasn't had a problem scoring. *shrugs*

Injuries to the line should make you expect some pains during the early part of camp. If we are breaking preseason with offensive line issues then I'll start listening until then meh. Also if you are worried because D-Ware is beating Tyron consistently I'm at a loss of words. Ware is the most complete pass rusher in the league and you are asking a LT to 1v1 one consistently. If Tyron managed that I'd be concerned for Ware.

We get it you didn't like the draft. You don't need to go all Bob on us :P

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-02-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Easy to find doom and gloom when you cherry-pick twitter. Leary is coming along from all accounts and the first team offense hasn't had a problem scoring. *shrugs*

Injuries to the line should make you expect some pains during the early part of camp. If we are breaking preseason with offensive line issues then I'll start listening until then meh. Also if you are worried because D-Ware is beating Tyron consistently I'm at a loss of words. Ware is the most complete pass rusher in the league and you are asking a LT to 1v1 one consistently. If Tyron managed that I'd be concerned for Ware.

We get it you didn't like the draft. You don't need to go all Bob on us :P
LOL its easy to find warm and fuzzys when you cherry pick articles as well.

If your "meh" about the line then I dont know what to say. We had the worst rushing attack in the HISTORY of our team. TR was sacked 36 times and hit/pressured no telling how many more. I dont expect TS to beat Ware 1 on 1 but coming off a very average year and getting DOMINATED its a little concerning but I know hes the least of our problems.

If you think Im as bad as Bob, put me on ignore. I dont insult, call people names, say your stupid or anything like that. My opinion is, our line SUCKS and we didnt do enough to fix it even though there were options avalible. 90%+ on here said that MB and Livings were bad pickups and we were right. We'll see soon enough if we are any better but Im not holding my breath.

At the end of the day I hope I am dead wrong and come December you can say you were right and our lines are the reason we are headed to the playoffs. I have a feeling if we do make the playoffs it will be in spite of their poor play. Cant wait to see it unfold.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant Bob as in the extreme pessimism not in an insulting/demeaning way. Didn't mean to imply that. :) I was just trying to say the sky isn't falling because Watkins and MacMahon said so. They both sensationalize absolutely everything in order to get clicks. It isn't shocking that both are not liked by players and FO alike. Remember Watkins picking a fight with Jay Ratliff? Nothing worse than a reporter that attempts to fabricate news in order to turn a profit.

The offensive line was worse than bad last year. I said THIS YEAR's LINE has me at "meh" until we see them in action. I'm not going to go off MacMahon/Watkins solely when contradicting reports are coming from BtB whom have no issue calling out poor play. Case in point Matt Johnson. He is getting destroyed on there for getting bumped below McCray/Frampton on some defensive snaps. On the flip side JJ Wilcox has been impressing and has them convinced he'll be pushing for starting time sooner rather than later.

I disagree that better options were available for the interior line however. Dallas traded down without getting sexy value because they didn't want to take Floyd. If Cooper had been there of course we would have taken him but he wasn't. We traded down and nabbed the best available interior lineman in Frederick who has acquitted himself nicely in camp. I'm not going to be angry at the team for reaching for a "1st to 5th" round talent depending on scouting resource. If they graded him as the next best available lineman I'm happy with that. We needed interior lineman and couldn't afford to pass on them this year.

I 100% agree that MB and Livings were bad additions. I tried to rationalize it at the time but I was thoroughly unimpressed. They didn't make sense with the direction of the team and neither have proved be dependable options. Livings is passable for another year but personally I think Mac can leave immediately. This team needs a talent infusion in our depth but this unit as a whole has not been taken care of properly. I absolutely believe we need to bring Brandon Moore unless he's asking for big money which reportedly he still is. The thing I don't want to see is another Livings/Bernie panic buy. Leary is coming along and is developing rapport with Frederick and Smith. Let the left side of the line alone and worry about RG and RT. Free has been looking better on the right side but he has a LONG way to go from last season before he reaches passable. RG is a major black mark but if Livings can get healthy and play at a similar level to last year this offensive line went through a MAJOR upgrade.

Frederick >>> Costa
Leary > Bernie Mac
Livings = Livings

IMHO we've already gotten better to the point where I won't be cringing every other player about a free rusher up the middle. Are they good enough to call it even an "average" line? I'm not going that far but they should be strides ahead of that abortion from last year.

Once again apologies for the Bob remark I should have simply said to stop being a pessimist as Bob certain conjures the wrong image in that regard.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I meant Bob as in the extreme pessimism not in an insulting/demeaning way. Didn't mean to imply that. :) I was just trying to say the sky isn't falling because Watkins and MacMahon said so. They both sensationalize absolutely everything in order to get clicks. It isn't shocking that both are not liked by players and FO alike. Remember Watkins picking a fight with Jay Ratliff? Nothing worse than a reporter that attempts to fabricate news in order to turn a profit.

The offensive line was worse than bad last year. I said THIS YEAR's LINE has me at "meh" until we see them in action. I'm not going to go off MacMahon/Watkins solely when contradicting reports are coming from BtB whom have no issue calling out poor play. Case in point Matt Johnson. He is getting destroyed on there for getting bumped below McCray/Frampton on some defensive snaps. On the flip side JJ Wilcox has been impressing and has them convinced he'll be pushing for starting time sooner rather than later.

I disagree that better options were available for the interior line however. Dallas traded down without getting sexy value because they didn't want to take Floyd. If Cooper had been there of course we would have taken him but he wasn't. We traded down and nabbed the best available interior lineman in Frederick who has acquitted himself nicely in camp. I'm not going to be angry at the team for reaching for a "1st to 5th" round talent depending on scouting resource. If they graded him as the next best available lineman I'm happy with that. We needed interior lineman and couldn't afford to pass on them this year.

I 100% agree that MB and Livings were bad additions. I tried to rationalize it at the time but I was thoroughly unimpressed. They didn't make sense with the direction of the team and neither have proved be dependable options. Livings is passable for another year but personally I think Mac can leave immediately. This team needs a talent infusion in our depth but this unit as a whole has not been taken care of properly. I absolutely believe we need to bring Brandon Moore unless he's asking for big money which reportedly he still is. The thing I don't want to see is another Livings/Bernie panic buy. Leary is coming along and is developing rapport with Frederick and Smith. Let the left side of the line alone and worry about RG and RT. Free has been looking better on the right side but he has a LONG way to go from last season before he reaches passable. RG is a major black mark but if Livings can get healthy and play at a similar level to last year this offensive line went through a MAJOR upgrade.

Frederick >>> Costa
Leary > Bernie Mac
Livings = Livings

IMHO we've already gotten better to the point where I won't be cringing every other player about a free rusher up the middle. Are they good enough to call it even an "average" line? I'm not going that far but they should be strides ahead of that abortion from last year.

Once again apologies for the Bob remark I should have simply said to stop being a pessimist as Bob certain conjures the wrong image in that regard.
I was talking more about FA's than the draft but still feel like we could/should have went line heavy in the draft as well. Im just basing my opinions off of last year and what Im reading from the guys that are actually at camp. 8 sacks is 8 sacks no matter whos saying it. And I agree we MIGHT be better on the left side but Leary is a HUGH medical risk which is why he went undrafted. Im a hugh Cowboy homer but it seems so obvious that are biggest weakness coming into this year was BOTH lines and Safety. 31st in rushing and 31st in minus plays by the D. TF is not going to fix all that.

Like I said, I hope Im wrong but I see Romo running for his life and teams running it down our throat. Cant see us running it very well either but we do play a much easier schedule so that should help.

I accept your apology

Old 08-02-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I was talking more about FA's than the draft but still feel like we could/should have went line heavy in the draft as well. Im just basing my opinions off of last year and what Im reading from the guys that are actually at camp. 8 sacks is 8 sacks no matter whos saying it. And I agree we MIGHT be better on the left side but Leary is a HUGH medical risk which is why he went undrafted. Im a hugh Cowboy homer but it seems so obvious that are biggest weakness coming into this year was BOTH lines and Safety. 31st in rushing and 31st in minus plays by the D. TF is not going to fix all that.

Like I said, I hope Im wrong but I see Romo running for his life and teams running it down our throat. Cant see us running it very well either but we do play a much easier schedule so that should help.

I accept your apology
Once again Watkins and MacMahon are pay for clicks guys. They sensationalize in order to make money. I understand it's not pretty reading from them but it's their job to make sure you come back for more. When it's the Cowboys either we're Super Bowl contenders or absolutely terrible with no in-between when it comes to popular media. Reasoning? Most clicks.

Blogging the Boys has multiple members attending camp covering every practice and have daily write-ups on the events as well as contacts for other media members within every open thread that aren't sensationalizing what they see.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

Read the practice summaries and I promise you won't feel as terrible. The team isn't perfect and is downright sad in some spots but it's a much more complete picture as opposed to the drivel that spews from Watkins and company.

That being said Livings being out up to 4 weeks is bad. Our interior line consists of 4 healthy guys right now. At least we'll get an extended look at the young guys :)
Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

At Least Leary is probably gonna be a starter, that was 1 thing I wanted to have happen. The other was Parnell come in and beat out Free, but sadly that hasn't happened and Free I don't trust at all. Ideally though, Livings was supposed to be healthy and Leary could be the other guard, I hope that can still happen.

I haven't seen Leary play yet, but all I know is he was supposed to be a pretty high draft pick but his knees didn't check out so nobody wanted to take a chance. Once he cleared physicals his talent was never in question, and when you have been as bad as we have let some of these young guys get in and see what you have.

I hope Tanney plays more now that Romo is out Sunday.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 11m
Terrance williams appears to have a concussion which is horrible timing considering 2 games will be played in a week.. Might miss them both

Old 08-02-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

He needed those reps bad but that probably locks Harris into the #3 role if he didn't have it already. I'm excited to see him this year, he brings a lot to the table and if Williams can develop quickly we could be in a good spot to release Austin and get some of that money back for a Dez contract.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The receivers are so deep that this opens up the door for someone to take the 5th spot, and possibly get the team to open up the door for a 6th. We know that Dez, Miles, Williams, and Harris will be there. 5th is probably going to be Beasley, but if someone like Eric Rogers or Jared Green shines big in these games it could create a good problem for the coaches.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

I have been right for 7 years, the rest wrong with one exception. All starts at the top.

Let Disappointment 2013 begin!!!!!!!
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like there's a lot of confidence in Leary. I need to watch the game from last night again to see how he did, but it looks like he got a lot of PT.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Seems like there's a lot of confidence in Leary. I need to watch the game from last night again to see how he did, but it looks like he got a lot of PT.
The entire interior line looked better even as the night progressed into the lower units. Granted Miami's interior rush isn't elite by any measure. It is still encouraging :)

Quote:
Cris Collinsworth couldn't hide his manlove for the Fredbeard last night, and the national pundits are slowly coming around to the idea that - contrary to popular perception - the Cowboys may actually have an idea of what they are doing.
LOL. Love that quote.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-05-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where was Parnell last night?

Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Where was Parnell last night?
Injured hamstring.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

OXNARD, Calif. -- A overcast day had Gavin Escobar struggle and Jason Hatcher dominate.

*Tight end Gavin Escobar had some difficulties blocking and catching on Monday. Escobar failed to hold the block of defensive end Toby Jackson and allowed a sack. Bruce Carter pushed past Escobar and got a tackle on a DeMarco Murray run. Escobar also couldn't hold onto a pass while covered by a defender tightly.

*In a red zone drill, Dez Bryant slipped behind Carter and caught a touchdown pass in front of Barry Church.

*Jason Hatcher continues to have a strong camp, he picked up two sacks and had numerous pressures on Tony Romo. Hatcher is doing a nice job with a swim move that allows him to slip pass blockers in the gap.

*A rare sight on Monday: Dropped passes from James Hanna and Bryant.

*Orlando Scandrick had great coverage on Bryant but somehow Romo's throw got through for a score in an one-on-one drill.

*Brandon Underwood knocked a pass away for Anthony Amos during one-on-ones.

*Anthony Armstrong caught a deep ball from Nick Stephens between two defenders. Safety Jeff Heath stood there watching the ball and reacted late to the play. Armstrong jumped between the two defenders to make the catch. After Armstrong caught the pass he did a back bump with Bryant.

*When Mackenzy Bernadeau was flagged for a false start David Arkin replaced him.

*With Morris Claiborne out with a sore knee, Scandrick and Brandon Carr were the outside corners and Sterling Moore covered the slot.

*Romo connected on a deep pass to Bryant but corner Xavier Brewer didn't turn his head to see the ball. Bryant turned his head to see the pass and moved in front of Brewer to make the reception.

*Romo has gotten good line play the last two days of practices especially up the middle with Travis Frederick, Ronald Leary and Bernadeau. When the pocket does breakdown, Romo is able to quickly move out of harms way and get rid of passes. We've noticed he's not trying to force as many throws like in years past. With Jason Witten covered in a red zone drill, Romo threw the pass away instead of trying to make something work. If Romo does take a risk, it's to Bryant.

*Miles Austin fielded some punts. With B.W. Webb's muff on the punt return in the Oakland game, Cole Beasley's injury and Joseph Randle's inexperience at that position, the Cowboys might give Austin some opportunities as a returner.

*Darrion Weems (sore chest) attended practice Monday holding his helmet but didn't participate.

*In an interesting sight, Jay Ratliff was talking to Jerry Jones during practice. The two got into a verbal confrontation last season. Jones said it was like getting into it with your son. Ratliff hasn't commented on the incident.

*Jermey Parnell has returned from a strained hamstring, but isn't getting any team snaps. Edawn Coughman is the left tackle and James Nelson the right tackle on the second-team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-report-day-15

Old 08-13-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

How has Will Allen been performing in camp so far? I've heard little to nothing about how he's doing.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How has Will Allen been performing in camp so far? I've heard little to nothing about how he's doing.
Ive heard hes done well. Hes probably going to be the starter next to Church. I think hes one of those guys thats not going to be a big time playmaker but hes not goint to hurt us either. Hopefully hes more than a JAG

Old 08-16-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was out for a bit with an injury. He's shown the most range of our safeties and looks to be a solid starter in our scheme. The notable thing from training camp thus far is that he laid out Witten over the middle a few practices ago. He's brought more physicality than we initially thought he would. Good signing...especially with Johnson and Wilcox missing weeks of TC. He could be upgraded during the season if one of the younger guys shows us something..but at this point he's the best choice for the job.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote