Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 08-16-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Really not too hard to imagine McGloin making few mistakes and mental errors in practice.
McGloin ran an NFL scheme in college. His ceiling certainly isn't nearly as high as WIlson, and may never be anything more than a 3rd stringer who bounces around. But fact is McGloin is NFL-ready mentally, Wilson isn't.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Mike Glennon?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Tyler Wilson played a snap in preseason yet? Legitimate question, not a troll. I mean that QB competition looks like a sack of crap vs a jar of piss right now, and I haven't heard a word about Wilson in weeks.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Has Tyler Wilson played a snap in preseason yet? Legitimate question, not a troll. I mean that QB competition looks like a sack of crap vs a jar of piss right now, and I haven't heard a word about Wilson in weeks.
In their first preseason game he completed 3 of his 6 passes for 28 yards.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah played the first week and not since. McGloin has been getting the reps in camp and in games. It seems Wilson is struggling with the mental side of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
Yeah played the first week and not since. McGloin has been getting the reps in camp and in games. It seems Wilson is struggling with the mental side of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut.
Well there may be a roster spot for him now after Flynn has completely crapped the bed. I know Flynn's contract is 100% guaranteed for 2013 and 0% for 2014 though, so who knows. It sounds like Wilson would pass through waivers at this point and make it to Raider's practice squad.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well there may be a roster spot for him now after Flynn has completely crapped the bed. I know Flynn's contract is 100% guaranteed for 2013 and 0% for 2014 though, so who knows. It sounds like Wilson would pass through waivers at this point and make it to Raider's practice squad.
Has Flynn really been so bad that he's not even a decent option as a backup?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn is not good, but if you have to pay him anyway then he can be a decent backup or a bad starter.

Last edited by WCH : 08-24-2013 at 06:07 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Has Flynn really been so bad that he's not even a decent option as a backup?
He would be an OK backup, but it becomes a matter of his contract and the fact that if they think Tyler Wilson isn't a complete lost cause and someone may snag him if they try to get him to clear waivers and put him on the practice squad, then it might be worth cutting Flynn and rolling with Pryor with McGloin and Wilson as backups. Otherwise you risk losing your 4th round pick. From what I've gathered, they may not lose sleep over losing this pick though. So yeah I guess Flynn is still a favorite to make the team.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn seems to struggle sensing pressure. I'm guessing he played with a pretty clean pocket in his starts in Green Bay? Oakland's line is not great but I'm not sure which factor is more significant.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Well that's the end of that. Tyler Wilson waived by the Raiders today.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has been completely oblivious to the rush and makes NO pre snap adjustments. Frankly, I am surprised he looked this bad. As far as Wilson, he is a mess. Not only did he not pick up the play book, he didn't respond in a competitive fashion to the challenge posed by McGloin. Whoever said that Wilson has the better upside, my question is based on what? BOTH QBs are smallish, both have decent arms, but McGloin has the edge in that category. And he looks vastly more confident on the field. So why does Wilson have the better upside from the practice squad?

As far as the Raiders being upset about wasting a pick on Wilson, I can guarantee you they don't care because Pryor has stepped up his passing and they feel good about McGloin. What they are probably kicking themselves about is a player or two that they could have drafted in the 4th round in place of Wilson because the team still needs as much talent as it can get.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default To a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
Good Job PrinceFielder. I agree with the other people that if you not with the norm of what people perceive as the draft rankings than you are going to get ripped on here like every other site. People hear this is a 1st round guy and this guy has no shot to be beyond the 3rd from media types and they take it as a given that that information is true.

I love people who go outside of what is "common thinking" and does their own thing. I am the same way. I dont necessarily agree with all of your rankings but I do like the fact that you have your own way of thinking whether right or wrong. I wish more people were like this and could think outside of a box and come to their own conclusions instead of believing all of the mush that they are fed leading up to the draft on a daily basis.
You do that too much and you look like Corey Chavous.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Try again, it's TP2.

- Genius