Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else thinking Lamar Miller might be a fantasy bust?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Stafford more, but there's not much of a difference between them - or any of the other QBs in their fantasy tier. At the end of the year there will probably only be 20 or so points separating them.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rank these guys, standard scoring....

AJ Green
Brandon Marshall
Dez Bryant
Jimmy Graham
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, I don't know. Not to take anything away from Stafford, but I think Seattle's D is going to create an enormous amount of turnovers and short fields for Wilson to work with. I don't think he will have the yardage that Stafford will, but I can easily see Wilson throwing 30+ TDs and scoring another half dozen on the ground.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooo whatcha guys think about my team in our 20 team/PPR/Return Yardage/3 keeper league here on the site? The HC position gives you 5 points if the team wins and 0 for a loss..

QB - Matt Stafford
RB - CJ Spiller
RB - Giovani Bernard
RB/WR - Andre Roberts
WR - TY Hilton
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
TE - Jason Witten
D/ST - St. Louis Rams
DL - Greg Hardy
LB - Lavonte David
DB - Leodis McKelvin
K - Matt Bryant
HC - Cincinnati Bengals

QB - Michael Vick
RB - Darius Reynaud, Latavius Murray, Shaun Draughn
WR - Nate Burleson, Brian Quick, Michael Crabtree
TE - Dwayne Allen

I like how it ended up, but I think it's a little too upsidey.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rank these guys, standard scoring....

AJ Green
Brandon Marshall
Dez Bryant
Jimmy Graham
AJ Green
Dez Bryant
Brandon Marshall
Jimmy Graham

In all reality, all three receivers will probably produce really similar numbers, somewhere between 1200-1500 yards and 10-12 TDs.

I just think that those guys are more solid bets than Graham to produce around those numbers, but Graham could realistically do it too. The thing with Graham though is that if Gronk misses a lot of time, no other TE will probably come close to what he will do, production wise. I'd rather take one of those receivers and a guy like Tony Gonzalez two rounds later, than Graham and a mediocre receiver.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on this 12 teamer I drafted last night? .5 ppr

QB Drew Brees
RB Doug Martin
RB Stevan Ridley
WR Andre Johnson
WR Jordy Nelson
FLEX Giovani Bernard
TE Greg Olsen

Bench

Antonio Brown
Mark Ingram
Pierre Thomas
Michael Floyd
Owen Daniels
Ryan Broyles
Toby Gerhart
Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in earth do you get Brees is the 3rd?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
How in earth do you get Brees is the 3rd?
Wanted a top WR but they went so fast. Demaryius went one pick before me, couldn't pass on Brees.. I was surprised too.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 team auction draft last night

QB - Ben Roethlisberger / Carson Palmer
RB - Jamaal Charles / Stevan Ridley / Ryan Mathews
WR - Dez Bryant / Larry Fitzgerald / Reggie Wayne / Emmanuel Sanders
TE - Jordan Cameron
K - Caleb Sturgis
D/ST - Baltimore

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Sooooo whatcha guys think about my team in our 20 team/PPR/Return Yardage/3 keeper league here on the site? The HC position gives you 5 points if the team wins and 0 for a loss..

I like how it ended up, but I think it's a little too upsidey.
very upsidey indeed. Spiller obviously a PPR stud, Witten is actually elite in PPR as well, and Stafford is going to chuck it a ton. Those 3 in a 20 teamer should keep you competitive. You sort of marginalize the risk with Gio in ppr so I dont mind him as a RB2. Your WR concern me but I see the Cardinals becoming pass-first so Roberts carries a lot of upside, as does Hilton. Not a big Hopkins fan - I think that pass game is a one man show. A lot of high-reward handcuffs on your bench at RB but it's pretty thin outside of Vick. For a 20 person league, though, it's a solid team for sure.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Wanted a top WR but they went so fast. Demaryius went one pick before me, couldn't pass on Brees.. I was surprised too.
If my draft goes like that I'm going to rape my league. But alas I'm in a league full of saints fans.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
If my draft goes like that I'm going to rape my league. But alas I'm in a league full of saints fans.
lol, I wanted Graham the most but he went right at the start of round 2 (14th overall)
Old 08-18-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive got 3 teams, start 1 TE and I have Olsen, Rudolph and Gates. I've put in trades to a few teams, most notably Dustin Keller (now injured) that I'm waiting word back on. If this fails, I'm going to get rid of 1, possibly two of them. I currently don't have a kicker or D on the roster and am full, so would likely cut them to sign my starters at those positions.

I think Olsen is my favorite, but he has a bye week of 4 so I'd be trying to find someone to produce. Rudolph is next but has a bye week of 5, Gates is last but has a bye week of 8.

I could likely find a way to keep Olsen and Rudolph for a 5 weeks through the byes until I figure out which is better.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I want Jordan Cameron so bad this year. The entire browns offense will be really good this year.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want Jordan Cameron so bad this year. The entire browns offense will be really good this year.
i'm starting to agree with this. weeden has looked extremely sharp in pre-season, even if it is just pre-season. he's got weapons in gordon and cameron and a real life run game with richardson. i'm probably going to take weeden in the 1st round of my 16-team keeper
Old 08-18-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I still don't get why the cardinals are having Fitz run underneath routes in the redzone. It makes me not want to draft him.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
AJ Green
Dez Bryant
Brandon Marshall
Jimmy Graham

In all reality, all three receivers will probably produce really similar numbers, somewhere between 1200-1500 yards and 10-12 TDs.

I just think that those guys are more solid bets than Graham to produce around those numbers, but Graham could realistically do it too. The thing with Graham though is that if Gronk misses a lot of time, no other TE will probably come close to what he will do, production wise. I'd rather take one of those receivers and a guy like Tony Gonzalez two rounds later, than Graham and a mediocre receiver.
I think Julio puts up those kind of numbers as well
Old 08-18-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Thoughts on this 12 teamer I drafted last night? .5 ppr

QB Drew Brees
RB Doug Martin
RB Stevan Ridley
WR Andre Johnson
WR Jordy Nelson
FLEX Giovani Bernard
TE Greg Olsen

Bench

Antonio Brown
Mark Ingram
Pierre Thomas
Michael Floyd
Owen Daniels
Ryan Broyles
Toby Gerhart
i don't even have any suggestions or gripes with this. you pretty much nailed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
12 team auction draft last night

QB - Ben Roethlisberger / Carson Palmer
RB - Jamaal Charles / Stevan Ridley / Ryan Mathews
WR - Dez Bryant / Larry Fitzgerald / Reggie Wayne / Emmanuel Sanders
TE - Jordan Cameron
K - Caleb Sturgis
D/ST - Baltimore
love this team. betting on cameron to be a TE1 is a little risky but i'm starting to buy into that. you're loaded at receiver and still did a great job at RB. awesome team if you ask me
Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i don't even have any suggestions or gripes with this. you pretty much nailed it
Thanks, I feel pretty good about it. Taking Brees in the 3rd had me worried sick about my WR situation, but being able to land Andre, Jordy, and Antonio Brown definitely eases my concerns a bit. I have high hopes for Mike Floyd this year, too. I could not believe how many WR went early.. I really had no choice but to take Brees at that point.

Word of advice for everyone.. if you haven't drafted yet this year, the WRs will probably go earlier than you think. Both leagues I've drafted, the teams at the top of round 1 aren't going to get a shot at any of Dez/Julio/Graham/Marshall/AJG when it comes back around.. Plan accordingly.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

TE or D/ST in 6th round?

Do I have a better advantage week in/week out by taking the Seattle D/ST and having a lesser TE, or by taking Gronk/Witten and having a lesser D/ST?

10 team PPR
Old 08-18-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
TE or D/ST in 6th round?

Do I have a better advantage week in/week out by taking the Seattle D/ST and having a lesser TE, or by taking Gronk/Witten and having a lesser D/ST?

10 team PPR
Better TE, I think. You can find good matchups for a D every week, basically whoever plays Oakland or something. You won't get mind-blowing numbers from a D, but they'll be solid.

Good TE numbers plus mediocre D is better than mediocre TE plus good D.

Particularly in PPR, where a guy like Witten will be a top 5 TE due to the amount of targets he gets.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also, and this is a maaaaaaaaaaajor noob question, but how exactly does an Auction Draft work? I know the basics, but what happens if you run out of money, or something. I've been practicing with mock drafts but I'm still learning things. Any tips or suggestions based on experience?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Anyone else thinking Lamar Miller might be a fantasy bust?
I think everyone is thinking that, on Yahoo Mocks anyway. He is grouped in with Gore and Bush and is the only one of the three that regularly falls below his spot, sometimes 10-20 spots.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Also, and this is a maaaaaaaaaaajor noob question, but how exactly does an Auction Draft work? I know the basics, but what happens if you run out of money, or something. I've been practicing with mock drafts but I'm still learning things. Any tips or suggestions based on experience?
It won't let you "run out of money" if you haven't filled your roster.

For example, if you need 15 roster spots, and you spent $40 on Ray Rice, you now have 14 spots and $160 left.

Carry on let's say you've now bought 10 players for $150. You now have 5 spots left to fill and $50 to spend. In this example, let's say Adrian Peterson is still available and you need another starting RB. You need him because you only have Rice and need another starting RB. You can spend up to $46 on him because you must allow yourself at least $1 for the remaining 4 players on your roster. The computer will know this and will not let you bid over $46.

I tend to nominate my late round steals early. It's just something I've always done in fantasy. I kind of give monetary values based on the rounds I'd select them in a normal draft.

Try not to run up the price on people unless you're fine paying it, I've been stuck paying for guys I didn't want just because I thought they were going to cheap and someone else would outbid me.