Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My keepers:

Torrey Smith-6th Rounder
Andy Dalton- 13th Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can mark your keepers on Yahoo JR. If you hover your mouse over the Team link, at the bottom of the submenu is an option to select your Keepers.

I just figured out today that I'll have to manually plug in the keeper picks once the draft order is set. Bleh.

Is everyone on board with the draft order being static (non-snaking) and based on record last season?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You can mark your keepers on Yahoo JR. If you hover your mouse over the Team link, at the bottom of the submenu is an option to select your Keepers.

I just figured out today that I'll have to manually plug in the keeper picks once the draft order is set. Bleh.

Is everyone on board with the draft order being static (non-snaking) and based on record last season?
static is a unique thing for me but given where i'll be picking i have no issue with it
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I double-checked and I can manually set the draft order, but still make it snaking. I thought making it non-snaking might help out the weaker teams like in the real NFL but it doesn't have to be that way. Maybe punishing last year's winner isn't the best idea.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jakey won last year and has AP, Morris, Dez, Cam, Cobb, Wayne. His team's going to be fine no matter which 3 he picks.

You'd be punishing the weaker teams with snake.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

redrumguitars@yahoo.com

Thanks killswitch!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Jakey, I sent you the transfer invite. Deadline to pick your keepers is coming up in like 9 hours.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-18-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Send reminders to those that haven't selected Keepers on the Yahoo Team Tab?

I haven't selected mine yet but will be.

Once the deadline passes can we all post our official keepers so we can prep for the draft?
Old 08-18-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Reminder sent. I have to update the draft with each keeper in the appropriate round (ugh), but sure we can all post keepers starting tomorrow.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demaryius Thomas - 7th Round
David Wilson - 10th Round

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Marshall (Round 3)
Doug Martin (Round 4)
Colin Kaepernick (UDFA/Round 15)
Old 08-19-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My keepers are set in wrong killswitch. It should be...

AD - Round 3
Dez Bryant - 4
Alfred Morris - UDFA

If you can change it, that would be muchos appreciated.

Thanks man. Sorry for all the hassle, but i'll be a dedicated player as usual, dont worry :D
Old 08-19-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If anyone else has a keeper boo boo I need to fix post it here. I will be updating the draft with these players today.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice set of keepers, Phly and Jakey. I feel like I have to keep my 1st and 2nd rd picks, Calvin and Julio, even though I'd rather not. I pick 8th every round so the value is about right for both of those guys (8th and 20th overall). Too bad for Crabs injury, he would have been a 12th rd keeper. Anyways, my final keepers will be:

Calvin Johnson (round 1)
Julio Jones (round 2)
C.J. Spiller (round 8)
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

My own keepers are

Ray Rice (R1)
Dwayne Bowe (R6)
Russell Wilson (R14)

I hate that Harvin's health is so bad, I would've loved to keep him for a 3rd.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I assigned keepers. Check the Draft Results section in Yahoo to make sure I got you your players in the right round. Remember undrafted players come out of the 15th.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

****. I didn't import the traded draft picks from last year. Stand by.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Ok fixed. RCA you lost a 14 for Hilton instead of a 15 since you traded that pick last year. I'm sure you'll still come out ahead on that pick though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

RCA, phylsac, and Docta please confirm that the draft pick trades I just applied actually SHOULD apply to this year. Sometimes I hate how vague Yahoo is.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine's good. But it still says we have draft picks in the rounds that we picked our keepers.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not doing a snake draft?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I see compelling arguments for both sides. With 3 keepers per team it is borderline abusive to the bad teams to do a snake draft. But on the flip side it doesn't seem right to penalize the teams that do well. If it was just two keepers it would definitely be a snake draft.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

There is also the 3RR method: wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_3RR_mean_in_Fantasy_Football

That seems to be a good compromise, assuming I can set that up in Yahoo.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
There is also the 3RR method: wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_3RR_mean_in_Fantasy_Football

That seems to be a good compromise, assuming I can set that up in Yahoo.
i don't understand how that makes anything better..the best team picks first in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?? seems like more of an advantage for the good teams than even serpentine would be
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i don't understand how that makes anything better..the best team picks first in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?? seems like more of an advantage for the good teams than even serpentine would be
I think the modification for our league would be the 2nd and 3rd rounds would be reversed, whereas rounds 1 and then 4-15 would be straight draft. Something like that. It will be difficult to make everyone happy.

i done stole dis sig