Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The NFL 100 Anniversary Team is coming in 2019. What changes expected?

The NFL's 100th Anniversary is coming up in a few years. Even though it's six years away, it should be a fun time when it gets here. I'm hoping it's like the 1994 season where various teams wear their throwbacks a good amount of the year with a special NFL patch. Anyways, they'll surely release an All time team roster like they did for the 75th anniversary. Here is the link to that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa..._All-Time_Team

I'm wondering who will make the list from our current era. I don't think anyone that is drafted now will be able to build enough of a reputation to be placed on that list. If anyone from the current era makes it, they'd have to have already been established for quite some time like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I think only four players made it on the 75th anniversary team that were still active in the league.

Just to throw something out there, I'll guess that Brady or Peyton take one of the quarterback spots. I'd be surprised if both make it. I don't believe any of the receivers get replaced. Ray Lewis probably gets a linebacker spot, but I don't know who he would replace. Ed Reed will take a safety spot. Deion Sanders I don't think makes the list. Runningback would be interesting. Does Adrian Peterson make it if he continues his pace? Does Emmit Smith have a chance?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-20-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd swap Van Buren and OJ at RB for Barry and Peterson.

Tony Gonzalez at TE.

Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson (by 2019) could possibly jump ahead of Alworth and Berry at WR.

Loads of OL candidates: Jon Ogden, Larry Allen, Bruce Matthews etc

Deion, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis on defense.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be really surprised if Alworth was replaced. I think a lot of the senior media that puts this together is going to be either slated towards players of yesteryear and/or will be really skeptical of the current era players due to the rule changes and watered down product in some cases.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These lists/teams become redundant at some point.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Sanders and/or Emmitt Smith should be on it next time around, probably replacing Sayers and either Simpson or Van Buren (not sure, don't know much about Van Buren).

AD is the only RB of the last 10 years to have a chance, but he will likely need to average 1200 yards for the next 6 years to have any chance, which isn't impossible.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
These lists/teams become redundant at some point.
Standing the test of time is important to some people. Especially to the people that make the list.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'd be really surprised if Alworth was replaced. I think a lot of the senior media that puts this together is going to be either slated towards players of yesteryear and/or will be really skeptical of the current era players due to the rule changes and watered down product in some cases.
Alworth was really good. Would be on the smaller side in this day and age at around 6ft and 190 but he could really fly.

Some of the players from the old days like Alworth, Billy Cannon and Roger Carr would all be stars today. All 3 ran around a 9.5 100 yd dash which pretty much translates to 4.4 speed.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Hester, gotta believe he would be there for either return spot really, but especially punt returner.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs
Joe Montana
Johnny Unitas
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning or Brett Favre

RBs
Sayers, Simpson, and Van Buren should be replaced by Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, and Adrian Peterson.

FBs
I'd leave Jim Brown and add Mike Alstott

WRs
Jerry Rice
Calvin Johnson
Don Hutson
Randy Moss

TEs
Tony Gonzalez
Shannon Sharpe

OL
Not going to touch that one....

DEs
Reggie White
Deacon Jones
Bruce Smith
J.J. Watt

DTs
Joe Greene
Warren Sapp
Merlin Olsen

LBs
Ray Lewis and Derrick Thomas should be added

CBs
Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey should be added over Haynes and Blount. I could see Darrelle Revis making a run at it as well.

Safety
Ed Reed is a must add.

KR/PR
Devin Hester is a no brainer over Gale Sayers here.

Kicker
Don't see any changes

Punter
I'd take Shane Lechler over Ray Guy, but I doubt the people who vote agree.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Alworth was really good. Would be on the smaller side in this day and age at around 6ft and 190 but he could really fly.

Some of the players from the old days like Alworth, Billy Cannon and Roger Carr would all be stars today. All 3 ran around a 9.5 100 yd dash which pretty much translates to 4.4 speed.
Yeah. Alsworth was getting 1300+ seasons in 14 game schedules against defenders who were allowed to abuse receivers up and down the field from start to finish.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's hard with differant eras and so many great players but three guys who would transcend any era: Kenny Houston s, Dick Butkus mlb, Bob Lilly dt.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simpson won't be back on the team, for reasons obviously outside of his football career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Last edited by The Alex : 08-20-2013 at 04:30 PM.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Simpson won't be back on the team, for reasons obviously outside of his football career.
Yeah, OJ is taboo. Just based on football, he should probably make any all-time list. But that's never happening again.

My gut reaction was to swap out Nitschke for Lewis, but I think they'll want a Lombardi Packer on the roster. Hendricks would probably be the easiest LB to drop.

Of course, they might just do a 100 Greatest Players list, like the NBA did for their 50th Anniversary.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote