Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really like the idea XIO. I'm all for it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D don't get me wrong XIO's team is amazing but it's not like he's won 3 yrs in a row.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is this something you see happening again when the league is in the same shape that is now?
All I can say is ... maybe. If it works, and I think it will, then we might.

Ultimately, I think this is the best possible way to reinvigorate the bottom third of the league. Lets face it, Prince, Yoda and Max have had the weakest teams in terms of available keepers for quite a while now. DJP's team has keepers that look as good as anyone in the league. A pooling of their players to distribute their best players evenly over the four non-contending teams is a great way of boosting their collective competitiveness while not affecting the rest of the league.

Doing this won't change which players are available to the rest of the league for the regular draft. It's just redistributing to make it so there's no team incapable of contending at the start of the season.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
All I can say is ... maybe. If it works, and I think it will, then we might.

Ultimately, I think this is the best possible way to reinvigorate the bottom third of the league. Lets face it, Prince, Yoda and Max have had the weakest teams in terms of available keepers for quite a while now. DJP's team has keepers that look as good as anyone in the league. A pooling of their players to distribute their best players evenly over the four non-contending teams is a great way of boosting their collective competitiveness while not affecting the rest of the league.

Doing this won't change which players are available to the rest of the league for the regular draft. It's just redistributing to make it so there's no team incapable of contending at the start of the season.
Worth a try. Do you have candidates in mind already to take over?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Worth a try. Do you have candidates in mind already to take over?
Haven't given it any thought. I'll take offseason suggestions.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I don't have eight great keepers but I have some young pitching I would prefer to hold onto as opposed to drafting my keepers from a collective pool.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I know I don't have eight great keepers but I have some young pitching I would prefer to hold onto as opposed to drafting my keepers from a collective pool.
I won't make you take part in this, but I find it puzzling given that you could redraft several of the guys you have while also adding 2-3 of DJP's excellent keepers (McCutchen, Longoria, Pedroia, Felix, Posey, Matt Moore, Aroldis).

You'd have the first pick in a pooled draft if you wanted to ensure you got Fernandez back.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I won't make you take part in this, but I find it puzzling given that you could redraft several of the guys you have while also adding 2-3 of DJP's excellent keepers (McCutchen, Longoria, Pedroia, Felix, Posey, Matt Moore, Aroldis).

You'd have the first pick in a pooled draft if you wanted to ensure you got Fernandez back.
Alright, that works.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

djp probably would've won by now if he actually cared about his team. He always talked about his money league. Guys here just don't gravitate to that idea. A pity.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
djp probably would've won by now if he actually cared about his team. He always talked about his money league. Guys here just don't gravitate to that idea. A pity.
He's always had good elite players, but I don't think he was the best at drafting for impact depth players.

I landed Matt Carpenter in Round 24 and Hisashi Iwakuma in Round 28. They rank 32nd and 25th, respectively, in the player rater this year. Hugely important to my success.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Surely someone out there wants to trade.

I'd love to see two people not named Xio or D pull off a swap for once ...
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Surely someone out there wants to trade.

I'd love to see two people not named Xio or D pull off a swap for once ...
Well PF, djp, yoda and max are off the market because all their players are going into the pool.

Jughead doesn't answer.
Brodie doesn't deal.

That leaves GF, BF, KCJ, and yo.

Can't say that I see them working deals among each other. Would be interesting.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-26-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've actually found GF really easy to work with in the past. My keeper list is pretty solid, however.

1) Braun
2) Cano
3) Adam Jones
4) Beltre
5) Cole Hamels
6) Mat Latos
7) Craig Kimbrel
8) Jose Reyes

Unless I can upgrade on that, especially with pitching, there's not a huge incentive for me to trade unless someone is interested in a guy I'm probably not keeping like Kyle Seagar, Wilin Rosario or Alex Rios. Those are definitely keeper worthy guys on a weaker team, but the weakest teams are being scrapped, which kinda limits the potential trading.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wish we had made it 9 keepers instead of 8 ... anyone agree? haha

I should have devised the new pooled rosters system for the bottom four teams sooner. That will correct most of our problem of competitiveness independent of the drop in keepers.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Wish we had made it 9 keepers instead of 8 ... anyone agree? haha

I should have devised the new pooled rosters system for the bottom four teams sooner. That will correct most of our problem of competitiveness independent of the drop in keepers.
With the new change, I'm wondering if it shouldn't go back to 12. Hated making the move in the first place.

10 sounds fair though.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Twelve is still too many. 9 or 10 makes sense.

I'll open it back up to a vote. I don't mean to flip-flop here, but circumstances changed. Let's see what people prefer. I have no doubt that Prince and Yoda will be able to create good teams by spreading the wealth of DJP's keepers. The reason we got into this wide discrepancy in competitiveness is because some teams eventually became devoid of star players due to either poor planning or injury attrition.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-26-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Max's team finished 3rd the first season after the full re-draft in 2010. But it's easy to see why his team fell off a cliff. The star-caliber players he began with are as follows: A-Rod, Chris Carpenter, Teixeira, Josh Johnson, Brian Roberts. Those were his first five picks to begin a dynasty.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're doing 8 keepers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Nine keepers it is. That's barely different than what we were doing before with eight plus a prospect slot.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wish Jug, Yo and KCJ would weigh in once in a while in this thread.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Nine keepers it is. That's barely different than what we were doing before with eight plus a prospect slot.
Clarify. It's now 9 + a prospect slot right?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
We're doing 8 keepers.
Xio's quickly shut your ass up!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Clarify. It's now 9 + a prospect slot right?
I was going to say just nine keepers total to avoid the messiness of determining "prospect" status.

Let's see who else chimes in ...
Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather stick with 8...
Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

How about teams have the option to keep a 9th player and if they choose to, they forfeit their first round pick?

I've always wanted to try a league with corresponding loss of draft picks based on round chosen, haha.
Closed Thread