Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
The thing is in being a pocket passer, Luck has nearly identical athleticism to Cam Newton.
Luck would have been a great runner in college if he played that type of game. He is up there in mobility, especially at his size. The guy physically can take some punishment.

The ideal for me is to have a QB develop into a pocket passer. Running plays and mobility are valuable tools for a young QB to find some success early as they become better pocket players. I don't think Griffin or Newton will find long term success by being outside runners, but its a great tool for them in the short term. Ideally they would be pocket passers with just a tiny bit of running plays to make the defense have to account for it. Even if Peyton and Brady could run 4.2, I doubt they would rarely take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-qb-blake-bell

Didn't think this was thread worthy, but Blake Bell was not named the starter for Oklahoma. It is Trevor White's job right now.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Didn't think this was thread worthy, but Blake Bell was not named the starter for Oklahoma. It is Trevor White's job right now.
Was just wondering where that should be posted lol.

I am pretty surprised Blake Bell lost the job, but IIRC someone earlier ITT was pretty adamant Bell would not be the starter come Fall.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ever since Jones left it seemed like Bell's chances of getting the starting QB gig were less and less. And the longer the competition dragged out the more likely it seemed that the job was not Bells. Anyways, I haven't seen him play but this guy Knight sounds like more a complete QB to me than Bell. Kind of sad that barring any unforeseen circumstance that Blake Bell's entire Oklahoma career will be him being called into the game on 3rd/4th and short.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

I think it's Trevor Knight actually. Supposedly he's sort of a watered down version of Johnny Football so might be interesting to see how that plays out. Bell should find a home as a TE or something.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does Brett Hundley stack up against the likes of Teddy Bridgewater for the top QB spot right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy like Brett Hundley is more of a potential player who needs work to develop as a passer. No way should he declare. Same with Braxton Miller.

I seriously, think behind Teddy, AJ McArron is #2. Guy is football smart, intangibles, and is very good in all aspects of the game.

Anticipates well, is accurate, has adequete NFL arm strength, as he can throw the deep out and corner route with very good zip. Spins it well. Good in playaction, and can read and carve up a defense in the intermediate range.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
A guy like Brett Hundley is more of a potential player who needs work to develop as a passer. No way should he declare. Same with Braxton Miller.

I seriously, think behind Teddy, AJ McArron is #2. Guy is football smart, intangibles, and is very good in all aspects of the game.

Anticipates well, is accurate, has adequete NFL arm strength, as he can throw the deep out and corner route with very good zip. Spins it well. Good in playaction, and can read and carve up a defense in the intermediate range.
The only reason why he is underrated is because his RBs do all of the work.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought it was interesting to see Mel Kiper has Stephen Morris as the third ranked QB on his first Big Board of the season, ahead of Manziel and Tajh Boyd. McShay also has him as his third ranked QB on his list.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 08-29-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Thought it was interesting to see Mel Kiper has Stephen Morris as the third ranked QB on his first Big Board of the season, ahead of Manziel and Tajh Boyd. McShay also has him as his third ranked QB on his list.
McShay had Jevan Snead as his first QB - those guys dont know ****
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
McShay had Jevan Snead as his first QB - those guys dont know ****
Especially this time of the year. expect a lot of changes.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't particularly impressed with either Murray or Boyd last night. Especially considering the running game each was working with.

Boyd's more interesting, and he might grow on me, but nothing about last night made him stand out as a possible first-round QB.

And I didn't watch McCarron but his numbers popped out at me in a bad way. I'm not big on him at all in terms of the NFL.

Hundley had a nice game numbers wise but I only watched UGA-Clemson.

What'd we see from week 1?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Chuckie Keeton of Utah State. Maybe not a #1 guy, but he's solid. Knows how to create plays when there appears to me nothing there
And Other Carr from FSU (first name escapes me)
I want to see what Winston has to offer, or how Bridgewater could one-up Boyd.
Boyd is still amazing.
McCarron looks to be slightly better than McElroy. More athletic, but not that much more talented. (and he's got Gabbert senses, big red flag to me)
I'm out on Stephen Morris for the time being. Great WR crop, but hate that he just stares down WRs and can't get a consistently accurate ball out.

...that's all I got for now.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph

Last edited by DcmRulz : 09-01-2013 at 11:20 AM.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

I was not impressed with Murray at all, he under threw a lot of balls and did not have a good game in general.

I'm a McCarron supporter so I might be a bit bias but I thought a lot of what happened yesterday was due to a stellar Va Tech defense, an inexperienced offensive line, and a lack of a running game. He had one play in the first quarter where nobody was open, he ran out of the pocket, found Amari cooper, and put the ball exactly where it needed to be for Cooper to make a catch and get a foot inbounds.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Carr torched the Rutgers defense, Blake Bortles needs to start getting some more consideration as well - he plays in the same conference as Bridgewater. Boyd, Bortles and Carr are really the only three draft eligible uperclassmen that have impressed this weekend so far. Mannion also played very well in the upset loss to EWU. Manziel played well - just wish he would cool it with the antics.

Morris, Renner, Garnder, Pachall, Murray and Mettenebrger were all pretty underwhelming - especialliy Gardner and Morris considering all the hype they were receiving.

The Grappalo kid that Gil Brandt mentioned had a huge came for Eastern Illinois. The Matthews kid from Cornell hasn't played yet - doesn't look like their season starts for another few weeks.

It was interesting to see the three freshmen QBs for Texas Tech, PSU and Cal all come in and play very well. Even though it is only been one week I think those programs all should be very excited for their future under center for the next 3-4 years.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

I'm really liking Braxton Miller as the front runner this year for being the first QB selected after 1 game. I know it's odd to say this, but yesterday he showed a lot of patience in the pocket versus taking off with the football like he would have done last year. Also if Ohio State walks their schedule it can only help his cause for being the top QB selected.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-01-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derek Carr torched the Rutgers defense, Blake Bortles needs to start getting some more consideration as well - he plays in the same conference as Bridgewater. Boyd, Bortles and Carr are really the only three draft eligible uperclassmen that have impressed this weekend so far. Mannion also played very well in the upset loss to EWU. Manziel played well - just wish he would cool it with the antics.

Morris, Renner, Garnder, Pachall, Murray and Mettenebrger were all pretty underwhelming - especialliy Gardner and Morris considering all the hype they were receiving.

The Grappalo kid that Gil Brandt mentioned had a huge came for Eastern Illinois. The Matthews kid from Cornell hasn't played yet - doesn't look like their season starts for another few weeks.

It was interesting to see the three freshmen QBs for Texas Tech, PSU and Cal all come in and play very well. Even though it is only been one week I think those pograms all should be very excited for their future under center for the next 3-4 years.
Bortles is a Redshirt Junior.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stock UP: Bridgewater(man among boys), Boyd(already looks like a pro), Derek Carr( put up machine like stats this weekend).

Manziel is still good. If you want him, an NFL OC can build an offense around his unique skillset.

I know others don't agree, but I like my starting QB to be a little cocky, to KNOW he's better than the competition. But there's a fine line between being confident/slightly arrogant and a douche bag.

Johnny needs to let his play do his talking for him and chill with the attitude.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Bortles is a Redshirt Junior.
Yes so he is draft eligible.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Here are the names who scouts have as the highest rated entering the year (there are 3 non FBS QBs being considered as draftable prospects as well)

A.J. McCarron Alabama
Tajh Boyd Clemson
Derek Carr Fresno State
Aaron Murray Georgia
Zach Mettenberger LSU
Stephen Morris Miami
Tyler Russell Mississippi State
Kain Colter Northwestern
Tom Savage Pittsburgh
David Fales San Jose State
Connor Shaw South Carolina
Casey Pachall TCU
Logan Thomas Virginia Tech
Keith Price Washington[/quote]

I am not getting those at all.

Last edited by 49ers1984 : 09-02-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: re wrote
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes so he is draft eligible.
But he's not an "upperclassman".
Old 09-02-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

I like Carr, but let's be real, he threw a bunch of short passes.

Bridgewater played Ohio. Uh....yea he did what he was suppose to do, annihilate them. Wouldn't say his stock is up. He was already up there.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would not draft Aaron Murray at all. He has constantly shown that he does not show up in big games.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Marcus Mariota will be a for sure Top 10 selection just off the strength of his read option ability.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-09-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1984 View Post
I would not draft Aaron Murray at all. He has constantly shown that he does not show up in big games.
He showed up big time on Saturday. I like Murray, good athlete, solid arm, accurate and a 4 year starter.