Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Felix Jones traded to Pitt..........

I have him in a dynasty league. My current stock of RBs includes McCoy, Murray, Ivory, Dwyer, Felix, Ingram. Trade bait updated! lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just realized after my core of Rice/MJD/Forte I have zero depth at RB unless Foster goes down because I have Tate. My WR's are Hilton/Randle/Tompkins/Gordon. My starting WR's are Bowe and Nicks. Do I have anything I can package for a serviceable backup RB? Is Powell worth a stash? Felix Jones? If so who do I drop?

Edit: Felix is already taken.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-23-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where do you guys think le'veon bell becomes good value? he's now fallen to round 7 of my league and if he makes it to me in the 8th or 9th i'd feel pretty pressed to take him. you're still going to get 10 games at worst out of him and for those games he'll be the bell-cow back.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he is going to be 100% the entire year. Pittsburgh is also very questionable as a team this year, so I'm not really high on them as a group. I am pretty much not taking him before the 12th in a 12 team league. In a 10 teamer, I'm not taking him. If he's my RB5, I guess I'd be okay with that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So I just realized after my core of Rice/MJD/Forte I have zero depth at RB unless Foster goes down because I have Tate. My WR's are Hilton/Randle/Tompkins/Gordon. My starting WR's are Bowe and Nicks. Do I have anything I can package for a serviceable backup RB? Is Powell worth a stash? Felix Jones? If so who do I drop?

Edit: Felix is already taken.
Tate is going to get carries regardless. A few years back, he had almost 1000 yards. Foster is going to get eased in, but Tate should get at least 25% of the overall snaps. With Houston's line, Tate is an excellent option.

If one of your WR's pops early, you could look to trade depth for depth. However, right now, you're in solid shape.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-23-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Sounds like a competitive draft rather than BS mock drafts and all the stories where guys are getting Lacy in the 7th and Gio in the 8th.

In a competitive draft you just have to get your guys. Forget the rankings. If you want Michael Floyd or Chris Givens or Jared Cook - get them as soon as you can.
it is super competitive. I was totally unprepared for the way this played out which lead me to some picks that weren't very well thought out (see: Brady, Ball). here's my current situation, though. any further advice from anyone would be appreciated

I was eyeing Givens for my 7.10 pick but he got taken at 6.11 - surprising considering Mike Wallace, Steve Johnson, and Desean Jackson are all still on the board. right now I'm hoping Wallace or Desean fall to me at 7.10, where I probably have Desean ranked ahead of Wallace based on reports out of camp. at 8.03 I feel comfortable taking a flier on Kenbrell Thompkins as he'll be my first bench player and the RB+TE value is not very good right now

here's my team if it helps -- 12 team PPR
1.10: Marshawn Lynch
2.03: A.J. Green
3.10: Vincent Jackson
4.03: Gio Bernard
5.10: Tom Brady
6.03: Montee Ball
Old 08-23-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Tate is going to get carries regardless. A few years back, he had almost 1000 yards. Foster is going to get eased in, but Tate should get at least 25% of the overall snaps. With Houston's line, Tate is an excellent option.

If one of your WR's pops early, you could look to trade depth for depth. However, right now, you're in solid shape.
I'm going to drop pierce (rice never gets hurt) for Powell (ivory is always hurt).
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
where do you guys think le'veon bell becomes good value? he's now fallen to round 7 of my league and if he makes it to me in the 8th or 9th i'd feel pretty pressed to take him. you're still going to get 10 games at worst out of him and for those games he'll be the bell-cow back.
I'd probably grab him after round 10, that's usually after I've filled my roster (besides K and D) and starting going potential value etc.

The injury is something the time table could very well be doubled for, those 6 weeks could go 12 weeks which would put him back in time for late november and possibly a playoff run if he can get up to speed.

I'd take him after the 10th, not expecting him to play until Thanksgiving. If he's back in October, that's great news for me. If not, I'm not out because I wasn't relying on him.

But if it's september and somebody is out there on FA wire that is producing now, I'd drop Bell and grab him. Whoever it is if you think he'll keep it up.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

alright, I'm OTC in my draft and thinking about going with Jordan Cameron right now followed by a RB or WR at 8.03. Thompkins probably isn't in play anymore and I think I have to grab Cameron while he's still available. there's no way he makes it back to me in the 9th

in the 8th round I'm thinking of either going Danny Woodhead to shore up my RB situation with a guy who I think is a little safer or going with a high-upside WR. the thing is that I think I could get that same type of receiver in the 9th

edit: I ended up taking Michael Floyd.. he's a guy I'm fairly high on this season and I felt that I could still get Cameron or Cook at 8.03 or even go a different route later in the draft. TE value is better later on anyway and I still have holes to fill

Last edited by sbh15 : 08-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
alright, I'm OTC in my draft and thinking about going with Jordan Cameron right now followed by a RB or WR at 8.03. Thompkins probably isn't in play anymore and I think I have to grab Cameron while he's still available. there's no way he makes it back to me in the 9th

in the 8th round I'm thinking of either going Danny Woodhead to shore up my RB situation with a guy who I think is a little safer or going with a high-upside WR. the thing is that I think I could get that same type of receiver in the 9th

edit: I ended up taking Michael Floyd.. he's a guy I'm fairly high on this season and I felt that I could still get Cameron or Cook at 8.03 or even go a different route later in the draft. TE value is better later on anyway and I still have holes to fill
Good choice. Below is what I typed up before I realized your edit was in the quote. lol

What TEs are still available? 8 seems very high for a preseason hype star. I've been impressed with the way Cleveland's O has played but they played weak DSTs and it is, after all, only preseason. Basically, I've seen enough to put the Browns skill players back in the mix for late round sleepers. The only guy from that team landing on my roster in a single digit round is Richardson.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Good choice. Below is what I typed up before I realized your edit was in the quote. lol

What TEs are still available? 8 seems very high for a preseason hype star. I've been impressed with the way Cleveland's O has played but they played weak DSTs and it is, after all, only preseason. Basically, I've seen enough to put the Browns skill players back in the mix for late round sleepers. The only guy from that team landing on my roster in a single digit round is Richardson.
yeah, that was sort of my rationale for moving away from Cameron. I'm also still thinking about Kenbrell Thompkins in round 8. the WR still on the board are guys like Steve Johnson, Mike Williams, Lance Moore, and Anquan Boldin. are any of them worth taking over Thompkins? the only thing holding me back is that Floyd was already a high-upside pick and I can't really risk two guys that might bust. grabbing one of the higher ranked guys would sort of shore up my WR position.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

All of thee guys are preseason hype guys. I would stay away from Johnson myself, but Mike Williams is probably the play for me. He is guaranteed to start and has Vincent Jackson distracting opposing DB's. He and Freeman have a solid connection.

Moore is a boom/bust guy, and Boldin is not going to get many receptions over 15 yards. In PPR, Boldin is a bit more solid. End of the day, Thompkins is one of those "so underrated, he is becoming overrated". I'd be more comfortable with Cameron over Thompkins at this stage, but I like both in 10-12 of a 12 team draft

Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah, that was sort of my rationale for moving away from Cameron. I'm also still thinking about Kenbrell Thompkins in round 8. the WR still on the board are guys like Steve Johnson, Mike Williams, Lance Moore, and Anquan Boldin. are any of them worth taking over Thompkins? the only thing holding me back is that Floyd was already a high-upside pick and I can't really risk two guys that might bust. grabbing one of the higher ranked guys would sort of shore up my WR position.
I would take every one of them over Thompkins, I think. Boldin and Williams for sure. Moore is tough b/c he has never shown any consistency and Stevie is tough b/c he's a nitwit. But Thompkins value is so massively speculative at this point that I'm having a hard time putting him over those guys. The upside is there but we just have no idea what the depth chart will look like; how long Gronk will be out; how much running the Pats will do; etc.

At the same time, I wouldn't fault anybody for deciding to take that gamble, either.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you already have 4 RB's and 4 WR's, you can perhaps gamble on Thompkins. He might have WR2 upside, but he has waiver wire downside. That's why I'm thinking rounds 10-12

Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
All of thee guys are preseason hype guys. I would stay away from Johnson myself, but Mike Williams is probably the play for me. He is guaranteed to start and has Vincent Jackson distracting opposing DB's. He and Freeman have a solid connection.

Moore is a boom/bust guy, and Boldin is not going to get many receptions over 15 yards. In PPR, Boldin is a bit more solid. End of the day, Thompkins is one of those "so underrated, he is becoming overrated". I'd be more comfortable with Cameron over Thompkins at this stage, but I like both in 10-12 of a 12 team draft
I grabbed Moore because of the Saints thin WR depth. I'm gonna eye Kenny Stills in the very late rounds as sort of a handcuff/backup because Stills could quickly become a favorite target.

Quote:
I would take every one of them over Thompkins, I think. Boldin and Williams for sure. Moore is tough b/c he has never shown any consistency and Stevie is tough b/c he's a nitwit. But Thompkins value is so massively speculative at this point that I'm having a hard time putting him over those guys. The upside is there but we just have no idea what the depth chart will look like; how long Gronk will be out; how much running the Pats will do; etc.

At the same time, I wouldn't fault anybody for deciding to take that gamble, either.
It's a moot point because Thompkins was taken in the 8th so I'm targeting Danny Woodhead and Jordan Cameron with my next two picks.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I would take both Woodhead and Cameron ahead of Thompkins.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I would take both Woodhead and Cameron ahead of Thompkins.
Rudolph and Finley went round 8 in a stupid-long MFL10s draft I just finished and Cameron went 10.01. I'm not taking Cameron over Finley - as much as I can't stand Finley, he should beast in a contract year.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Rudolph and Finley went round 8 in a stupid-long MFL10s draft I just finished and Cameron went 10.01. I'm not taking Cameron over Finley - as much as I can't stand Finley, he should beast in a contract year.
Finley was taken at 9.03 in mine so he's not even an option. Sudfeld was taken 8.11 ahead of Finley, Cook, Cameron, Housler, etc. I was shocked. the same guy took Thompkins and must be a Pats fan
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Finley was taken at 9.03 in mine so he's not even an option. Sudfeld was taken 8.11 ahead of Finley, Cook, Cameron, Housler, etc. I was shocked. the same guy took Thompkins and must be a Pats fan
Stocking up on the last minutes camp risers . . . no thanks. If they were double digit rounds that's fine, but not 7-9, imo. Certainly not several of them in that range.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

would you take Jared Cook before Jordan Cameron?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
would you take Jared Cook before Jordan Cameron?
Assuming they are both available where I want them, no. The Cook hype train has derailed too many times for me to bother as more than a last round flier. I can only lol @ Jeff Fischer being surprised by Cook's usage in Tennessee despite the fact that his first two years there were under Fischer. Pass.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I believe drafts are won in rounds 8-12. Making good picks there (with a little luck) can mean all the difference between winning and losing your league.

Case and point: last year in my 12 team, 2 QB league my round 8-12 picks were:

Donald Brown
Sam Bradford (not a bad pick as a backup)
Ryan Williams
David Wilson
NY Giants D (we start 2 defenses)

At that point, I had pushed the envelope with QB/WR/Jimmy Graham so much early that I was entirely reliant on Brown/Wilson/Williams to be my RB2/Flex. Bottom line: I was in trouble. Got lucky enough to snag Alfred Morris off waivers, but my team imploded, and I missed the playoffs.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Because of depth at QB and WR, plus the lack of clear top options after Graham, I have shifted my strategy to be very RB heavy early. TE is not a huge priority for me in general because I don't see much difference between TE5 and TE12. I'd rather give myself something to work with, like Cecil Shorts or Broyles or Woodhead than try to play bingo with TE

Old 08-23-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand why more people aren't high on Ben Tate. I got him in the 10th round and im loving it. He's my 4th RB and I expect 1,000 yards out of him with 5-7 scores.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Tate and Bernard Pierce are excellent value picks past the 7th round. Tate especially in a keeper league because he's a FA after the season and will end up going to Pittsburgh or San Diego to start.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote