Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
It happens. I was pretty stoked when Glenn Coffey ran for a 100+ in the first half of a preseason game.
Glenn Coffee has about 5% of the talent Michael has and definitely didn't gain his yards in as impressive of fashion as Michael.

That's a useless comparison.

This reminds me of the Wilson hype in preseason last year - which turned out to be pretty on point.

Or how people get shot down about anythign that isn't groupthink. Like Luck being good enough to lead the Colts to the playoffs.

"Calm down."

No. Making predictions grounded in actual football scouting is what I do. If you have an argument against it based on logic then by all means let's go.

"It's one preseason game" does nothing. I don't even know if you watched it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't comparing them lol. Calm down big guy.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
^I always love the

"you're overreacting lol at you stop making inferences based on what you see"

that completely undermines actual analysis and football scouting.

Were you there when Arian Foster broke out? Were you here when we all went nuts about Russell Wilson's preseason? I could go on.

Did you just watch the guy play or are you just here to temper expectations for... I don't even know what goes through people's minds when they say things like that.

"Well I haven't heard about hiim yet so he doesn't matter."

Respect the scouting man. Football discussions are worthless without actual scouting. The kid looked ******* unreal. He was said by many, many, people to be the most talented back in the draft. He's been stellar in camp. Why would you not be sold on him? Why would a strong performance in a preseason game not be enough to be excited about his prospects?
Well, actually last year when the Broncos and Seahawks played in preseason, I made a comment that the Seahawks could challenge the 49ers for the division. Did I think Wilson would be as good as he was? Heck no, I doubt anyone really did.

That said, I'm not going to be claiming a guy is going to be a stud based on preseason performances.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you did. You implied that Coffee's preseason performance has anything to do with Michael's and it doesn't.

Time will tell. I'm pretty confident in my eye on this one. It was hard to miss. I'm sure Packer fans who saw him can attest to it. So I question why someone who didn't watch the game is saying "one preseason game." Like what is his motivation? Just to shoot down something that he doesn't agree with, with absolutely no reasoning other than because he wants to shoot it down? It's stupid and pointless.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Coffee is a gigantic piece of sh!t. If you want to believe I'm comparing them, then be my guest.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Well, actually last year when the Broncos and Seahawks played in preseason, I made a comment that the Seahawks could challenge the 49ers for the division. Did I think Wilson would be as good as he was? Heck no, I doubt anyone really did.

That said, I'm not going to be claiming a guy is going to be a stud based on preseason performances.
Why? You were wrong last year.

You didn't even watch him play so what is your point? You realize that all stars play first in preseason right?

It's a stupid ass argument. Watch the highlights or the replay of the game. Then come back and add something to the discussion. I saw his reps tonight. I scouted him. He looked crazy. I don't care if it's preseason or 7 on 7s. I watch games and make inferences based on what I see. I don't comment on things I don't see becuase "it's preseason". Worhtless.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Glenn Coffee has about 5% of the talent Michael has and definitely didn't gain his yards in as impressive of fashion as Michael.

That's a useless comparison.

This reminds me of the Wilson hype in preseason last year - which turned out to be pretty on point.

Or how people get shot down about anythign that isn't groupthink. Like Luck being good enough to lead the Colts to the playoffs.

"Calm down."

No. Making predictions grounded in actual football scouting is what I do. If you have an argument against it based on logic then by all means let's go.

"It's one preseason game" does nothing. I don't even know if you watched it.
Well, the Colts got insanely lucky to make the playoffs last year. 26th rated defense, 21st in points, 22nd in rushing offense, 18th in points, a -12 in turnover differential. Its beyond comprehension they finished 11-5 last year and made the playoffs, only to get blown out by the Ravens. Most teams with that kind of stats finish more so at best 8-8, but the ball bounced their way a couple times and they wound up 11-5.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Well you did. You implied that Coffee's preseason performance has anything to do with Michael's and it doesn't.

Time will tell. I'm pretty confident in my eye on this one. It was hard to miss. I'm sure Packer fans who saw him can attest to it. So I question why someone who didn't watch the game is saying "one preseason game." Like what is his motivation? Just to shoot down something that he doesn't agree with, with absolutely no reasoning other than because he wants to shoot it down? It's stupid and pointless.
Quote:
Why? You were wrong last year.

You didn't even watch him play so what is your point? You realize that all stars play first in preseason right?

It's a stupid ass argument. Watch the highlights or the replay of the game. Then come back and add something to the discussion. I saw his reps tonight. I scouted him. He looked crazy. I don't care if it's preseason or 7 on 7s. I watch games and make inferences based on what I see. I don't comment on things I don't see becuase "it's preseason". Worhtless.
My god, you like getting yourself worked up don't you.
Is it wrong of me for having an opinion that I feel you can't base the future career of a player based on a couple preseason games?

And I was wrong? Like everybody knew Wilson was going to sport a 100 QB rating with minimal turnovers in his rookie year. Heck, nobody would think Griffin or Luck would do that either. Give me a break on I was wrong last year on Wilson. I thought he'd be a solid QB and underrated by people, but by no means turn it into what he did last year, and again, I'm pretty sure most of the NFL population probably had the same idea.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Don't be wrong EVER again JTH.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders... So bad....

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So tell me again why the Raiders didn't want VY
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn had one more completion than interception.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pryor looks competent right now. Sucks seeing Streater get hurt though.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changing subjects here for a minute, has anyone seen any NFL OL run-block any worse than the Green Bay OL does, did, tonight?

Everyone knows Rodgers gets sacked as much as anyone almost, which is why they flip-flopped the OL... before Bulaga's season ended 3 weeks ago.

But they also have, by far, the longest streak in the NFL of longest stretch of not having a RB even hit 100 yards in a game.

Adrian Peterson would struggle to average more than 2.5 per carry behind this OL.

Eddie Lacy wishes he was back in Tusacloosa right now.

This All-White Wall is the softest OL I have ever seen in professional football.
Lacy, and DuJuan Harris usually have at least 3 defensive guys in the backfield.

No wonder why they come up injured all the time there, the Packer RBs. They have to perform miracles to get back to the line of scrimmage.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Pryor looks competent right now. Sucks seeing Streater get hurt though.
What was the Streater injury?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What was the Streater injury?
Took a shoulder to the helmet after coming down with a catch. Stayed down for a while and looked shook up. Don't know if he came back in or any news besides that.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Coffee is a gigantic piece of sh!t. If you want to believe I'm comparing them, then be my guest.
Glenn Coffee was so horrible. Kind of glad he decided to retire early.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#JustPryorBaby

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always felt Tyler Wilson was vastly overrated but how bad is he that Matt McGloin is playing over him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
My god, you like getting yourself worked up don't you.
Is it wrong of me for having an opinion that I feel you can't base the future career of a player based on a couple preseason games?

And I was wrong? Like everybody knew Wilson was going to sport a 100 QB rating with minimal turnovers in his rookie year. Heck, nobody would think Griffin or Luck would do that either. Give me a break on I was wrong last year on Wilson. I thought he'd be a solid QB and underrated by people, but by no means turn it into what he did last year, and again, I'm pretty sure most of the NFL population probably had the same idea.
1) No. It's wrong for you to think someone can't base the future career projections on actual scouting - preseason included.

My point is that many people drew this inference about Wilson based on his college play and extremely impressive preseason, among other factors.

I am doing the same with Michael.

In fact, many Seahawks success stories have shined in preseason. I vividly remember loving Browner's play a few years ago. Had I written that then - would you have said "hold up he can't be a starter it's only preseason." I jusat don't understand why you'd have an opinion about something you didn't actually witness. It's stupid.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Young > Rodgers
This is the truth VYisaGOD

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have had some ****** teams the past few years....but this Oakland team - they might win 2 games?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
We have had some ****** teams the past few years....but this Oakland team - they might win 2 games?
If they're lucky.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
If they're lucky.
This is what I've been trying to say for a long time now. Especially with Veldheer out at LT, it makes the Oline that much worse.

I just don't see them putting wins together except by mistake. And that's maybe one or two this year.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y'all just ain't ready for the Seattle offense. #UndeniableMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
#JustPryorBaby
The last Al Davis pick. The chosen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote