Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-24-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Friend is a big UT fan this trade has been proposed...

Offer: Luck and Tavon Austin
Give: Vick and Patterson

Hesitant to give up Vick but Luck could have a big year as well. Opinions?
I would definetly do that. I know you're not a Bradford believer, but Sam over Ponder every time. And Luck is going to actually play 16 games this year, unlike Vick.

Does Pryor have any fantasy value in a non-keeper league? I'm crazy and thinking about collecting three Quarterbacks.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forte is averaging 9.9 ypc and will always get taken out inside the 20 FML
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Forte is averaging 9.9 ypc and will always get taken out inside the 20 FML
Just give the rock to the big man!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Just give the rock to the big man!
You shut your ***** mouth!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Hmm. Anybody else? I hate TE this year.
Gronk never makes it past me in rds 4 or 5. If I don't get Jimmy, I always try and get Gronk. I believe he'll come back big though. Some don't... Just depends on where you stand.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Gronk worth a mid-round draft pick?

He's coming off BACK surgery (and I think forearm surgery also) and is such a large man which is probably why he's always injured. Any reason to think he comes in Week 4 and plays at a high level all year?

Is he participating at practice at all? At least working out on the side?
A few days ago I read that he's "very unlikely" to be ready for the start of the season. No ****, right? I know that some people are picking him just so that they can try to trade him for a WR1 when he's ready to play.

Supposedly, Heath Miller is ahead of schedule and could be back sometime in September. My draft is tomorrow and I'm almost positive he'll go undrafted, so I'm just going to google his name every day and pick him up when he's just about ready to play.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just had my draft for my big money league. It's a keeper league that is pretty serious but I have won 3 out o the last 4 years.

Qb - Romo, Dalton
Rb - Forte, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Ben Tate, Bilal Powell
Wr - Dem Thomas, Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt
Te - Jimmy G, Sudfield
Pk - Legatron
Def - Bucs (jets week 1)

A few crazy scenarios led me to waiting so long on a qb. I typically waited but due to a few unexpected players being avail at spots I might a taken a qb, I waited. I m actually ok rolling with Romo for now. It's .5 ppr and 4 pt throwing Tds.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anybody needs a late WR to watch, keep an eye on Nate Washington. He's a FA in basically every league but he's always been Jake Lockers favorite guy and a guy he seeks in the red zone.

He's not gonna be a huge numbers guy, but he may be worth it if you find yourself in a deep league that you need help at WR, especially if Wright misses any time in the regular season with the knee injury.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a Ronnie Hillman dropps the ball, you should drop him in your fantasy leagues
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Just a Ronnie Hillman dropps the ball, you should drop him in your fantasy leagues
Its not like Montee has looked any better.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super tough 12 man fantasy league-

QB-Cam Newton, Jay Cutler
RB-Jamaal Charles, Frank Gore, Ryan Matthews, Chris Ivory
WR-Anquan Boldin,Chris Givens, Vincent Brown, Ryan Broyles, Kendall Wright
TE-Jimmy Graham, Dwayne Allen
DEF-Rams
K-Greg the leg

This draft was tough, every pick was a RB in the first round save the last one...so I tried to stockpile on the crumbs...I thought Jimmy Graham would be worth his weight in gold this year, and the best WR left when I picked Graham was Cruz. Then,after I picked Jimmy, there was a huge run on the remaining WRs and I could only make do with high potential 2nd year players. Am I boned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Having Bowe and Nicks as my starting WR's is starting to scare me. Here's my roster.

Starters
Romo
Rice
MJD
Forte
Bowe
Nicks

Bench
Hilton
R. Randle
J. Bell
Tate
K. Tompkins

I want to trade for Dez seeing as how I have Romo. The guy who has Dez, this is his lineup.

Starters
Marshall
Bryant
J. Jones
L. Miller
Mendenhall

Bench
L. Bell
K. Wright
A. Brown
Hartline
Redman
P. Thomas

I'm thinking Forte (who continues to get vultured) for Dez. Even our league commissioner said that's a fair trade. Should I propose this?

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-25-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno. Moving Forte only leaves you with Tate as a backup which is ballsy with mjds lisfranc. With that said I am big on Forte this year. Think he could catch close to 70 balls in that offense. Hell get vultered some but not as much as before.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft time!

Any last advice? Who's the guy I should not leave the draft without? Everyone give me one. GO!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Draft time!

Any last advice? Who's the guy I should not leave the draft without? Everyone give me one. GO!
Ppr? If so bush and vereen.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vereen? Hmmm. I've been kinda down on him lately.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Vereen? Hmmm. I've been kinda down on him lately.
I wouldnt really consider him at his adp in a non ppr but if in a ppr league i could see him putting up pretty good numbers.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Dig, I asked for someone you think is poised for a big year and thus advise me to draft today, and one of the guys you've given me you don't even want to take at his ADP?

wtf
Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski. If the top 8 or 9 RBs and top 5 or 6 WRs are off the board don't reach for the next guy. Take the advantage at TE with Graham. If you don't get Graham, take Gronk in rds 4 or 5. Even if you think he misses a few games, he's worth it when he's in there.

If you can get him in rd 5, that means you probably have 2 starting RBs and 2 starting WRs taken before him. Hit on those guys and you'll be set for the season. Take the best value at QB in rd 6, 7, or 8. Draft Jordan Cameron or another similar TE in rd 9 or 10. Take another RB and WR in whichever of those rds you didnt take your QB. Something like RB, WR, WR, RB, GRONK, RB, QB, WR, TE is how the first 9 rds of a lot of my drafts have gone this year.

Picking 9th in a 12 team draft I aim for the best RB left, grab the best stud left at WR, the WR value is usually better in rd 3 than RB, best RB left, GRONK, maybe a chance on a rookie RB, best QB left, best WR left, best TE left. It is my personal drafting strategy for this season. Of course you always have to be ready to switch gears during the draft and adjust your strategy accordingly.

My last piece of advice is to grab sure fire studs in rds 1 and 2. If its a PPR, don't take a guy like ALF in rd 1 and SJax in rd 2 just to have your starting RBs locked up. Grab 2 of the stud WRs like Dez, A.J., Julio, or Marshall instead and then draft 3 or 4 RBs in a row if you have too. Take the guaranteed top points in rds 1 and 2. You'll still be able to find startable RBs and the other guys will have to start guys like Nicks and Bowe at WR. At least get the advantage at WR if you miss out on the top RBs, is my advice.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm picking 4 in my big money league. I also picked 4th in my other league and was able to go
Rice/MJD/Forte/Bowe/Gronk

I'm thinking I stay the course with this strategy or do I shoot for a WR in round 3? I hate having Bowe and Nicks starting.

Also .5 PPR at #4 Rice or Lynch? Thinking Rice.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-25-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are you assuming goes top 3? Not sure I'd be between Lynch and Rice at 4.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Who are you assuming goes top 3? Not sure I'd be between Lynch and Rice at 4.
I would assume Peterson, Foster and Martin.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Dig, I asked for someone you think is poised for a big year and thus advise me to draft today, and one of the guys you've given me you don't even want to take at his ADP?

wtf
in a non ppr i said i wouldnt take him at his adp. in a ppr i very much like him. you didnt say what your league was.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would assume Peterson, Foster and Martin.
I'm taking Spiller over either of the other two in that case, but maybe that's just me. Think I'd take Charles and Shady over Rice/Lynch as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm picking 4 in my big money league. I also picked 4th in my other league and was able to go
Rice/MJD/Forte/Bowe/Gronk

I'm thinking I stay the course with this strategy or do I shoot for a WR in round 3? I hate having Bowe and Nicks starting.

Also .5 PPR at #4 Rice or Lynch? Thinking Rice.
mccoy over both for me. charles after mccoy. agree spiller could be argued.