Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 04-19-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers Mock

1st round-David Harris MLB Michigan
After losing Donnie Edwards and with Randall Godfrey getting much older we desperatly need a MLB. Harris can start from Day 1

2nd round-Aundrae Allison WR ECU
Excellet slot WR the Chargers need to go with their giants at WR.

3rd round-Michael Johnson S Arizona
Versitile safety who can play either safety position

3rd round-Michael Coe CB Alabama St
Physical CB to add depth to the CB rotation

4th round-Mansfield Wrotto OG Georgia Tech
Valuable depth player who can play OG or OT

5th round-DeShawn Wynn RB Florida
Solid depth RB for when Michael Turner leaves

5th round-Yamon Figurs WR Kansas State
Might be the fastest WR in the draft. Could be the Chargers version of Dante Hall

7th round-Marquay Love DT Houston
Depth is needed at the NT position
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like all the players a lot, but I think Harris and Allison are reaches where you have them. There will probably be better options available. Love Michael Johnson in the third and Figurs.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

To be honest w/ you, I would pretty disappointed with that draft. I think we need to address the WR or S positions in the first 2 rounds and If all goes right for us, we would land Griffen or Jarret, If not, I have no problem settling for a guy like Weddle. He's a great character guy who would be able to start from day one.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
To be honest w/ you, I would pretty disappointed with that draft. I think we need to address the WR or S positions in the first 2 rounds and If all goes right for us, we would land Griffen or Jarret, If not, I have no problem settling for a guy like Weddle. He's a great character guy who would be able to start from day one.
Safety is a position where you can find incredible value in the middle rounds(Dawan Landry, Ko Simpson, etc). A starting MLB with experience in the 3-4 is harder to find and David harris fits that mold.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Safety is a position where you can find incredible value in the middle rounds(Dawan Landry, Ko Simpson, etc). A starting MLB with experience in the 3-4 is harder to find and David harris fits that mold.
Is this a mock draft on what you think will happen or what you want to have happen? I think AJ is gonna give the MLB spots to Cooper and Wilhem and see how it works out. Since we have a desperate need for a S and whoever we draft and that position will start, I think we need to draft one in rounds 1 or 2.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

No offense, but I'm not a fan of it either. First of all, we didn't give huge contracts to Coop and Wilhelm to be backups. They were groomed for this very situation. I really like Allison, but in the 3rd round. Good safety's can be found in later rounds but that can be said about any position. One way or another it seems like we are going to spend a very high pick on one. I think the best and most realistic pick of this mock is Wrotto because AJ loves versitile players.

I think we have the hardest team to predict in the draft because there is so much that may happen with Turner. I have a hard time seeing us staying pat at 30.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

First of all, I'd be surprised if Michael Turner isn't moved for a mid/late 1st rounder plus a conditional pick for next year, so this mock reflects that.

1* Michael Griffin S (Admittedly, this is looking less likely by the minute, as Griffin is climbing fast and Reggie Nelson's perceived lack of brainpower is dropping his stock)

1 Steve Smith WR (Small reach, but would be a safer choice than most other wrs availible late in the first. I don't think Norv Turner wants to take a boom/bust WR, knowing that he is likely on a short leash.)

2 Josh Wilson CB (I'd rather see Harris taken here, but don't think he's even been interviewed by the SD brass. For whatever reason -- is this Florence's last year as a Charger? -- SD have met with Wilson and a few other cbs expected to go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Again, he is another polished player that can contribute immediately. I expect this could be a theme in the early rounds.)

3 Anthony Waters ILB (Seems like a good fit for interior 3-4. If not for injury would be drafted higher.)

3 Stewart Bradley OLB (Tweener DE/OLB that should be fairly effective right away in Chargers' system)

4 Jackie Battle RB/FB (Awesome pro day workouts; would be a logical replacement for Turner)

5 Doug Datish OG/C (Typical versatile OL Chargers like to draft mid/ late.)

Last two picks are complete dart-throw wild-ass guesses. Looking at their roster they could use a better backup at nose tackle and a third TE. I know Figurs is a popular choice, but I think he'll be drafted earlier than AJ Smith would take a one-dimensional KR/PR.

5 Quinton Echols DT
7 Jonny Harline TE/ H-back

Last edited by UncleHulka : 04-25-2007 at 07:29 PM.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote