Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Convince me out of the xbox one. Go!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Metal Gear Solid / New Metal Gears series are all better then Halo.
Aren't the NextGen MGS games going to be on XBox as well?

Naughty Dog, Team Ico, Quantic Dream, and the God of War crew should pretty much be all you need to lean PS4 considering how few exclusives there will be in the next gen.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Aren't the NextGen MGS games going to be on XBox as well?

Naughty Dog, Team Ico, Quantic Dream, and the God of War crew should pretty much be all you need to lean PS4 considering how few exclusives there will be in the next gen.
Sadly they are but the classic ones are still great play for great movie/game play experience .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Sadly they are but the classic ones are still great play for great movie/game play experience .
...also available on other platforms now. Nothing sad about it either. Fanboy ******** exclusive crap doesn't do anyone any favors. It's a big way to push console sales for M$ and Sony, but why should we even care? Great games should be played by as many people as possible.

I'll never understand the corporate cheerleader mentality.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 08-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rented Saints Row 4 and it's like playing Infamous,SR and a little bit of Mass Effect all at the same time. I like it.

Last edited by Splat : 08-21-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
...also available on other platforms now. Nothing sad about it either. Fanboy ******** exclusive crap doesn't do anyone any favors. It's a big way to push console sales for M$ and Sony, but why should we even care? Great games should be played by as many people as possible.

I'll never understand the corporate cheerleader mentality.
I agree. when the firs Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 came out they were on the PC as well not just PlayStation. So I don't get the fan boy crap either. I'm glad Metal Gear 5 is gonna be on the xbox one. Can't wait for it.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

GTA V Development is Done

Old 08-25-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With my PS3 package; ACIV, Watch Dogs, or COD?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
With my PS3 package; ACIV, Watch Dogs, or COD?
Watch Dogs looks kickass to me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm probably the only one that cares since people hate wrestling and digital but WWE 2K14 will be available on PSN this year.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA 14 worth buying on PS3?

I really don't play video games much, but I'm leaning towards getting it because its the last one.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
NCAA 14 worth buying on PS3?

I really don't play video games much, but I'm leaning towards getting it because its the last one.
I have been playing it non stop since I got on when it came out. Yes it has flaws and its not a perfect game, but its fun and if your a fan of college football you can put a lot of hours into it. In short the biggest differnces in gameplay is the running game and dynasty the easy and simple recruiting.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought it when it was on sale for $40. First time I've purchased a football game in a few years.

I have to say, I'm really not regretting it so far. They fixed a lot of the issues that I had serious problems with. The passing game now has a bit of a learning curve, but the way you can throw feels somewhat natural now. No more linebackers jumping up 25 feet in the air to bat down passing intended for receivers deep down field. The Infinity Engine stuff is healthy progress as well, but not the game changer they made it out to be. Still, there's less canned animations and more true to life things going on the field right now. Weight seems to matter a bit more than it used to and it feels like different when you're controlling a bigger back or receiver vs. a smaller guy now.

Dynasty Mode was mostly great already with custom conferences, but the coaching experience stuff(not sure if that was an add this year) really adds an entirely new layer for me. You're awarded points to invest into a talent tree that have tangible effects on the field(although curiously enough, not player progression, go figure) and in recruiting. Recruiting is WAY better for me as well. Instead of wasting 35 minutes every week doing phonecalls, you simply allocate points and arrange visits. Less depth, but I personally just did not enjoy sitting in menus having the same conversations over and over again with recruits for an entire season. Managing resources(which you're awarded more of by investing into the recruiting tree as a head coach) is just a way better and quicker way of doing things.

So yeah. I'm not sure it will be the last game in the series(has it's legal issues, but there's too much cash on the table for EA to not work something out), but it's certainly one worth buying. NCAA 12 made me lose all hope in the series and NCAA 13 was worse by most accounts, but I really have to give them some credit for finally putting in the work to improve the game.

I still have my complaints. One of the weirdest things about coaching staffs actually mattering is that you have no agency over hiring and firing coaches. I have a Level 1 offensive coordinator right now, so I'm missing out on some key statistical bonuses. The school I'm with could totally afford to bring in someone competent too...and plus, it should just flat out be my choice. It would be nice to have some sort of salary system or something.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-17-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...iving-tomorrow

Quote:
Downloadable content news for The Last of Us will be coming tomorrow alongside information regarding changes to the game's Season Pass, Naughty Dog has announced.
I really hope it's single-player.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Reminds me to finish my Survivor walkthrough. Love the game and the gameplay at survivor is actually the best but just couldn't stick through a 3rd playthrough of the same material. Been a few weeks though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:18 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive still holding out on the last of us waiting for wither a price drop has it is still full price or some kind of complete edition. Im hoping also its single player.

Also yall better buy NCAA since they may not ever be another one.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone ever played Remember Me? Any good?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The first The Last of Us DLC is multiplayer maps. :(

There is single player DLC coming just going to have to wait for it...
Old 09-27-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Thats a shame and my biggest complaint with Nuaught Dog the DLC is always about MP
Old 09-27-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The single player content is coming but they are just now starting the filming/performance capture so it's going to be awhile.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not watch unless you have finished The Last of Us. Spoilers!

Old 09-27-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is going to be on PS+ next month. If you like action RPG's I highly recommend it.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just paid off Beyond Two Souls can't wait for it.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is going to be on PS+ next month. If you like action RPG's I highly recommend it.
Get's boring fairly quickly though. There's near infinite amounts of content, but very little of it is worth doing. The writing as about as high fantasy tropey as it gets and it's complimented by awful, bland voice acting.

Combat is fun, but there's zero depth whatsoever.

It's alright, but it's completely and utterly outclassed by Dragon's Dogma and the Souls games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-28-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Get's boring fairly quickly though. There's near infinite amounts of content, but very little of it is worth doing. The writing as about as high fantasy tropey as it gets and it's complimented by awful, bland voice acting.

Combat is fun, but there's zero depth whatsoever.

It's alright, but it's completely and utterly outclassed by Dragon's Dogma and the Souls games.
The combat is what kept me coming back for more I loved it. Chakrams are one of my favorite video game weapons ever.

It was a bit on the easy side. I felt like an unstoppable god after awhile.