Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Ok, so Seneca Wallace in, Lockette out. McBath on IR. I honestly don't see the appeal of Wallace. Daniels has more upside IMO. Younger, better arm, better athlete. If they end up cutting Daniels and some other team picks him up, I'm going to lose it I swear. Just do see how bringing in a Wallace helps. That just means less snaps for Daniels, which gives you a smaller sample size to determine ifhe's worthy of a roster spot.
Maybe they get rid of McCoy and keep Wallace and Daniels.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Maybe they get rid of McCoy and keep Wallace and Daniels.
Honestly, McCoy's better than Wallace imo. And I dont think too highly of McCoy at all.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they just rid of Tolzein instead of McCoy?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, so Seneca Wallace in, Lockette out. McBath on IR. I honestly don't see the appeal of Wallace. Daniels has more upside IMO. Younger, better arm, better athlete. If they end up cutting Daniels and some other team picks him up, I'm going to lose it I swear. Just do see how bringing in a Wallace helps. That just means less snaps for Daniels, which gives you a smaller sample size to determine if he's worthy of a roster spot.
Barrows theorized that there would be a 3 way competition for the #2 spot, with Daniels locking in the #3 spot.

I think Tolzien is a goner if he plays poorly against Minnesota. Might even be let go in the first round of cuts.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They wont get rid of Daniels. Theyre trying him at all these different positions because they want to keep him on the squad and actually get some contribution out of him

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why ppl all of a sudden believe Tolizen is a some bum QB. He's had two stellar pre-seasons in back to back years(2011 and 2012). He hasnt looked great thus far but its not like he's throwing ill-advised picks like McCoy. The O-Line with those 2nd and 3rd units, specifically the tackles, haven't given him or McCoy for that matter, much of a chance to do anything. In my perfect world, Tolizen is the #2 and BJ is the #3 this year. Tolizen knows the offense inside-out and has previously looked good running it.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-22-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Donte Whitner called Scott Tolzien "baby Drew Brees"?

Quote:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Remember when Donte Whitner called Scott Tolzien "baby Drew Brees"?
That's what I mean. He looked that impressive last year. How do you go from "Baby Drew Brees" to a being completely worthless? Fans have selective memory and a 'what have you done for me lately', short-term perspective when it comes to evaluating players.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I mean. He looked that impressive last year. How do you go from "Baby Drew Brees" to a being completely worthless? Fans have selective memory and a 'what have you done for me lately', short-term perspective when it comes to evaluating players.
Or you were wondering why the heck people thought he looked so great last preseason.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers placed SS Darcel McBath on injured reserve today. Looks like Dahl will make the roster now as the backup SS to Whitner with Reid and Spillman at FS.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
49ers placed SS Darcel McBath on injured reserve today. Looks like Dahl will make the roster now as the backup SS to Whitner with Reid and Spillman at FS.
Dahl was always going to make the roster. That be a lot of wasted guaranteed money if he didn't. McBath was defintely going to be cut, as he was behind both Spillman and Robinson on the depth chart. So him going on IR helped earn him a paycheck for the next 5 months.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Or you were wondering why the heck people thought he looked so great last preseason.
I mean the flim is there. He WAS that impressive. He beat out JJ, who I thought was tailor-made to be a back-up in this offense and his background with JH in college. He hasn't really looked that bad this preseason. He's run the offense well, had good timing with the passing concepts. Just hasn't produced enough first downs to keep the chains moving in most instances. The OTs with those second and third units have had a lot ot do with that.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't remember Tolzien looking "that impressive" ever. But I probably didn't give a crap as I tend to do toward the end of preseason games. I really don't care who the backup QBs are going to be. We are screwed if CK goes down regardless.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I honestly don't remember Tolzien looking "that impressive" ever. But I probably didn't give a crap as I tend to do toward the end of preseason games. I really don't care who the backup QBs are going to be. We are screwed if CK goes down regardless.
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 04:17 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't care who the backup QBs are going to be. We are screwed if CK goes down regardless.
Yup. I'll start watching the Chiefs and Eagles if Kaep goes down.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Yup. I'll start watching the Chiefs and Eagles if Kaep goes down.
I'll keep watching the 49ers

:P
Old 08-25-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I was actually making fun of Whitner's comment. Tolzien doesn't look anything like Drew Brees. Maybe Whiter was referencing his early days with the Chargers.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Tolzien looks great when his 1st read is open and he can release, on-time and soon as his back foot hits the depth of his drop.

I saw a QB with limited arm whom was far too reckless with his passes for someone without an elite arm.

I liked Johnson alot more than Tolzien but understood the move. However, it doesn't seem that Tolzien has improved in 2 preseasons.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I guess McCoy restructed his contract in a last ditch attempt to stay on the team.

We appreciate that Colt. Now, how about you play like a good QB tonight!

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

McCoy just needs to leave. He's so horrible.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It definitely looks like McCoy's days are literally numbered. Even though he revised his contract, it can make him easier to trade. I doubt they'd get much for him; perhaps a conditional 7th rounder next year. Interested to see the QB play tonight and see who plays well under the pressure of cuts.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is for sure, the QB depth chart will look like this after final cuts -

1. Colin Kaepernick
2. ?????
3. B.J. Daniels (R)

Backup QB will come down to McCoy who played average at best with a bad interception. Wallace and Tolzien didnt play at all and with a few minutes left, doubt either will. Like Daniels though. Should definitely make the final 53 because if not, he'll be signed by another team.

Like Anthony Dixon to make the team and play out the final year of his rookie contract. Hampton is a possibility but with Hunter and James backing up Gore, I dont see it happening.

WR wise, Baldwin was non-existent except for that one nice catch. Patton impressed me as did Moore. I think all three make the team along with Boldin, Williams and Osgood for special teams.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
WR wise, Baldwin was non-existent except for that one nice catch. Patton impressed me as did Moore. I think all three make the team along with Boldin, Williams and Osgood for special teams.
Baldwin caught two passes for decent gain.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

McCoy looked better than his last two games, but as a fan I still have zero confidence in him to help the team win a game. I don't know why the hell he got so many snaps tonight. BJ Daniels looks like there might be a spark of promise. I wish he got more of an opportunity today, but from what what was given to him he made the most out of it.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
WR wise, Baldwin was non-existent except for that one nice catch.
Baldwin looked like the best player on the field when he was out there.

:shakes head: