Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
The first batch we only used boiling water to sanitize stuff. I wouldn't worry, ours turned out fine.

For cooling wort quickly, what we did was put our gallons of water in the freezer that we were pouring the wort into. Needless to say that was a nice shock for it.
I just hope he didn't use alcohol or anything like that. But yeah the freezer water is a great way to cool the wart if you don't have a coil wart chiller and in many ways it is more sanitary.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Wait... what did you use to sanitize?
I read that using a tablespoon of Clorox per gallon of water is a perfectly fine sanitizer, so that's what I used.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I just hope he didn't use alcohol or anything like that. But yeah the freezer water is a great way to cool the wart if you don't have a coil wart chiller and in many ways it is more sanitary.
We actually used alcohol for our bottles... A couple had the flavor, but the rest were fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got my hand on these two dandy little numbers. Can't wait to try them.

and

Ayinger Oktoberfest

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My directions say to bottle my beer 48 hours after the beer stops bubbling in the fermenter, but it's not going to hurt it if I wait a little longer, right?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
My directions say to bottle my beer 48 hours after the beer stops bubbling in the fermenter, but it's not going to hurt it if I wait a little longer, right?
The worst that will happen is it might take a little longer to carbonate (assuming you are doing natural carbonation)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Yeah, I can let it carbonate as long as it needs to. It will just be ready to bottle tomorrow but I don't have time til Monday.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South Florida finally got Founders... I'm in heaven. I think I could drink All Day IPA, all day.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
South Florida finally got Founders... I'm in heaven. I think I could drink All Day IPA, all day.
It's okay in bottle, but All Day on tap is pretty damn hard to beat.

Also, Goose Island came to Texas earlier this year; the 312 Wheat Ale is really damn good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be a man and stop liking wheat beers, Brent.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

312 is a decent beer. I enjoy drinking one once in awhile. Problem is they charge like $17.99 for a 12 pack. Just stupid.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or, drink more wheat beer.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's what they put in my Blue Moon, and they're paid to do this sort of thing, so I fail to see the problem.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i bet mcgee and brent like their beer with orange slices.
They probably like pumpkin beer served in a glass with a cinnamon-sugar coated rim too.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I drink pumpkin beer and wheat beer and I enjoy it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
pumpkin beer is fine. but not with sugar on your glass.

also, i can agree with you twice here: the best pumpkin beer i ever had was from a brewery in maine, proving that the east coast can, unexpectedly, make decent beer.
Was that Smuttynose?

wait did he say he enjoyed an east coast beer?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Snuttynose makes a good pumpkin, but their brewery is in NH.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a 12 of Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale and I liked it!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Snuttynose makes a good pumpkin, but their brewery is in NH.
Close enough ! I'm just at a loss of many good brewers in Main. Allegash but I don't think they make a pumpkin.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

njx is just going to say that there is no difference between Maine and NH.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i mean, would you argue?
Lobster. 10 char
Old 09-10-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i mean, would you argue?
He's right on this one they should just become one state.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The plural is spelled 'meese'.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

100% of the people I speak with from Maine claim to have never seen a moose. It is possible that this person is just a moose in disguise, though.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
100% of the people I speak with from Maine claim to have never seen a moose. It is possible that this person is just a moose in disguise, though.
My uncle hit a moose on the road in main. He might have killed the one moose.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: