Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-24-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let us see what the Pugh can do tonight. I want an excellent showing please! Plus I like to see Cox hit the hole!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very nervous about our offense. Man it's been rubbish all through the pre season. Nicks is out of sync, and Cruz is hurt. Everyone else stinks on offense. It's a big play offense that has no plan B when the deep ball isn't working. It's like watching a kid play madden who keeps throwing the hail mary! Hail Mary, that goes inc. Run the ball then. Run. Run. Hail Mary.. Try a screen which doesn't do anything.

I am very annoyed with our offense as a whole so far. Can anyone stay healthy?!

On the other hand, Props to the defense in playing well. Keep it up!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anddddd Stevie brown is done for year. Will Hill, congrats on making the team
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We looked awful everywhere. Wow that was bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

That's one aspect of this team in genera during TC's tenure. I respect Gilbride and what he has done, but the offense shouldn't be so streaky on a consistent basis like this. True I understand we are out of sync with Nicks and now Cruz and the OL. But call plays to help that. Stop trying to go deep like some child playing madden. " When in doubt, throw deep!" That seems to be our motto.

Screens are god awful. Brown stinks at catching the ball. He does show good patience running though. Our Wrs still have mental farts which annoys me year in and year out. JJ is useless with his inconsistency with catching the ball.

The TEs yesterday were invisible for the most part. This offense the whole pre season has been brutal to watch. If we play like this all season, mixed with our defense, I think that's a top 10 pick in the making. We are playing that bad.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's preseason *shrug* I don't care if the big names are out of sync at this point with the simplified play calling. As long as randle is flashing the OL is building some chemistry and Wilson's working on his blocking I'm more than happy with our offense. ****'s gunna be awesome this year, despite killdrive's best efforts.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was also very impressed with Pugh. Pugh looks like he has LT potential. Obviously he won't play LT for us but I'm starting to feel comfortable with him as RT moving forward.

And Cox looks very good.
Yeah, I'm really loving the young lineman on this team, was such a giants guy that I'm surprised we didn't trade up for him, Beatty's become an absolute rock and both Mosley and Cordle have flashed that they can become Seubert and O'Hara/Baas esque for us on the inside. Add one more stud if this three develop and our OL will become a force again sooner rather than later.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not concerned about the offense. They run very vanilla stuff in the preseason. I have season tickets so I go to all the preseason games bc it's basically impossible to sell them for anything beyond 10 bucks, and I have goalline messanine seats so I get to see everything. Very basic stuff. The Giants don't show their cards in the preseason.

And Eli has never been good in the preseason. He treats it like a practice.

Nicks looks like he's dogging it. I saw him jog routes all preseason.

I think the takehome message is this: Cruz is the most important piece to our offense outside of Eli. The slot WR makes or breaks this offense. He's so critical to it's success, and we simply don't have anyone who can fill Cruz's shoes in the event that he goes down. That's why I rather re-sign Cruz over Nicks. Cruz's role in this offense has more value and is harder to replace.

Very pleased with our OTs. Beatty is quietly becoming a stud and Pugh is going to be a pretty damn good RT. Interior OL needs work. There's promise with Mosely and Cordle but we didn't see enough from either of them to say they are future fixtures on this OL.

Brewer is a nobody. Waist bender. He still bends way too much and he's had enough time to correct his issues. I don't think the light will ever come on. Same with McCants.

Tackling on defense got a lot better since the first PS week. Glad to see that. And Marvin Austin looks like the light is coming on! I'm VERY pleased to see that, if he can produce for us that's so huge for us moving forward.

Displeased with Tracy. He didn't show me enough. For the life of me I don't get why Ojomo doesn't get more quality reps. Give the man a chance, he produces. Overall I think our DL is deep and very talented. Kiwi is a JAG, I'd like to see Moore take snaps away from him when he's ready.

LB corp is still a cluster but I think we know who our starting guys are. Connor at MIKE, JWill at WILL, and Paysinger at SAM. It is what it is.

I'd like to see what Ross or TT can do at safety now that Stevie went down. That's a blow. Stevie looked a lot better this year. I was scouting him closely every game and he was sound in his assignments. That's a big loss. Looked like he was going to break out this year potentially.

Bringing KP back would interest me.

Overall I think Prince and Hoseley are future fixtures in the secondary. Everyone else is filler for the short term and will eventually be washed out of the team.

TT looked ok. A step slow. That's understandable. Hopefully he can shake off rust and get back to form but I'm going into the season with low expectations, but man would I love to see this guy make a comeback. He deserves it, no one works harder than him. Great guy.

I'm predicting a top 15 to top 20 defense in the league. My expectations of the offense is top 5.

Let's see how the season goes. Hopefully we got all our injuries out of the way and can stay healthy from now on.

I think our 3 RBs should be Wilson, Brown and Cox. Cox showed me a lot of promise this PS.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correction, Rivers should be our starting SAM, not Paysinger. I forgot about Rivers. Chances are he'll get hurt tying his shoes in week 3 though, so Paysinger will probably see snaps there.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

It's a shame we didn't sign the same Aaron curry who was such a stud at wake, I mean that guy was a bigger stronger Sean weatherspoon with even quicker instincts. Wonder what the **** happened in Seattle.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's dumb as an ox with no instincts. All he did at Wake was line up over the TE and blow **** up at the point. Can't do just that in the pros.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He was also way too big. I think he had conditioning issues which also makes me question his desire as well.

He just didn't move well. Needed to lose 20 lbs.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, thoughts about potentially letting Nicks go and drafting a WR this year? I mean, we NEED back 7 help, but it could save a lot of cash and it's a pretty good WR class potentially. Use the money to save JPP, draft Coleman, sign some back 7 help, use picks 2-7 for OL and back 7.

Boom.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not opposed to it. I have a feeling DB or DL is the more likely 1st round pick though.

I want an LB obviously, but it doesn't have to be a first round pick. Speaking of which, I think there's some misunderstanding with my Linebacker rants. I'm not saying we have to draft a LB in round 1. There's tremendous value at LB in every draft in rounds 2-5.

Look at this year. Arthur Brown and Sio Moore in rounds 2 and 3. Even Bostic looks good and he was a 2nd rounder I believe. Khasim in round 4 or 5 (I forgot what round).

Last year we had Mychal Kendricks, Lavonte David in round 2. DeMeco went for a 5th rounder.

You get the point. It seems like there's linebackers that can be had throughout the draft, we just do a completely ****** job of finding them. Why is it other teams can find these later round LBs and we, who have dog crap at LB, can't hit on a linebacker to save our life?

That's a problem. And that's what bothers me.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so, thoughts about potentially letting Nicks go and drafting a WR this year? I mean, we NEED back 7 help, but it could save a lot of cash and it's a pretty good WR class potentially. Use the money to save JPP, draft Coleman, sign some back 7 help, use picks 2-7 for OL and back 7.

Boom.
Love the Nicks but:

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I still wish we could've draft Darryl Washington. Stick him next to Jacquain and right there we have one of the league's best nickel backer duos that can really cause havoc on running downs. He's another second round star.

I'm hoping for DB in round one, LB in round two, and then in round 3 an OL/DL/WR or even another DB. But I'll settle for a LB and DB in rounds three and two if we go another direction in the first.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest think to realise is that our defense is in transition

Just look at who is under contract for next year (excluding fringe players)

DE: Kiwanuka, Pierre-Paul, Moore

DT: Jenkins, Hankins, Austin, Kuhn

LB: Williams

CB: Amukamara, Wesbter, Hosely

S: Rolle, Sash, Taylor

We are likely going to be reloading the back seven next season
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not opposed to it. I have a feeling DB or DL is the more likely 1st round pick though.

I want an LB obviously, but it doesn't have to be a first round pick. Speaking of which, I think there's some misunderstanding with my Linebacker rants. I'm not saying we have to draft a LB in round 1. There's tremendous value at LB in every draft in rounds 2-5.

Look at this year. Arthur Brown and Sio Moore in rounds 2 and 3. Even Bostic looks good and he was a 2nd rounder I believe. Khasim in round 4 or 5 (I forgot what round).

Last year we had Mychal Kendricks, Lavonte David in round 2. DeMeco went for a 5th rounder.

You get the point. It seems like there's linebackers that can be had throughout the draft, we just do a completely ****** job of finding them. Why is it other teams can find these later round LBs and we, who have dog crap at LB, can't hit on a linebacker to save our life?

That's a problem. And that's what bothers me.

I actually have a feeling LB CJ Mosley could be an option next year when we draft.

We have had a run of addressing positions that had previously been low draft priorities (RB and OL).
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The biggest think to realise is that our defense is in transition

Just look at who is under contract for next year (excluding fringe players)

DE: Kiwanuka, Pierre-Paul, Moore

DT: Jenkins, Hankins, Austin, Kuhn

LB: Williams

CB: Amukamara, Wesbter, Hosely

S: Rolle, Sash, Taylor

We are likely going to be reloading the back seven next season
I have a feeling that with so much roster turnover, we'll probably be major players in FA as well.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

That's fine because I like those guys. We're cutting a lot of dead and old weight this off season
Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's time. The old crew had a nice run but it's time to move on from a lot of guys.

I wouldn't mind if Webster was another guy we move on from. I forgot Kuhn is even on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut after the 4th preseason game.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I been feeling that way regarding our offensive system. I am tired year after year, even when successful, the lack of everyone being on the same page. I loathe when the ball goes one way and the WR does totally something different. I hate how every other play is a deep pass. Can we dink and dunk a bit too? And for god sake execute a screen pass!!!! Brown needs to focus about catching the ball first before thinking of turning upfield and running.

I want to see how we do this year. But overall, I want a new system.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I'm with BBD on the system, I don't really love it either, but Eli's been running it for so long and it's so perfect for him and Cruz that at this point I wouldn't change the system. Maybe change the play caller, but not the system itself. Especially how stacked we are on offense and the turnover we need I see on D.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Can't have a new system. Eli is married to this offense now. He's been in it for too long.

The system isn't really a problem. Offense will be perfectly fine this year as long as the OL holds up. Eli do what Eli do. Don't worry. I mentally charted our plays on offense during the preseason and it was extremely vanilla. All run plays were basically telegraphed. You knew exactly when it was a run. All pass plays were very vanilla in the route combinations.

It's not reflective of what we'll do once the regular season starts. They're not showing their cards.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Can't have a new system. Eli is married to this offense now. He's been in it for too long.

The system isn't really a problem. Offense will be perfectly fine this year as long as the OL holds up. Eli do what Eli do. Don't worry. I mentally charted our plays on offense during the preseason and it was extremely vanilla. All run plays were basically telegraphed. You knew exactly when it was a run. All pass plays were very vanilla in the route combinations.

It's not reflective of what we'll do once the regular season starts. They're not showing their cards.
Look at Big Ben. They changed it a bunch of times. Eli is smart he will adapt. It's mroe so for the WRs in this system. For once in life, no more idiotic stares by Eli at his Wrs, as if to say, WTF are you doing? What route are you running? I am tired of that nonsense! Year after year.. You need a PHD to run the system at WR, and god forbid, 1 or 2 of the starters are hurt.

Now you have depth who may or may not have a clue what's going on. A bunch of JJs running around, along with Barden. Good god..

I focused on our offense, and it has been vanilla. You're correct, but still god awful! It's utter rubbish the results. It's like they never played football together.

I am praying for a change in the system before Eli retires.