Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-25-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Madden 25 Thread

This game is going to be released August 27th. Who has a pre-order for the game? What have you heard about the game? Is it worth getting with the next generation of consoles coming out soon? What are you most excited about? What are you most frustrated with?

Come in this thread to gripe about rankings for your favorite players.

(Ratings found here)

Personally, I haven't purchased a Madden game since 2011. Once I graduated high school, I started to skip about 3 or 4 years before buying a new one. I'm still not sure if I am going to drop $60 on this one.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the last one, but I really didn't like the changes they made. I'm probably not gonna get it, unless they've made significant changes?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never bought madden. ive played a few different ones and i found them all wholly unsatisfying. very poor gameplay seems to be the hallmark imo
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't bought a new madden in the last 3 years, but i got a bug in my butt to buy this one. I pre-ordered through amazon. I have no idea what changes have taken place, but i guess it doesn't really matter. I am tired of playing with 2010 rosters.... when i evn get an hour to sit down & play an actual game.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I bought the last one, but I really didn't like the changes they made. I'm probably not gonna get it, unless they've made significant changes?
What I've read is that this game is similar to last year's with just minor tweaks to smooth out the bigger changes they made last year.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I haven't bought a new madden in the last 3 years, but i got a bug in my butt to buy this one. I pre-ordered through amazon. I have no idea what changes have taken place, but i guess it doesn't really matter. I am tired of playing with 2010 rosters.... when i evn get an hour to sit down & play an actual game.
Yeah, I'm kind of where you are too. And the Madden 11 servers are officially offline now so it's that much more boring.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to end up getting it down the road but I'm not paying $60.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plays a lot smoother this last years version from the demo I played, probably will get it in a week or two

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only got it so I could get NFL Sunday Ticket for $40. I'll probably only play a few games, they haven't made any improvements to the game play in a long time.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I only got it so I could get NFL Sunday Ticket for $40. I'll probably only play a few games, they haven't made any improvements to the game play in a long time.
This is why i am getting it -the amazon deal for NFL sunday ticket. I may get one season in franchise mode out of it but its lost its luster.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
WHOA! That's a pretty sweet deal. Too bad I'm saving money and got rid of cable altogether.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
WHOA! That's a pretty sweet deal. Too bad I'm saving money and got rid of cable altogether.
Pretty sure you get the online version of Sunday Ticket though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Pretty sure you get the online version of Sunday Ticket though.
Does that work with PS3?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does that work with PS3?
It did but not any more.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...s3_this_ year

Quote:
NFL Sunday Ticket will not be making a return to the PlayStation 3 this year. Speaking with IGN, a Sony representative confirmed that the football streaming service will be sitting on the sidelines this season.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does that work with PS3?
Nah, just computer, tablet, or phone I think. Could be wrong though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Nah, just computer, tablet, or phone I think. Could be wrong though.
Well... I guess I can live with that. I can easily do a VGA connection to my TV.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL 2K5 is nearly ten years old and the gameplay still trounces the yearly edition of Madden. Yeah, let's get this argument started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
NFL 2K5 is nearly ten years old and the gameplay still trounces the yearly edition of Madden. Yeah, let's get this argument started.
I'm still pissed I lost my copy of Front Page Sports Football 98.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
And this is why EA signed exclusive rights with the NFL. We are all very aware of that and very pissed.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And this is why EA signed exclusive rights with the NFL. We are all very aware of that and very pissed.
And I will never support that decision by buying Madden and hoping for the best. **** 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And now my PS3 is completely useless. NFL was the only thing I used it for the past 3 years. The drive broke on it and I stopped caring. Time to get a PC set up in my living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
And now my PS3 is completely useless. NFL was the only thing I used it for the past 3 years. The drive broke on it and I stopped caring. Time to get a PC set up in my living room.
Netflix? Amazon streaming?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been playing the beta for about 4 days. Playing 1v1 games on all-madden with my friends. The passing game is even better this year then it was last year. It's all about precision passing and timing. You throw late against a good CB..you're gonna have problems. The things they cleaned up was where precision put the ball. Precision up on a post route...and your WR is going to break away from the route and get up field for the pass. Run a curl and push down...no more terrible CB picks...that ball is going to be thrown at your WR's feet...

So far I've noticed Curls against soft coverage are money. Any time you can get a corner not shading inside...makes the In almost impossible to cover. Really like what they did with the WR's and CBs. Had some awesome interceptions...where the DB recognized the route and ran it before the WR was even out of his cut. Normally CBs didn't have this ability...now they have ability to think on the fly...haven't been able to complain too much about this.

Running game is completely changed. Still not good with using the precision modifier (left trigger). But it gets easier each game. Not using it pretty much means your are going to go down on first contact...and if you don't protect yourself...you are going to get injured or cough up the football. From a realism standpoint they are really getting there this year. I think the blocking is better this year...the running game is all about left trigger tho. Learn to use this and you'll be able to run the ball at will this year.

Also the biggest difference this year as far as playbook goes is that the option is a key part. They did a decent job on the functionality of this. Still not as good as NCAA...but a huge step forward. Another wrinkle they added. Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow and my sunday ticket code. Gonna be a great day.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

You make a compelling argument. Sounds like the gameplay engine is hardly recognizable for someone who last played Madden 25.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not going to bother, personally. Sounds like a carbon copy of the previous year with some minor game play enhancements.