Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-26-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprises with the cuts thus far and not expecting any between now and 4pm EST tomorrow. Could see a trade though which would help get the roster down to 75.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Is Dixon on the bubble at all? I know he isn't used much on offense but plays a lot of special teams, you've got a pretty crowded backfield there. I think he can be a nice piece for any team but SF seems like it will be a tough place for him to stick. He was a damn truck in college.
Dixon played well last night and as far as I know, I dont think that he's on the roster bubble at all. He's entering the final year of his rookie contract and im expecting him to make the final 53 and be on the roster in two weeks from now.

We released Harper and will most likely release Hampton at some point so Dixon should be the fifth RB, backup FB and special teamer. Will be surprised if he gets released tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okoye isn't making the final 53. Stop that crap. Seriously. We're trying to win the Super Bowl, not winning the cricket cup or whatever the Brits call it. He's strong. Whoooopeeeee. He has no ******* technique (not his fault - he's still learning the game). Let's stop this BS right now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the only times Okoye saw the field (Denver) he was getting pushed 7 yards downfield on every play. But yeah. He needs to make the 53 because he's big and stuff.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Guess we'll just have to wait and see but I still think he is.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My "One Game Left" prediction...

Offense (24)

QB (3) - Colin Kaepernick | Colt McCoy | B.J. Daniels
RB (4) - Frank Gore | Kendall Hunter | LaMichael James | Anthony Dixon (FB)
FB (1) - Bruce Miller
WR (5) - Anquan Boldin | Quinton Patton | Jon Baldwin | Kyle Williams | Marlon Moore
TE (3) - Vernon Davis | Vance McDonald | Garrett Celek
OT (2) - Joe Staley | Anthony Davis
OG (4) - Mike Iupati | Alex Boone (OT) | Adam Snyder (OT/C) | Joe Looney (C)
C (2) - Jonathan Goodwin | Daniel Kilgore

Defense (26)

DE (4)- Justin Smith | Ray McDonald | Demarcus Dobbs | Tony Jerod-Eddie
NT (2) - Ian Williams | Glenn Dorsey

OLB (5) - Aldon Smith | Ahmad Brooks | Parys Haralson | Corey Lemonier | Dan Skuta
ILB (4) - Patrick Willis | NaVorro Bowman | Michael Wilhoite | Nick Moody

CB (6) - Tarell Brown | Carlos Rogers | Nnamdi Asomugha | Perrish Cox | Tramaine Brock | Marcus Cooper
S (5) - Donte Whitner | Eric Reid | Craig Dahl | C.J. Spillman | Trenton Robinson

Special Teams (3)

K (1) - Phil Dawson
P (1) - Andy Lee
LS (1) - Brian Jennings

Injured Reserve

FB - Alex Debniak
WR - Brandon Carswell
ILB - Darius Fleming
CB - Chris Cullliver
S - Darcel McBath

Non-Football Injury

RB - Marcus Lattimore
OT - Luke Marquardt
DE - Tank Carradine | Quinton Dial
CB - Eric Wright

Physically Unable to Perform

WR - Michael Crabtree | Mario Manningham

Practice Squad

RB - Jewel Hampton
WR - Chuck Jacobs
TE - MarQueis Gray
OT - Carter Bykowski
DE - Lawrence Okoye
OLB - Cam Johnson
S - Michael Thomas
LS - Kevin McDermott
Old 08-26-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^basically agree with your 53 man projection and even the ps. i'd swap celek (don't see a lot of potential) for gray. but besides that i basically agree with everything.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haralson`s just been traded.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/statu...55700564070400

Quote:
#49ers LB Parys Haralson has presumably been traded, but just declined an interview request.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phlysac's roster looks spot on to me. Wish we had someone better than Looney though.

Edit: didn't want to trade Parys. Damn.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
My "One Game Left" prediction...

Offense (24)

QB (3) - Colin Kaepernick | Colt McCoy | B.J. Daniels
RB (4) - Frank Gore | Kendall Hunter | LaMichael James | Anthony Dixon (FB)
FB (1) - Bruce Miller
WR (5) - Anquan Boldin | Quinton Patton | Jon Baldwin | Kyle Williams | Marlon Moore
TE (3) - Vernon Davis | Vance McDonald | Garrett Celek
OT (2) - Joe Staley | Anthony Davis
OG (4) - Mike Iupati | Alex Boone (OT) | Adam Snyder (OT/C) | Joe Looney (C)
C (2) - Jonathan Goodwin | Daniel Kilgore

ny Jerod-Eddie
NT (2) - Ian Williams | Glenn Dorsey

OLB (5) - Aldon Smith | Ahmad Brooks | Parys Haralson | Corey Lemonier | Dan Skuta
ILB (4) - Patrick Willis | NaVorro Bowman | Michael Wilhoite | Nick Moody

CB (6) - Tarell Brown | Carlos Rogers | Nnamdi Asomugha | Perrish Cox | Tramaine Brock | Marcus Cooper
S (5) - Donte Whitner | Eric Reid | Craig Dahl | C.J. Spillman | Trenton Robinson[/size]

Special Teams (3)

K (1) - Phil Dawson
P (1) - Andy Lee
LS (1) - Brian Jennings

Injured Reserve

FB - Alex Debniak
WR - Brandon Carswell
ILB - Darius Fleming
CB - Chris Cullliver
S - Darcel McBath

Non-Football Injury

RB - Marcus Lattimore
OT - Luke Marquardt
DE - Tank Carradine | Quinton Dial
CB - Eric Wright

Physically Unable to Perform

WR - Michael Crabtree | Mario Manningham

Practice Squad

RB - Jewel Hampton
WR - Chuck Jacobs
TE - MarQueis Gray
OT - Carter Bykowski
DE - Lawrence Okoye
OLB - Cam Johnson
S - Michael Thomas
LS - Kevin McDermott
I don't see Cooper making the 53. I think that might go to a sixth WR or a player we claim from another team that we've secretly had our eye on. But everything else is pretty much spot on with my line of thinking.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Thanks for all of your work Parys. You were always a favorite of mine. Never spectacular but I think you were vastly under-appreciated for how solid you are.

Best of luck with your new gig in the Big Easy.

Last edited by phlysac : 08-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.
phlysac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://static.azteca.com/crop/crop.p...rdinates=41,24

Thanks for all of your work Parys. You were always a favorite of mine. Never spectacular but I think you were vastly under-appreciated for how solid you are.

Makes sense. They needed some pass-rush in the worst way for Ryan's new 3-4 scheme. Haralson gets a chance to be a starter again. And Baalke gets more draft picks to parlay into the Corey Lemonier's of the world. Question is now, who takes his spot on the 53?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Makes sense. They needed some pass-rush in the worst way for Ryan's new 3-4 scheme. Haralson gets a chance to be a starter again. And Baalke gets more draft picks to parlay into the Corey Lemonier's of the world. Question is now, who takes his spot on the 53?
I'm thinking a ST guy will make the roster. They need some fat to trim when the long list of injured guys start coming back.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Ha....I said the Saints...cant believe that actually happened. Dont like the undisclosed part. I'm guessing a late round draft pick at best.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Ha....I said the Saints...cant believe that actually happened. Dont like the undisclosed part. I'm guessing a late round draft pick at best.
"At best"

I'm thinking Conditional 4th. Which is HUGE for a player that was a backup and wouldn't be on the team in 2014.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
"At best"

I'm thinking Conditional 4th. Which is HUGE for a player that was a backup and wouldn't be on the team in 2014.
I would be happy if its a 4th round draft pick but I doubt it. 49ers were going to release Haralson Saturday during final cuts if they couldnt trade him. I'm going to guess a 7th rounder with the possibility of it becoming a 5th rounder in 2014.

Either way, I'll have to trade him to the Saints tomorrow when I get M25.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I would be happy if its a 4th round draft pick but I doubt it. 49ers were going to release Haralson Saturday during final cuts if they couldnt trade him. I'm going to guess a 7th rounder with the possibility of it becoming a 5th rounder in 2014.

No they absolutely were not. Where do you get your news from Dan?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
No they absolutely were not. Where do you get your news from Dan?
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...lson-to-saints

Third sentence. Haralson took a paycut and with Lemonier impressing the coaching staff, Haralson became expendable. No guaranteed money, he was as good as gone. If they werent going to release him, they wouldnt have traded him either. It was either release or trade him. The Saints losing Will Smith for the season set it up which is why I predicted the Saints in a previous post and a few hours later, it actually happened.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Who says they were going to cut him? Your assuming that just because they traded him, that he was on the roster bubble. That's not a 'GM way' of looking at things. The 53 best players make the team. Harlson was defintely one of the 53 best players on the roster. If they couldn't find a trade partner, they would have just kept him. He was making peanuts after his restructure anyway. And he's a good STer. They were taking fielders for sure, because the emergence of Lemonier didn't make him as much as a necessity as before. And Baalke will always jump on a good deal. But that doesn't mean he would have been cut. For them to trade a experienced depth player like Haralson, it was probably a deal Baalke thought was too good to pass up. Baalke never gets screwed in these situations so I'm going to say, it had to be a decent pick. If it turns out he was traded for a 6th or 7th rounder, then you might have a point. We shall see..

And never listen to Rotoworld....its a fantasy league site. Their info is very suspect. They're good for keeping up with transactions but they provide very little insider knowledge

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-26-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

49ers save $1.30m in cap room. You can see that they're trying to unload a few veteran players who are somewhat overpaid so they can extend Kaepernick and Aldon next off-season. Thats just one reason why I dont see Asomugha back next year no matter how he plays and Rogers will be released because there's no way in hell they're paying him what he's due to earn. CB will be the position that will be favored for our first rounder in 2014.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Trade cant be that good because if it was, the team would have announced what they received for him. When a team doesnt announce it, its nothing great or special. I'm still saying a 7th rounder with the possibility of it being a 5th rounder. Saints give up a late rounder for an experienced veteran who's making only $1.30m. Haralson became expendable once Lemonier earned the confidence of the coaching staff. Before the pay cut, he was rumored to become a salary cap casualty and would have been if he didnt take the pay cut. It was either trade or release him. Once rumors started yesterday about him being on the trading block, he was as good as gone.

And I wouldnt be surprised one bit if McCoy gets traded over the weekend either.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Good for him. He was average here and wasn't really an impact player, but I've seen far worse. I'll always remember a game against the Eagles a few years back, I think it was 2009, where the 49ers defense was trying to take down McNabb and Paras Haralson simply couldn't chase him down and McNabb juked him and everyone else for a first down. I remember screaming at my television "TACKLE HIM!!!" and Haralson just looked goofy out there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

The Roto article failed so hard...

Quote:
He's a long shot to help New Orleans.
Yeah. He might start.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

He'll easily be a starter in NO. Smith and Butler are gone for the season. Haralson becomes their best OLB by default. Either way, it doesnt matter. Haralson is no longer a 49er. I just want to know the compensation we received for him.

One thing thats good for me is that with an overall rating of 82, I should be able to trade him to the Saints in M25 for a better draft pick than what we got in reality. :)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trade cant be that good because if it was, the team would have announced what they received for him. When a team doesnt announce it, its nothing great or special. I'm still saying a 7th rounder with the possibility of it being a 5th rounder. Saints give up a late rounder for an experienced veteran who's making only $1.30m. Haralson became expendable once Lemonier earned the confidence of the coaching staff. Before the pay cut, he was rumored to become a salary cap casualty and would have been if he didnt take the pay cut. It was either trade or release him. Once rumors started yesterday about him being on the trading block, he was as good as gone.

And I wouldnt be surprised one bit if McCoy gets traded over the weekend either.
Word is a conditional 7th, dependent on making the Saints roster.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote