Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 08-17-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Tim Tebow... 1/6, 1 INT. -1 yards. 15 rushing yards on 2 attempts.

14 yards on 8 plays or 1.75 yards per play...

1/7 now... but he did run for 4 yards.

18 yards on 10 plays, 1.8 yards per play! (Improvement)

update: He finished with 11 plays for 31 yards and a turnover (I'm ignoring the 2 kneel downs for -2). That's 2.8 yards per play. Coincidentally, the same average from the last game where he went for 63 yards on 22 plays. That's 33 plays and not even 100 yards. . . Why is he on the roster?
Probably a favor for Urban by McD & Bill. The Pats are giving him a legitimate shot to learn and be in an NFL organization rather than a circus.

His throwing motion actually has looked much improved, if you care about bright sides.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
How do you even have -1 passing yards?
He threw a screen (with no velocity) and Josh Boyce was smacked in the back field because of it.

Though, maybe you should ask Colin Kaepernick (who threw for -2 yards last night)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
His throwing motion actually has looked much improved, if you care about bright sides.
There is improvement, but he's still not comfortable throwing with the changes. I saw 1 accurate throw all night and that was the screen for -1 yards. The rest were 3-5 yards off target.

Last edited by descendency : 08-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the **** is Devin McCourty only the 88th best defensive player in the NFL:

Quote:
He's been productive on the field as well, evidenced by the following note, again courtesy of ESPN Stats & Info: McCourty is one of five players who has broken up or intercepted at least 40 passes in the past three seasons. McCourty has broken up or intercepted 28 passes at least 15 yards downfield during that time, seven more than the next-closest player (Tramon Williams).
What? He's also a very good player in the run force, which is why he was moved from corner to safety. ESPN...
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more concerned that Amendola is already hurt lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Has the body part that is allegedly hurt even been rumored? Until I see an even half decent rumor, I'll continue to believe he is just getting time off during camp - which was basically earned by ripping Tampa Bay a new one.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the defense played well given the circumstances in the first half and without being with Wilfork and Mayo (mostly). Plus Thompkins and Brady look like they will be awesome together so theres that. Otherwise.... sloppy performance all around by us. Lions really get up to play us in the preseason.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Will someone please teach Dobson to use his damn hands?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was just bad football. Defense looked pretty good. Chandler Jones just manhandled Reiff all night, and KT looks pretty damn legit. I'm not too upset with this loss to be honest. Lots of signs of improvement, and most of our troubles came from fumbling - something that BB won't allow to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

NE basically fumbled the game away and Detroit couldn't capitalize very well on it.

The bad news is our backup OL and DL are terrible. They got manhandled, again.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
NE basically fumbled the game away and Detroit couldn't capitalize very well on it.

The bad news is our backup OL and DL are terrible. They got manhandled, again.
It's not good but i don't think it is a major issue. Unless we have terrible luck we shouldn't be playing without more than 1 or 2 starting linemen in any game.

A starting 5 of Solder, Mankins, Wendell, Cannon and Vollmer is studly. Connolly can cover OC or OG. Vollmer can fill in for Solder. Cannon can fill in for Vollmer. Sure losing a guy like Donald Thomas and only replacing him with someone like Svitek is a downgrade but unless injury hits us hard I think the O-line should be top 5 again.

The DL is a worry. If Chandler Jones gets hurt I don't know where the pressure is coming from, plus the depth at DT is non-existent

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** ESPN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The quicker he is off this team and out of the NFL the better.

As far as pass rushing goes, I have to say I'm impressed with Nink thus far. Hes been all over the place and if our starters stay healthy I think we have a dominant front 7. Kelly looks like he is going to be a great fit next to Wilfork.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The quicker he is off this team and out of the NFL the better.
I won't be shocked if he makes the roster.

Here is the few names I came up with that could end up fighting to be Mr 53:
QB: Tim Tebow
RB: James Develin (FB), Leon Washington (KR)
TE: Daniel Fells*
DE: Jermaine Cunningham/Jake Bequette [pick one, the other is already on the roster...]
DT: Marcus Forston*
LB: Mike Rivera(M), Steve Beauharnais(M)
DB: Nate Ebner, Adrian Wilson

Of those, the two players with asterisks are players who are on the 53 man roster if Gronk or Armstead are on PUP (and will be cut when he comes back).

None of them have been very good this offseason. Develin is a FB and Washington has been unspectacular at KR. He's borderline terrible as a PR.

Fells is due a lot of cash for a backup TE (so is Hoomanawanui).

Cunningham can't stay healthy and Bequette just plain sucks (He's the Tebow of DEs without the massive following). I'd cut both of them, but it would leave us in really bad shape at DE, potentially.

Forston has apparently fallen behind Joe Vellano. Forston was a major college recruit that flashed at times but was hurt a bunch. He's been fairly unremarkable in the NFL.

Rivera, Beauharnais, and Ebner are strictly special teamers and emergency players at their respective positions.

Adrian Wilson just looks a step too slow. Honestly, I was a big fan of his and wanted him in NE really bad, but he just can't cover and doesn't play ST.

Then you have Mr Tebow. The Patriots brought him in knowing what he is. I can't imagine they expected him to be amazing this year. I could see him getting a redshirt year like lots of other players in the past have. It really depends on how much Belichick wants him. I still think McDaniels was behind the initial signing. This just isn't a year where the guys he's competing with are standing up and demanding roster spots.

That said, I don't think he would be one of the guys kept on the 53 man roster until Gronk/Armstead get back from the PUP.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been trying to project New England's final 53-man roster, and it seems like they're going to have to cut two of the following players:

QB Tim Tebow

RB Brandon Bolden

RB Leon Washington

TE Michael Hoomanawanui

DE Michael Buchanan

DE Jake Bequette

CB Ras-I Dowling

CB Marquice Cole

FS Tavon Wilson

Who are your picks?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bequette and Tebow without a second thought.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Tebow, but I think he'll be on the roster come opening day, considering the praise he's received from Belichick, McDaniels' high opinion of him, and Robert Kraft's stated desire for Tebow to make the team. He's probably not deserving of a spot, but his marketability, etc. may give him the edge over a lesser-known player. I think we may see Dowling get cut, considering his injury history and his scant playing time even when healthy.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's a list of uninspiring players if I've ever seen one. I really didn't think Tebow would make the 53 but now I'm very concerned that he won't cost the team much if they cut someone else, instead.

Morning . . . ruined. Thanks, jerks!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Bequette and Tebow without a second thought.
Probably this for me too.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I totally am preparing myself for the outrage when Tebow makes the cut, because he needs to be out of the NFL.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://nesn.com/2013/08/bills-plan-t...art-in-week-1/

And ouch. I wasn't even aware of this. Poor Bills fans.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I totally am preparing myself for the outrage when Tebow makes the cut, because he needs to be out of the NFL.
BB has always had the interest of the team at heart, which is why I just can't imagine Tebow making the cut. He literally adds zero value to this team.

I suppose we'll find out how much impact Kraft has on the 53. There is no reasonable argument that Tebow makes the Patriots better than even a no-name guy from the below list.

Quote:
http://nesn.com/2013/08/bills-plan-t...art-in-week-1/

And ouch. I wasn't even aware of this. Poor Bills fans.
Yes, they're hurting with Manuel out. Kolb is awful, though, so it really can't be that much of a downgrade. I'll bet they wish they could bring back T-Jack!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
BB has always had the interest of the team at heart, which is why I just can't imagine Tebow making the cut. He literally adds zero value to this team.

I suppose we'll find out how much impact Kraft has on the 53. There is no reasonable argument that Tebow makes the Patriots better than even a no-name guy from the below list.

Yes, they're hurting with Manuel out. Kolb is awful, though, so it really can't be that much of a downgrade. I'll bet they wish they could bring back T-Jack!
Annnnnd, he made it. God dammit BB

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I suppose we'll find out how much impact Kraft has on the 53.
Not trying to sound like I am blaming anyone, but I really think Tebow is more of a McDaniels product than anything. I think Belichick trusts him like he trusts other coaches.

I can understand how Mr Kraft would "want" Tim Tebow to make the roster. He's a good guy that does everything you want him to do (he just sucks doing it). You typically want those guys to make the roster.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Based on this list of players eligible for New England's practice squad, what do you think is the best scout team the Patriots could assemble without losing anyone of value via waiver claims?

RB George Winn

FB Ben Bartholomew

WR Josh Boyce

WR Aaron Dobson

WR Johnathan Haggerty

WR Quentin Sims

WR Kenbrell Thompkins

TE Zach Sudfeld

OT Luke Patterson

OT Brice Schwab

OG Josh Kline

OG Chris McDonald

OC Matt Stankiewitch

DT Marcus Forston

DT Scott Vallone

DT Joe Vellano

DT Anthony Rashad White

DE Jake Bequette

DE Michael Buchanan

LB Steve Beauharnais

LB Jamie Collins

LB Jeff Tarpinian

CB Justin Green

CB Stephon Morris

CB Logan Ryan

DB Kanorris Davis

DB Duron Harmon

PN Ryan Allen
Old 08-27-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Annnnnd, he made it. God dammit BB
I don't think there was any question he'd make the 75.

Final 53 isn't until the 31st.