Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I might be wrong, but I really doubt Harvin qualifies for the comeback award. He only missed 7 games, and it was "only" because of an ankle sprain. Dont think that quite enough to be considered.
I don't see how that doesn't qualify him, that's 1 game shy of it being half a regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- Peyton Manning
OPOTY- Adrian Peterson
DPOTY- JPP
CBPOTY- Darrelle Revis
OROTY- Tyler Eifert
DROTY- Dion Jordan(I predict they use him in a Von Miller type role and he dominates)
COTY- Jim Harbaugh

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I don't see how that doesn't qualify him, that's 1 game shy of it being half a regular season.
Its usually given to a player who either missed almost an entire season (Brady, Manning, Pennington, Vick, Stafford), suffered a very serious - to career threatening injury (Garrison Hearst, Tedy Bruschi, Greg Ellis, Pennington and Manning again) or a QB who was able to turn his career around (Brees, Kitna Maddox).
Harvin doesnt fit into any of those categories imo, but well see.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=shylo3716;3386932]Be easy my friend![/QUOTE

Easy like Sunday morning:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Watt, Aldon and Von all have decreased sack totals. I mean, that was just insane last year.
Right now, I'd say DPOY comes down to Watt or Von with how much they can impact a game.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Safe pick. I think they'll finally get a running game going with the additions of Franklin and Lacy and it'll open up Rodgers for even more awesomeness. He won't miss Jennings.

OPOTY: Marshawn Lynch

Beast mode activated. Russell Wilson and the additions in the passing game will cause teams to have to respect the air attack, making Lynch even that much more of a threat.

DPOTY: Cameron Wake

Homer pick, going with the best pass rusher in the league here. The addition of Jordan finally gives offenses another pass rusher to worry about and Wake leads the league in sacks.

OROTY: DeAndre Hopkins

I think one of the lineman will be the most deserving but we all know it goes to a skill position so I went with Hopkins because I think he's walking into the best situation of all the rookie skill position players that are pretty much guaranteed a starting position.

DROTY: Matt Elam

This was a toss-up between the two Ravens guys in Elam and Brown. Decided to go with Elam because he'll have the flashier stats.

CBPOTY: Darrelle Revis

He'll reclaim best CB in the league status.

Top UDFA Contributor: Stephon Morris

Ummm...idk, I just randomly picked someone. The Patriots have had an UDFA CB be a contributor every year in recent memory and he was criminally underrated in the draft community.

Coach: Chip Kelly

Shot in the dark here, I think Kelly will rejuvenate this Eagles team that has plenty of talent and just needed a change of pace. I'm predicting an Eagles return to the top of the NFC East here.

Executive: Jeff Ireland

What? Last offseason, Ireland finally started realizing and rectifying his (and Parcells') mistakes from the beginning of their regime. I think Ireland has put together back-to-back very good offseasons and Miami will make the playoffs this year, saving Ireland's job and finally getting some respect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bumping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Peyton Manning
Clear choice as the QB and he's in the best situation out of the other possible QB's.

OPOTY: Calvin Johnson
Don't think any of the other QB's will be good enough to win it and AP won't get as many yards as last year. Calvin does and gets it to make up for him not getting it last year.

DPOTY: JJ Watt
Continued dominance.

OROTY: Eddie Lacy
With DuJuan Harris going down and Franklin not looking so good, he'll be the clear #1 running back.

DROTY: Datone Jones
Picked him before the draft, so I have to stay with it now that he's a Packer!

CBPOTY: Darrelle Revis
Thinking he goes staright back to his old self.

COTY: Chip Kelly
Eventually me predicting the Eagles being good is going to pay off!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Matt Ryan- I think only Manning will challenge for this. But I'm predicting a huge statistical season for Ryan so that breaks the tie.
OPOY: Matt Ryan- I think he finishes 3rd in the league in yards but does it with more wins and fewer INTs than Brees and Stafford so he gets the edge.
DPOY: DeMarcus Ware- No reason, just my pick.
OROTY: EJ Manuel- Leads Buffalo to the playoffs while putting up numbers better than Wilson and RGIII had last year. Might even be unanimous.
DROTY: Jon Bostic- Usually this goes to a middle linebacker. Truthfully I think Arthur Brown gets it by playing better than Ray Lewis did last year, but I'll be a homer.
CPOTY: Carson Palmer- Not sure if he qualifies but Arizona finishes 2nd in the division and is in the playoff hunt all season and he gets it.
COTY: Chuck Pagano- Indianapolis finishes 2nd in the AFC. Coming back from cancer he is a lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote