Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ended up picking up Bryce Brown.

I'm intrigued by Chip Kelly's offense and I'm hoping Brown gets used a lot. Plus my starters have their byes in week 9 and 10. Philly plays Oakland and Green Bay those weeks.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So how major is this Brandon Marshall thing right now? Would you trade MJD for him?
Bueller?

+rep if that's what you're into.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be concerned at all about Marshall. I still think he gets you 100 catches...But what do I know
Old 08-29-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem is that trading MJD leaves me with Kendall Hunter and Bilal Powell as my backup RB's behind Shady and Gore.

Then again getting Marshall would push either Nicks or Wallace out of my starting lineup and I could use one of them to get some RB depth.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My only problem is that trading MJD leaves me with Kendall Hunter and Bilal Powell as my backup RB's behind Shady and Gore.

Then again getting Marshall would push either Nicks or Wallace out of my starting lineup and I could use one of them to get some RB depth.
How many WR's/RB's do you start and who else do you have at WR?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
How many WR's/RB's do you start and who else do you have at WR?
3 WR's/TE's and 2 RB's

Current receivers- Vincent Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt, and Chris Givens

I like Nicks and Wallace but both have question marks, Nicks with his injury concerns and Wallace with possible QB problems. Getting Marshall would give me two top 10 receivers while still keeping two top 15 backs in Gore and McCoy.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say that you should stand pat. Yes, Marshall makes you better, but at the expense of depth and security at the RB position. I think you are just fine at WR and RB now. The benefits of adding Marshall do not outweigh the costs of losing your RB3 for nothing.

Now, if you could include Gordon or Wallace and get a solid RB3 in return (like maybe a Vereen or Woodhead or something), you might be able to cobble together a win for your overall squad.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd try to trade a WR for a RB before trading your RB for Marshall, or like bsaza just said, see if you can throw in a WR and get a decent RB in return
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah I went through with it. This guy had Marshall/Calvin/Dez and Mendenhall/Isaac Redman as his starting RB's haha. He wasn't going to wait around for me too long if he got another good offer. And needless to say he didn't have any backup RB's worth my time.

I don't think I'm going to have much problem getting a decent backup RB for Nicks or Wallace and I'm more than happy with my WR depth even without whichever one I trade.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I went through with it. This guy had Marshall/Calvin/Dez and Mendenhall/Isaac Redman as his starting RB's haha. He wasn't going to wait around for me too long if he got another good offer. And needless to say he didn't have any backup RB's worth my time.

I don't think I'm going to have much problem getting a decent backup RB for Nicks or Wallace and I'm more than happy with my WR depth even without whichever one I trade.
Good for you. Take the stud every time.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Thinking about trading Roddy and Reggie Bush for a top tier RB, good or bad idea?

RB: Trent, Ridley, Bush, Tate, M. Bush, Bryce
WR: Roddy, Decker, Givens, Thompkins, Gordon

Good idea or bad? Who would you target?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would actually try to use my RB depth to target an upgrade at WR3. Givens or Thompkins or Gordon could pop, but we have no idea whether it will happen or not

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-29-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I would actually try to use my RB depth to target an upgrade at WR3. Givens or Thompkins or Gordon could pop, but we have no idea whether it will happen or not
I'm only starting two Receivers so I think I'm ok with starting Decker and Givens or Gordon and seeing how Thompkins develops.

I hate starting a WR at flex unless he's a Larry Fitzgerald or someone of that caliber. If I were to trade Roddy and Reggie for a WR, I would want Calvin in return, and I doubt I get him.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did the draft at my work. Tell me what you think:

QB.)Eli Manning
QB.)Andy Dalton
Reserve-Philip Rivers

RB.)Ray Rice
RB.)Alfred Morris
Reserve-Montee Ball
Reserve-Quiz Rodgers

WR-Demaryius Thomas
WR-Reggie Wayne
WR-Josh Gordon
Reserve-Stevie Johnson

TE-Vernon Davis
Reserve-Kyle Rudolph

K-Justin Tucker

D/ST- Ravens
Reserve-Cowboys
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Very short bench, but your team is in good shape. I personally don't draft backup TE's, so I would drop Rudolph and pick up another WR

Old 08-29-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Very short bench, but your team is in good shape. I personally don't draft backup TE's, so I would drop Rudolph and pick up another WR
I can only have the numbers i have above(I also have josh brown at k)

3 qb's
4 rb's
4 wr's
2 te's
2 k's
2 D/ST

I am a bit worried about my QB's....Everyone drafted Qb's 1-2 round(Hence why I got Alfred Morris)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Nothing wrong with that. I did a 12 team, 2 QB draft last night. I ended up with Rodgers (#3 pick), Vick (6th round), and Tannehill (8th) at QB.

Nothing wrong with having Eli and Dalton at QB if your RB's and WR's are good. I hate leagues that dictate an actual setup like that. It changes the game and restricts too much

Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Eli is pretty much perennially underrated in fantasy. We have a $140 budget and he regularly goes for 5 bucks or less. I forget this every single year.

He's a lock for 4,000 yards and 25-30 TD's, maybe better if Reuben Randle steps up this year.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3 WR's/TE's and 2 RB's

Current receivers- Vincent Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt, and Chris Givens

I like Nicks and Wallace but both have question marks, Nicks with his injury concerns and Wallace with possible QB problems. Getting Marshall would give me two top 10 receivers while still keeping two top 15 backs in Gore and McCoy.
I had Nicks and Wallace last year on the same team. It was so brutal. Wallace was ok, but inconsistent. and Hakeem Nicks is on my do not draft list after his **** stained 2012 season.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I had Nicks and Wallace last year on the same team. It was so brutal. Wallace was ok, but inconsistent. and Hakeem Nicks is on my do not draft list after his **** stained 2012 season.
Eh, they're my 3rd and 4th receivers. I imagine they were more than that last year. Nicks has 1,000 yard 10 TD potential if he avoids injuries, I'll take that as a fringe starter any day.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Nicks is in a contract year through brother.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did my live draft on Monday with my buddies and i got..

QB: Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers
RB: Marshawn Lynch, C.J Spiller, Giovani Bernard, Stephan Taylor
WR: Reggie Wayne, Tavon Austin, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith, T.Y Hilton, Chris Givens
TE: Jordan Cameron, Jared Cook, Zach Sudfeld
D: Buccaneers
K: Dan Bailey

its a 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX league

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like you probably could have gotten someone much better than Tavon Austin where you took him, he's the 3rd or 4th option right now

I would look to move some of the WR/TE depth for another RB, wouldn't expect much from Stepfan, Mendenhall should be the Cardinals workhorse

overall though its real good, Lynch & Spiller should carry you and a lot of upside at WR/TE

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I feel like you probably could have gotten someone much better than Tavon Austin where you took him, he's the 3rd or 4th option right now

I would look to move some of the WR/TE depth for another RB, wouldn't expect much from Stepfan, Mendenhall should be the Cardinals workhorse

overall though its real good, Lynch & Spiller should carry you and a lot of upside at WR/TE
I got Austin in the 12th round, which I thought was solid value for his upside. Mendenhall is a free agent so I might pick him up and drop Taylor. Thanks +rep

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Andre Brown broken leg. That just made Wilson a 2nd rounder for sure.