Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Join the Knicks movement bro. You won't regret it.

Don't listen to Forenci.
I hate the NBA. It's so awful. I tried.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I hate the NBA. It's so awful. I tried.
I understand. I feel the same way about baseball.

Speaking of which, my condolences on Matt Harvey. Met fans are destined to not ever have nice things.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand. I feel the same way about baseball.

Speaking of which, my condolences on Matt Harvey. Met fans are destined to not ever have nice things.
:(. My week has been ruined. I think I need to give up sports.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So in a weird twist of things I'm more confident in this team now after a loss than I originally was before the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm more confident going forward but good god did that one hurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Broke in a lot of young players. We were 10 point dogs and outplayed them almost. Offense looked unstoppable once James came in for Huggins. No DL Depth yesterday with 5, yes 5 DE's hurt. I'm pretty pumped and actually do think we can take Louisville on even though in the end we'll probably fall short again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only James had an extra gear. And yeah, he needs to get the majority of the carries. I hate to say it but I think Huggins is a bust.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed that I missed the game.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
If only James had an extra gear. And yeah, he needs to get the majority of the carries. I hate to say it but I think Huggins is a bust.
I do think he needs a better OL and 30 carries a game to be successful. Unfortunately it doesn't look he was here at the right time for that. If he was wrunning behind the 06,07,08 lines I think it's a different story.

Yeah James needed to score on those 2 long runs. Not killing him for it but last burst to outrun the defender.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm pissed that I missed the game.
Up till 3 wake up at 7 with heartbreak at the end. Don't be that pissed!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Noah Brown to Ohio State. Terrrrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but I really like our uniforms.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah the white ones from Saturday were awesome! I liked them last year also buta lot of the old crusty fans were complaining.

I still love the helmets as well. The chrome, the black matte, the white that was just debuted.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Can't wait for this game tomorrow. I wanted to go 1-1 against Fresno/Arkansas so this to me is a must win. Let's show the SEC what we're all about for the 2nd year in a row!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Comeback city!!! Awesome!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually pretty uncomfortable watching the game. All week I was shocked by how little concern was paid to Nova's concussion. I'm really surprised he played. He made some good throws in the end, but he had tons of dropped interceptions and questionable decisions. I said before the game started that I blame him for no mistakes he makes. With the lack of rest time and the hits he was taking, I have to imagine he was at least impaired to a minor level. I don't care how minor the concussion, he was practicing on Wednesday. Im a little disgusted.

Great comeback and win, but I really didn't enjoy it.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I was actually pretty uncomfortable watching the game. All week I was shocked by how little concern was paid to Nova's concussion. I'm really surprised he played. He made some good throws in the end, but he had tons of dropped interceptions and questionable decisions. I said before the game started that I blame him for no mistakes he makes. With the lack of rest time and the hits he was taking, I have to imagine he was at least impaired to a minor level. I don't care how minor the concussion, he was practicing on Wednesday. Im a little disgusted.

Great comeback and win, but I really didn't enjoy it.
I was for like 5 minutes but then I regained my composure and thoughts and realized how much time was left.

Nova is very very frustrating because he'll throw bullets right on the money and then the next play make a horrible decision for an almost INT. He's inconsistent but he's still our best QB by far at this juncture.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I was for like 5 minutes but then I regained my composure and thoughts and realized how much time was left.

Nova is very very frustrating because he'll throw bullets right on the money and then the next play make a horrible decision for an almost INT. He's inconsistent but he's still our best QB by far at this juncture.
Today I think he was more mindless than usual and, while it is crazy speculation, it seems reasonable to speculate that it may be related to the concussion. Every time he got hit or almost hit, I cringed. I really wasn't worried abut the game as much as I was hoping Nova wouldn't get hit.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The doctors cleared him and you have to trust that. He did take a god deal of hits because the OL is till somehow behind the pack but they wouldn't clear him if he really had a concussion.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I think its a bit naive to trust the doctors that are clearing athletes to return to the field. Even in this age of increased awareness, I just can't believe that it was in Nova's healths best interest to be back practicing a few days after a concussion and then play in a game a week later.

I always think of a player being clear to play the way a surgery is deemed a success. Often, the measure of success is if the patient survived, even if its a minor surgery that doesn't have much inherent risk to a patients life. I imagine if it wasn't the starting quarterback, he would be sitting out longer than 10 minutes.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul James has done nothing but impress me this year. He may not be a home run hitter but he very quietly chews up yardage. The more the team rides him the larger the windows get for Nova when guys start creeping in the box.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Paul James has done nothing but impress me this year. He may not be a home run hitter but he very quietly chews up yardage. The more the team rides him the larger the windows get for Nova when guys start creeping in the box.
Got hurt twice. Haven't heard anything about it yet but am praying it's not bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I think its a bit naive to trust the doctors that are clearing athletes to return to the field. Even in this age of increased awareness, I just can't believe that it was in Nova's healths best interest to be back practicing a few days after a concussion and then play in a game a week later.

I always think of a player being clear to play the way a surgery is deemed a success. Often, the measure of success is if the patient survived, even if its a minor surgery that doesn't have much inherent risk to a patients life. I imagine if it wasn't the starting quarterback, he would be sitting out longer than 10 minutes.
You might be right but the hit last week didn't even look bad. He played 6 more plays after it. It could have just been all precaution. We just dont know unless we're in the room.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well with the Giants being terrible it looks like I'll be be pinning my football hopes with Rutgers this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Just announced a new 4 game series with Temple starting in 2020.

sig by BoneKrusher