Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-20-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just freed up some money by selling NFLX, what are your thoughts on AAPL & FB? I've had both in the past but sold prior to this latest surge, did I miss the party or is there still money to be made?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm considering FB as well, but am also worried about buying in after a jump. I do think that they will beat earnings next quarter though and there should be some upside. Potential for volatility though for sure.

I own AAPL, but it's up like 33% in the last month or two, so I'm not sure I would say it's a buy right now. It depends how long you want to hold it for. I think there should be some upside soon as the announce the new iPhone/whatever else they might announce. If you just want to try to make a quick 5% it's probably a pretty good pick, but again, you never know. Investors could react poorly to whatever they announce. Personally I would bet on AAPL touching $525 in a few weeks. I think it could level out at $550-$600 for awhile after whatever they announce this fall. Doesn't seem like there will be a new product this fall, but speculation, and a solid iPhone announcement should keep it there I think. So I guess my true opinion is that it's a decent buy. Long term, it just depends if you think they can create another must-have product.

Who knows, we'll see. Should be interesting.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Good thread. Probably should come with a disclaimer that none of us are experts and even those guys get it wrong quite often.

If you're just starting out it's really a great opportunity to accumulate wealth over a long period of time but you probably need to be patient and ride out the good times with the bad.
Completely agree. Picking stocks is very similar to gambling. Picking an index that you perpetually invest in over the long-term is investing.

(I'm a bit of a gambler)
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I'm considering FB as well, but am also worried about buying in after a jump. I do think that they will beat earnings next quarter though and there should be some upside. Potential for volatility though for sure.

I own AAPL, but it's up like 33% in the last month or two, so I'm not sure I would say it's a buy right now. It depends how long you want to hold it for. I think there should be some upside soon as the announce the new iPhone/whatever else they might announce. If you just want to try to make a quick 5% it's probably a pretty good pick, but again, you never know. Investors could react poorly to whatever they announce. Personally I would bet on AAPL touching $525 in a few weeks. I think it could level out at $550-$600 for awhile after whatever they announce this fall. Doesn't seem like there will be a new product this fall, but speculation, and a solid iPhone announcement should keep it there I think. So I guess my true opinion is that it's a decent buy. Long term, it just depends if you think they can create another must-have product.

Who knows, we'll see. Should be interesting.
I had AAPL early on in the rally, but sold prematurely. I still made a decent amount so I'm not saddened that I sold early and cost myself more money. Are there any other stocks besides AAPL and FB you like right now that I can research?

Or any industry I should be looking into?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I had AAPL early on in the rally, but sold prematurely. I still made a decent amount so I'm not saddened that I sold early and cost myself more money. Are there any other stocks besides AAPL and FB you like right now that I can research?

Century Link and Intel have some room to run and they both pay a nice little dividend. They also might be fairly safe havens in a downturn.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been reading several books on Stock research. I'm just getting into it. Right now, it seems a bit overwhelming.

Can you guys recommend good reading material on the subject?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Snowball Effect is a fantastic read.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I've been reading several books on Stock research. I'm just getting into it. Right now, it seems a bit overwhelming.

Most of Jim Cramers books are pretty decent, some are more of a biography while others are more tips and stuff. I forget which are which, I've read several by him though so you might do a little research about him
Old 08-22-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

I'm not sure what industry you are in, but another good thing to do is actually talk to someone who trades stock/shares etc on a professional level. Only reason I have a small amount of knowledge on the industry is because my father trading stock/shares/options for 25 odd years.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:

I feel good about MGAM if it pulls back a little bit before next earnings. It's had positive surprise for like 10 quarters in a row, and I expect this summer to be good for the entire gambling industry. Small company with good growth and its P/E isn't crazy.

I think AMZN and GOOG are pretty good and safe bets. No reason for AMZN to slow down its growth anytime soon. Economies of scale will keep improving the business and it will be almost impossible to compete. Basically Wal-Mart of the Internet. GOOG just has so many smart people working for them that they are bound to find new ways to grow. Self driving cars, google fiber, chromecast, laptops. The list goes on and on. I don't own either of these stocks right now, but want to and wish I did.

I bought more TSLA yesterday at $147. Risky, but it's impossible not to love the product they are putting out and the innovation that Elon Musk brings. I just like the company, so I want to build a long-term position in it. Maybe not the best way to pick stocks, but it feels good to be a miniscule part of something that is at the least very cool, and at the most, revolutionary.

If KORS falls below $70, it would be a pretty good buy. They are going to keep having positive surprises. If you can get in around $68, if nothing in the macro market changes, should be pretty easy to make 10% in the next quarter. It has been consistently spiking after earnings surprises and then correcting a little bit between earnings, so if that happens it could make you some money.

Then there are the 3d printing stocks which I really want to invest in long-term. Another chance at revolutionary. XONE IPO investors are allowed to sell their shares pretty soon, I believe August 30th, so I am hoping that creates a nice dip to buy at. We'll see.

Having said all this, it would be unwise to listen to a random guy on the internet for investing advice. If any of them interest you, investigate them more, read the bull and bear arguments, and see what you agree with.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm not sure what industry you are in, but another good thing to do is actually talk to someone who trades stock/shares etc on a professional level. Only reason I have a small amount of knowledge on the industry is because my father trading stock/shares/options for 25 odd years.
Like day-trading or like portfolio management?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I feel good about MGAM if it pulls back a little bit before next earnings. It's had positive surprise for like 10 quarters in a row, and I expect this summer to be good for the entire gambling industry. Small company with good growth and its P/E isn't crazy.

I think AMZN and GOOG are pretty good and safe bets. No reason for AMZN to slow down its growth anytime soon. Economies of scale will keep improving the business and it will be almost impossible to compete. Basically Wal-Mart of the Internet. GOOG just has so many smart people working for them that they are bound to find new ways to grow. Self driving cars, google fiber, chromecast, laptops. The list goes on and on. I don't own either of these stocks right now, but want to and wish I did.

I bought more TSLA yesterday at $147. Risky, but it's impossible not to love the product they are putting out and the innovation that Elon Musk brings. I just like the company, so I want to build a long-term position in it. Maybe not the best way to pick stocks, but it feels good to be a miniscule part of something that is at the least very cool, and at the most, revolutionary.

If KORS falls below $70, it would be a pretty good buy. They are going to keep having positive surprises. If you can get in around $68, if nothing in the macro market changes, should be pretty easy to make 10% in the next quarter. It has been consistently spiking after earnings surprises and then correcting a little bit between earnings, so if that happens it could make you some money.

Then there are the 3d printing stocks which I really want to invest in long-term. Another chance at revolutionary. XONE IPO investors are allowed to sell their shares pretty soon, I believe August 30th, so I am hoping that creates a nice dip to buy at. We'll see.

Having said all this, it would be unwise to listen to a random guy on the internet for investing advice. If any of them interest you, investigate them more, read the bull and bear arguments, and see what you agree with.
Thanks for the stocks, did some research but am currently sitting outside of the market looking in. I hate doing it, but sometimes If I'm undecided it's the best thing to do. It looks like that TSLA buy has worked out pretty good for you. It's $166 right now.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the stocks, did some research but am currently sitting outside of the market looking in. I hate doing it, but sometimes If I'm undecided it's the best thing to do. It looks like that TSLA buy has worked out pretty good for you. It's $166 right now.
Man, I saw TSLA at $100 and thought it would sell off a lot after it soared 20% during its conference call. I was way wrong on that. It dropped 7% the next day and I thought I made the right call but once it hit $93, it hasn't stopped much on its way to almost $170.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I personally invest in physical precious metals and store it in different safe deposit boxes. Besides that, land (not real estate) is a pretty good investment imo. Buy some land and lease it to farmers who are in need of more farmland, but also cash. I feel pretty confident that the stock rally is about to come to an abrupt end sooner than we expect. Once the Fed decides to go through with the taper it's going to be a war zone if you're in stocks.The Fed would love to get out of the QE, but they've put themselves in a real bad situation.
Know of good spots to sell gold and silver? It seems like I am stuck with 3 options: Sell on eBay and pay the paypal/ebay fees, take a big hit and sell to the "We Buy Gold and Silver" places, or hope the economy collapses and we go to the gold standard.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Man, I saw TSLA at $100 and thought it would sell off a lot after it soared 20% during its conference call. I was way wrong on that. It dropped 7% the next day and I thought I made the right call but once it hit $93, it hasn't stopped much on its way to almost $170.
I thought the exact same. $100 is a pretty significant emotional barrier haha, I figured it wouldn't spike much above that for awhile. Almost bought some at $95 but decided against it. Then it kept going up, and I decided to say screw it and take the risk. Sucks watching stock you wanted to buy go up. I'm already mad at myself for not buying FB and one of the 3d stocks a couple weeks ago like I was talking about. They are all up about 10% from that point.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Know of good spots to sell gold and silver? It seems like I am stuck with 3 options: Sell on eBay and pay the paypal/ebay fees, take a big hit and sell to the "We Buy Gold and Silver" places, or hope the economy collapses and we go to the gold standard.
Well, you could sell it to me :) If you're looking for a broader audience try http://forums.silverstackers.com/index.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the gubmint shuts down for a while, what does that do to the stock market?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If the gubmint shuts down for a while, what does that do to the stock market?
The first day of the shutdown, the market did well but I think overall it will go down the longer this happens.

Oh, and for anyone with a brokerage account that allows shorting, you should short Tesla. Up 400% on the year and now has awful news with that fire in Seattle. Today was ugly for them in the market.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much do you guys usually keep in your Savings/Checking accounts? I've heard a suggestion of keeping enough to live off of for 3-6 months as an emergency fund, but curious what you guys do.

Currently I'm maxing out my 401k and pretty much everything else is going into savings because I'm planning on buying a house soon. After the house purchase I'm thinking of keeping about $30,000 in savings while aggressively paying off the house and investing the rest. Is this way too much for savings? Not enough?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy Land

End of thread

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
How much do you guys usually keep in your Savings/Checking accounts? I've heard a suggestion of keeping enough to live off of for 3-6 months as an emergency fund, but curious what you guys do.

Currently I'm maxing out my 401k and pretty much everything else is going into savings because I'm planning on buying a house soon. After the house purchase I'm thinking of keeping about $30,000 in savings while aggressively paying off the house and investing the rest. Is this way too much for savings? Not enough?
I have pretty rock-solid job security, so I don't worry about keeping too much in savings. My checking account usually has between 2 and 3 months of salary in it, depending on how much I spent the previous pay period. That isn't expenses but actual net-pay. I'm not sure how many months of expenses that equates to. Each pay check, I also put $350 in the money market. At the end of the year, I do something with the accumulated money. 2010 was spent on my honey moon, 2011 was spent on paying off some debt, 2012 was a home down payment, and 2013 will be opening up an IRA and paying off my car.

I personally think $30,000 is quite a bit to have in a savings account which will give you virtually no return. If you want your money available, I'd talk to an advisor to get some short-term funds you can invest in. They probably won't get more than 2% but that's better than what you'd get from a CD or savings account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone get in on the Twitter IPO? I sort of slept through the opening (literally) and decided to wait for a pullback. Hoping to jump in around 35$ a share. Any thoughts from the business crowd in here?
Old 11-08-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone get in on the Twitter IPO? I sort of slept through the opening (literally) and decided to wait for a pullback. Hoping to jump in around 35$ a share. Any thoughts from the business crowd in here?
I want in this bad boy and have no idea where to start! Always wanted to make money through investing.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I want in this bad boy and have no idea where to start! Always wanted to make money through investing.
If by you don't know where to start means literally, you could just go to a Charles Schwab and open up a brokerage account.

As for how the IPO goes the general thinking is you get the initial spike then at some point there is a pullback and that is a good time to jump in. No guarantee of that though. I talked to my guy this morning and we agreed to buy at 35.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If by you don't know where to start means literally, you could just go to a Charles Schwab and open up a brokerage account.

As for how the IPO goes the general thinking is you get the initial spike then at some point there is a pullback and that is a good time to jump in. No guarantee of that though. I talked to my guy this morning and we agreed to buy at 35.
How many did you buy?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote