Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer as a GM?
Tajh Boyd 36 90.00%
Braxton Miller 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tajh Boyd or Braxton Miller?

When I look at both of these players I see some pretty striking similarities although they certainly have some significant differences in their profiles as prospects. They're both well-built but on the relatively short side, and have plus athleticism and strong arms. I also have seen both of them make some really accurate passes on the move which is necessary for athletic, improvisational players, as both of them are.

Obviously, Miller is the "rawer" of the two, but he also has higher athletic ability and hasn't had the same level of development since he plays for Urban Meyer and Meyer likes to use his quarterbacks like running backs. Miller doesn't make nearly the reads that Boyd does, but he's also got the requisite toughness and composure to make plays under duress and the projection with him is to whether he can digest an NFL playbook and grow to understand and react to the complexity of NFL defenses. Tajh has a leg up on him here, but I also think he's more of a finished product at this point and the way he plays now is probably going to basically be his NFL style as well. Boyd has nice mobility, but won't really be a running threat in the NFL, while I think Miller can be. I've been seeing some Miller love around here lately, and I like Boyd myself. Aside from the preliminary thoughts I've written above, I'm interested in what people think about both of them and how they compare. Basically, for me it amounts to a comparison of two prospects who would both make sense for NFL offenses which benefit from a QB having good mobility and the ability to make deep vertical throws, with Boyd being the more polished player but Miller perhaps having greater potential in that he has superior athleticism and has more room to gain from NFL coaching.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote