Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-02-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers traded Cam Johnson to the Colts for a undisclosed draft pick.

Oh and apparently Seneca Wallace didn't retire? Because he's with the Packers now.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
We got Chris Harper from Seattle.
And to make roster space we traded Cam Johnson to the Colts for a 7th.

I think i'd have rather kept a young pass rusher with potential than a DL like Tuakufu or an ILB like Stupar. But w/e. I guess this move shows he wasn't going to make the team until he beasted against the Chargers.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 49ers traded Cam Johnson to the Colts for a undisclosed draft pick.

Oh and apparently Seneca Wallace didn't retire? Because he's with the Packers now.
Yea, he basically blasted JH and called him a liar a couple of days ago..
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, Cam showed up the last game but overall, he didn't really have a stellar preseason. I think we have plenty of OLB depth with Skuta and Lemonier. The fact that they flipped Cam's one good game into a conditonal 7th rounder(which could end up being a 6th) just shows how saavy Baalke is.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was wondering if Wallace and Harbaugh had some beef going on. Shame. I wanted Wallace to compete for Colt McCoy's spot.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers, like us, are really hurting for backup QB's. If we had waived BJ Daniels (which we weren't going to, just a hypothetical) i'm very confident they would have placed a waiver claim for him.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Daniels would have been snatched up so quick. He has loads of potential and I can't wait to see where he is a year for now. Maybe he can push for the 2nd string spot at that time. I wonder how many reps he'll get in practice during the course of the season.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Cooper and Hall picked up by the Chiefs

Gray picked up bu the Browns

Lockette picked up by the Bears

Tolizen picked up by the Packers

Robinson headed to the Eagles

The NFL loves our leftovers...
Also- Al Netter to the Titans PS, Kenny Wiggins to the Chargers PS (both were on our PS last year). And now Cam traded to the Colts (probably wouldn't have cleared waivers..)
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Daniels would have been snatched up so quick. He has loads of potential and I can't wait to see where he is a year for now. Maybe he can push for the 2nd string spot at that time. I wonder how many reps he'll get in practice during the course of the season.
3rd string QB is usually the scout team QB. The off-season is where he'll have a chance to make strides and JH will get to a chance to work on his mechanics and mold him.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Harper signing. I raved about him being the Delanie Walker-type pre-draft. Let's hope he can contribute. Worst-case is Baalke changed a 7th round draft pick who wouldn't see the field before being cut into a 4th round draft pick, playing time TBD and a conditional draft pick.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading away Johnson was to free up roster space move for Harper. Not bad though. A 7th rounder for a fourth string OLB isnt bad at all.

Wallace signing with the Packers isnt a surprise. He'll be Rodgers veteran backup with Tolzien being on the practice squad. Of course, the only reason the Packers acquired those two guys is because they come to SF in five days.

Overall, the only player we lost to waivers that I was hoping to keep was Cooper. Release wise, just Jennings. McDermott better not screw up.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

It will be interesting to see if Harper makes an impact on the roster. He has the body of Anquan Boldin. When Crabtree and/or Manningham come back someone is going to have to get the boot though correct?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-03-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if Harper makes an impact on the roster. He has the body of Anquan Boldin. When Crabtree and/or Manningham come back someone is going to have to get the boot though correct?
I'm going out on a limb and will suggest that Harper is a replacement for Grey. I think they needed another young H-Back prospect to develop. I think they really liked Grey as developmental player but just couldnt justifiy him being one of the 53 best players, though I think they were hoping he would clear waivers. Harper doesn't have Delaine Walker's speed but he has his athleticism and he looks to me, like a guy we develop to take on that type of role. McDonald and Harper could be looked at as the future for the TE position. Don't think they view him as a WR.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-03-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm going out on a limb and will suggest that Harper is a replacement for Grey. I think they needed another young H-Back prospect to develop. I think they really liked Grey as developmental player but just couldnt justifiy him being one of the 53 best players, though I think they were hoping he would clear waivers. Harper doesn't have Delaine Walker's speed but he has his athleticism and he looks to me, like a guy we develop to take on that type of role. McDonald and Harper could be looked at as the future for the TE position. Don't think they view him as a WR.
Isn't Harper faster and more athletic than Walker? He also has longer arms. I think Harper ran a sub 4.5 40, he looks fast on film.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walker had a little better combine especially taking into acount he was heavier.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the beat writers have reported that Harper will play the HBack role that Delanie Walker played.

Their measureables as rookies are nearly identical.

Walker - 6'1" 240 | 4.49 40
Harper - 6'1" 236 | 4.50 40

Harper is a much better blocker than Delanie was as a rookie (although Delanie got very good) and Harper had the highest Wonderlic of any WR in this year's Combine.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he can catch better

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Walker drove me nuts with his drops. I still remember the touchdown pass he dropped against the Rams.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Walker drove me nuts with his drops. I still remember the touchdown pass he dropped against the Rams.
And in the playoffs I member he was money.

Completely undependable.

Who ever steps into his role is a likely upgrade.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I wanted to like him cause he's so damn talented, but couldn't trust him. Too bad. If he ever fixed his hands, he could be a monster.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
And in the playoffs I member he was money.

Completely undependable.
Yes generally he was undependable because you didn't know which Walker would show up that day.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

So the 49ers worked out John Skelton of all people today. The trade for McCoy just keeps looking worse and worse.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I completely disagree about Walker. Sure he dropped like 1/4 of the balls that came his way, but that wasn't alot. He was an absolute stud in every facet aside from his hands. He wasn't a primary target so his other contributions should be considered more important (which they were by the team) but most fans just seem to see him as a receiver who couldn't catch.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so cool, something Green Bay, and Dallas, and nobody else can compete with.
Very jealous of this there.... http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...721.html#lapse
Old 09-03-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Yes. Tired of hearing about it on the radio every single day.

Quote: