Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Colts Regular Season Thread

It's that time of the year.

Let's talk about the Raiders. Who will be their starting QB? How do we match-up against them?

I hope that I will be starting a "Colts' Playoffs" thread this season.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect to shellac the Raiders. I don't want it to be close.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here. I would be really encouraged for us to run the ball effectively.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We traded a conditional 7th for San Fran OLB Cam Johnson. I wonder who we drop to make room.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Also, Bradshaw is set to play opening day vs. the Raiders. Castonzo should also be ready.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lts-on-sunday/

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We traded a conditional 7th for San Fran OLB Cam Johnson. I wonder who we drop to make room.
It better not be Ceasar. I will be really pissed.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-02-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It would be incredibly dumb to get rid of him for another unproven pass rusher.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What happened to Coltfreaks, killxswitch?

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

New server, they're starting from scratch. The new site is here: http://coltfreaks.com/phpbb/index.php

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just registered. Hopefully this time it works. I need more colts talk.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Pryor is the starter. That sucks, I wanted Matt Flynn to get a shot.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Irrevelvant Justice Cunningham was waived to make room for the OLB we acquired in a trade with the 49ers.

I'm expecting a big win on Sunday as well. Let's see how well our pass rush attacks. Be cool to see some blitzs work in a game now that the D has Pag's style of players on it.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope Grigson is still actively looking for OL help. I'm not comfortable with the current group at all.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Assuming Castonzo is actually healthy, I'm happy with the left side of the line. Donald Thomas has looked pretty good to me in pre-season. Satele and McGlynn are both terrible, I hope they just leave Thornton in. And Cherilous has not looked like a $35 million dollar RT. I expect him to tighten it up. Hopefully both Thornton and Holmes can take the starting jobs away from McGlynn and Satele.

Our depth is not very good either, especially tackle depth. I really hate that they cut Ijalana.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy enough at Tackle, especially if Anthony Castonzo is healthy. He's been one of the stars of the offseason and seemed to keep that momentum going into the preseason. Gosder Cherilus was poor against Paul Kruger but beyond that has looked at least decent in what I've seen of him. It is a shame the team cut Ijalana as I thought he did well in what limited opportunities he had. I thought Link was a tale of two positions. At Tackle he was solid through out the entirity of preseason. At Guard (which he played against Cleveland) he was dross.

Center is a worry. Khaled Holmes was poor (but not bad for a rookie who has shopped an injury for most of the offseason) while Samson Satele was pretty bad.

The same at Guard. Donald Thomas looked good (especially in pass protection) but Hugh Thornton wasn't great (but against not bad for a rookie who has shopped an injury for most of the offseason), while Mike McGlynn has been Mike McGlynn. And similarly why Link played well at Tackle he was terrible at Guard.

So promise from the O-Line (and an improved line compared to last season) but still some worries in there.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm not high on Holmes. I doubt he will be the future answer at center. I do think Thornton will figure it out. He needs reps. He is clearly physically superior to McGlynn and I expect him to take McGlynn's starting spot before the bye week.

I wish the team would've kept Ijalana, cut McGlynn, and let Reitz and Thornton battle for the RG spot. Reitz has no business playing tackle. Ijalana and to a lesser extent Linkenbach are the only players I trusted to fill in at either tackle spot.

Hopefully Hamilton can game plan around the terrible OL. I really don't understand why the coaching staff are being stubborn about McGlynn specifically.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ok, this could potentially be a REALLY STUPID move.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...oys-from-colts

Why? Well, I hope Cam Johnson is better. They seem to think so.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-03-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am trying to be positive about it. Rayford showed real promise, but mainly as a pass-rushing 4-3 DE. He did look awkward in space, and he is already 27. They got Cam Johnson, who is 23 and already has a year of practice at OLB, for almost nothing. I am hoping we got at least a 5th for Rayford. I still would've liked to see what Rayford could develop into. But this is not as dumb as say trading away AQ Shipley for nothing.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Yeah for me it has to do with what pick we got. Anything less than a 6th is upsetting.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm guessing 6th or 7th in 2015. Not a great trade IMO. Yeah it's nice to take an undrafted guy and flip him for a pick, but getting a 6th or 7th in 2015 is not much different than cutting him. I don't like giving up promising players for nothing.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully they get good production out of Johnson.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-08-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Not exactly a spectacular performance, but a win is a win.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Bad coaching. How were they not ready for Pryor's running? How did they stay in base defense so long instead of benching Sheppard and putting in another corner so Landry could come down to spy on Pryor? I'm worried about our pass rush this year. Mathis did nothing. Luck/Hamilton also need to make the D pay for bringing 6+ pass rushers. Hot read, screen, something. Too many unnecessary plays made or almost made in our backfield and it wasn't all the OL's fault.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck pulled out another one for the team. The offense seemed way to vanilla. With two speedsters like DHB or Hilton I expected some more shots deep(the one deep ball to hilton should have been PI). They seem to deadset on establishing the running game. Saw a stat about Pagano that said 3 out of his 6 games coached he has given up an 11-14 point lead.

Edit: Also Dwight Freenet had .5 a sack last night verse the texans.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Luck pulled out another one for the team. The offense seemed way to vanilla. With two speedsters like DHB or Hilton I expected some more shots deep(the one deep ball to hilton should have been PI). They seem to deadset on establishing the running game. Saw a stat about Pagano that said 3 out of his 6 games coached he has given up an 11-14 point lead.

Edit: Also Dwight Freenet had .5 a sack last night verse the texans.
Aye but in 4 of the 5 regular season games the Colts have played under Pagano they had a double digit lead to give up. In 12 games under Bruce Arians they only had a double digit lead on 3 occasions (and gave it up once as well).

Also in those 4 games that Pagano has coached where the team have built a double digit lead, despite the fact that they gave that lead up in 3 of them, the Colts are 3-1 in those games. And in the 1 game that they lost the team were absolutely screwed by the refs.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote