Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-30-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Nicks having a contract year do you think he's a good breakout candidate for fantasy purposes or will he not help himself and get hurt again?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
With Nicks having a contract year do you think he's a good breakout candidate for fantasy purposes or will he not help himself and get hurt again?
I don't think it has anything to do with contract. If healthy he's always been a stud, if not then he'll do well but miss some games here and there. I don't think he's going to push himself any harder than he ever has because he's a FA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr cut. Guess the team acknowledges that we're totally ****** if Eli goes down anyway, so might as well throw the kid out there and see if he can keep us from drafting Clowney.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what went wrong with marvin austin? scheme-fit, lazy etc?
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
what went wrong with marvin austin? scheme-fit, lazy etc?
when he was drafted he was already a year out of football. We hoped his raw skill would be molded for the NFL. Instead we saw flashes but nothing consistent. It's hard enough making it in the NFL. When you don't play 1 year and come into NFL football your chances are tougher. Not only do you need to get in shape quickly, but now you have to process more information and deal with NFL caliber players right away.

We saw flashes but nothing consistent and we went with hungrier veterans instead of high potential draft pick who has only flashed here and there.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin also got hurt his rookie year to make that one year out of football two, and his work ethic wasn't the same as someone like Robert Quinn who managed to not lose much during his time off the field. Still curious whether Marvin's finally seen the light and manages to scrape together a career, but I disliked the pick at the time and I still have little faith in him making it with any team.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a glimmer of hope for the guy after the 2nd preseason game. Maybe he was turning the corner. But I guess it was too little too late.

I never liked the draft pick. Honestly I hated it, I thought he was going to be a bust and he turned out to be just that.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I had a glimmer of hope for the guy after the 2nd preseason game. Maybe he was turning the corner. But I guess it was too little too late.

I never liked the draft pick. Honestly I hated it, I thought he was going to be a bust and he turned out to be just that.
There are a lot of picks that have been purged from our roster.

No more..

Austin, Clint S., and now Barden. Can JJ be next in future seasons? Those picks have been big time swing and misses.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reverse Planet Theory strikes again.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
when he was drafted he was already a year out of football. We hoped his raw skill would be molded for the NFL. Instead we saw flashes but nothing consistent. It's hard enough making it in the NFL. When you don't play 1 year and come into NFL football your chances are tougher. Not only do you need to get in shape quickly, but now you have to process more information and deal with NFL caliber players right away.

We saw flashes but nothing consistent and we went with hungrier veterans instead of high potential draft pick who has only flashed here and there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Austin also got hurt his rookie year to make that one year out of football two, and his work ethic wasn't the same as someone like Robert Quinn who managed to not lose much during his time off the field. Still curious whether Marvin's finally seen the light and manages to scrape together a career, but I disliked the pick at the time and I still have little faith in him making it with any team.
well i don't think him being a year out of football or being injured his rookie year is a valid reason his career hasn't taken off, b/c dez bryant missed a whole year of football and missed all of training camp his rookie year b/c he got injured the first week of camp, yet he was in the running for roy and he's becoming one of the best wr in the game. but a lack work ethic makes alot sense.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
well i don't think him being a year out of football or being injured his rookie year is a valid reason his career hasn't taken off, b/c dez bryant missed a whole year of football and missed all of training camp his rookie year b/c he got injured the first week of camp, yet he was in the running for roy and he's becoming one of the best wr in the game. but a lack work ethic makes alot sense.
Well Austin and Dez are two different people in life. You can't apply one personal reason and say because person B has no issues with that aspect of his life, that person A should be fine.

Clearly all these reasons were a factor otherwise he would be on the team. All the stuff mentioned in a previous post was a spot on. All that contributed to him getting cut this year. He showed flashes but never put it together. In the end we went with veteran players who flashed and have had a history of success in the NFL over a player with potential who never really put it together.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a fantasy draft 10 team league (not PPR) and took David Wilson over Aaron Rodgers in Round 3. WTF was I thinking??? I ended up with Stafford/Vick. :P

David Wilson better light it up this year!!!

Ended up with:
QB Stafford/Vick
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB David Wilson
WR Dez Bryant
WR Marcus Colston
TE Vernon Davis
RB/WR Demarco Murray/Hakeem Nicks/Mike Wallace
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I think he has the potential to be a big time home run hitter. We haven't hadd a RB like that since Tiki. I think he is a lot faster than Tiki too. So if Wilson sees daylight it's game over. Tiki, because of the high and tight, way of holding the ball could get caught from behind. Bradshaw, while very quick, got tackled from behind if it was a foot race too. Wilson's ability is something we fans haven't seen in a long while.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Still silly to take him over Rodgers unless fantasy football works even sillier than I thought it did, but yeah, with brown out Wilson will get every opportunity to go nuts and his explosiveness is crazy.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think he has the potential to be a big time home run hitter. We haven't hadd a RB like that since Tiki. I think he is a lot faster than Tiki too. So if Wilson sees daylight it's game over. Tiki, because of the high and tight, way of holding the ball could get caught from behind. Bradshaw, while very quick, got tackled from behind if it was a foot race too. Wilson's ability is something we fans haven't seen in a long while.
I think Wilson could be a Tiki style of running back, but with blazing speed that Tiki never had.

Let's not forget it took Tiki a few years to come into his own. We drafted Tiki in the second round in 97. Just look at the RBs we drafted in 98 to2000.

What gets me is that the coaches keep on with how explosive Wilson is. He is going ro change how teams De fend agaibst us.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Still silly to take him over Rodgers unless fantasy football works even sillier than I thought it did, but yeah, with brown out Wilson will get every opportunity to go nuts and his explosiveness is crazy.
QBs who produce well are very easy to find vs. RBs who produce well.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In one league my WRs kick ass but my RBs suck, the other league my RBs kick ass but my WRs suck.

If they could join forces I'd have the greatest fantasy team ever.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with Brown out, Wells, Dwyer, Hightower, Grant and Kevin Smith are all apparently on the Giants radar. Wells and Dwyer have worked out for the team too. Dwyer wouldn't be a bad pick-up to help Wilson shoulder the load and Hightower would be a nice pick-up for passing downs to make up for what we lost in pass pro. from the RB position. I'd be fine with either one

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

#FreeJacobs
Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#FreeJacobs
So much of this. It makes too much sense and he had the whole year off so he's fresh and ready to go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jacobs wasn't allowed to talk, I'd have no issue bringing him back.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't mind his talking. We need some attitude.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think Wilson could be a Tiki style of running back, but with blazing speed that Tiki never had.

Let's not forget it took Tiki a few years to come into his own. We drafted Tiki in the second round in 97. Just look at the RBs we drafted in 98 to2000.

What gets me is that the coaches keep on with how explosive Wilson is. He is going ro change how teams De fend agaibst us.
Tiki had good speed, but fits the mold of a scat back. Once he became a full time back, and had more success TC era, he never was as fast. One example I remember was that Seattle overtime game. Tiki broke free and it was a foot race and he got caught from behind.

I am interested to see how he does this year now.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't mind his talking. We need some attitude.

Attitude is fine, but a lot of his talking was about internal crap, and thats not the headlines we need. Call someone out for not working hard, I can get that. Whine about not getting the ball, classless.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

He is done and stinks. I want no part of him on this team. Let some other team pick him up if he has anything left in the tank. Clearly, no one thinks much of him now, and whatever currency he had he burned with his antics in SF.