Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You mean that after he signed his deal he cant stay healthy? Same complaint you had with many others? MmmmmK!
Really, find me a complaint about a guy staying healthy.

I simply think Rat is dogging it since he hates Jerry. That is not a complaint of health, but team culture and Rat himself.

The only other player I can remember saying anything remotely and bringing up health is Sean Lee. But once again, the issue there is not health but fact is he is 27/28 and he got a big contract that takes him well into his thirties. And ergo, lots of cap hit well into his 30s when he is even more likely to be hurt and not produce.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 09-04-2013 at 07:53 AM.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lee contract is probably one of the worst examples to prove your point. It's got all types of language that protects the Boys from Lee being injury prone. He's only paid like a top tier LB if he's on the field...He's in(or nearing) his prime, so if he's not injured and plays like he's shown he's capable of....then there's no doubt in my mind it'll be a contract that's not indicative of "Jerry's ineptitude".

It's basically like Ratliff's first contract...which in hindsight was great value for his production...it's Rat's 2nd contract that Jerry flubbed on.

Anyways...thoughts for the game guys?

Cowboys win going away...
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 7h
Per @ESPNStatsInfo, only WRs in NFL history to have at least 200 catches, 2,500 yards, 25 TD in 1st 3 yrs: Rice, Moss, Rison and @DezBryant
Havent you heard? He only looks good in shorts

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
You mean the guy who was immediately demoted the day Jerry drafted Dez Bryant? Like Carpenter, the minute they drafted Spencer, he got demoted. Austin has won us more games than Dez. Of that I am sure.

So ............. you can bark all you want but I have been right and you have been wrong about this team for 7 years.

BTW, no mention of your eldest (or youngest) boys in some time? Why is that?
I think you're confusing things. Dez started off as the #3 WR. Ultimately he demoted Roy Williams. But he didn't "demote" Austin the day he was drafted. Then Dez and Miles were both starters. Injuries have taken a toll on both but Miles moreso than Dez. Dez only emerged as the #1 last season. Rightfully so.

Now we all know how wrong you were on Dez. Sorry that he's not a bust. Sorry that Anthony Spencer turned out better than your boy Barbie Carpenter. How you can criticize the Cowboys for that move is beyond me.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really, find me a complaint about a guy staying healthy.

I simply think Rat is dogging it since he hates Jerry. That is not a complaint of health, but team culture and Rat himself.

The only other player I can remember saying anything remotely and bringing up health is Sean Lee. But once again, the issue there is not health but fact is he is 27/28 and he got a big contract that takes him well into his thirties. And ergo, lots of cap hit well into his 30s when he is even more likely to be hurt and not produce.
Sean Lee is the epitome of everything we want out of a LB. LBs can play well into their 30s. Let's stop acting naive here.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 7h
Per @ESPNStatsInfo, only WRs in NFL history to have at least 200 catches, 2,500 yards, 25 TD in 1st 3 yrs: Rice, Moss, Rison and @DezBryant
That's some great company. Dez is also with a QB that will definitely give him the ball when he's hot, so I'm very excited to see him and Romo do some big work this season. That's one good thing about Romo that I love. He doesn't play favorites. He just throws to whoever is hot at the time.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
That's some great company. Dez is also with a QB that will definitely give him the ball when he's hot, so I'm very excited to see him and Romo do some big work this season. That's one good thing about Romo that I love. He doesn't play favorites. He just throws to whoever is hot at the time.
It does seem true that he does that, but I'm not so sure that's a great thing. Many times we were left wondering why Dez is ignored for long stretches at a time. Romo also starts to get predictable when he's targeting the same player over and over.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It does seem true that he does that, but I'm not so sure that's a great thing. Many times we were left wondering why Dez is ignored for long stretches at a time. Romo also starts to get predictable when he's targeting the same player over and over.
I think that had more to do with the gameplan rather than him ignoring Dez. I remember a lot of times last year where Dez would get open, but it seemed like the play was geared at getting someone else the ball like Witten or Austin. Plus there was the issue with the OL not giving Romo room to find Dez on those deep routes, so he had to dump it off quick. With Callahan calling the plays now I think that will change a bit.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Havent you heard? He only looks good in shorts
When he flubs a few routes and loses a few games then call me. Or he disappears in the second half of tight games and pouts.

Get his **** out of your mouth and look a W/L and how he contributes (or does not).

Until Bryant can go a season staying out of the Newspaper and not blowing up on the field -- then call me.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 09-04-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Sean Lee is the epitome of everything we want out of a LB. LBs can play well into their 30s. Let's stop acting naive here.
OK, so I was correct, I have not complained about guys getting injured.

Anyway, bet you $50, Lee is out of the NFL by 31 or not really playing.

And I luv the guy.

Heck, I luved MBIII before he hit the brick wall at 26.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 09-04-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When he flubs a few routes and loses a few games then call me. Or he disappears in the second half of tight games and pouts.

Get his **** out of your mouth and look a W/L and how he contributes (or does not).

Until Bryant can go a season staying out of the Newspaper and not blowing up on the field -- then call me.
Your the only fool that could look at Dez as if hes been a disappointment. And your a supposed "fan" of the team SMH! And keep your **** thoughts/fantasies to yourself, huh?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tim Tebow???
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, so I was correct, I have not complained about guys getting injured.

Anyway, bet you $50, Lee is out of the NFL by 31 or not really playing.

And I luv the guy.

Heck, I luved MBIII before he hit the brick wall at 26.
mb3 career was ruined imo he got hurt his quad breaking away against the giants on snf. instead of letting him heal they let him rush back 2 weeks later and take all the carries despite having a healthy tashard choice sitting on the bench. the result was a hole the size of quarter formed in his quad and its zapped him of all the burst and lower body explosiveness that he displayed.

Lee just had freak injuries, dislocated his wrist against a helmet and then tore a ligament in his toe, they're different types of injuries. heck at 31 we'll be probably looking for his replacement but thats the nature of the nfl, it's a young man's game

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 09-04-2013 at 11:14 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think that had more to do with the gameplan rather than him ignoring Dez. I remember a lot of times last year where Dez would get open, but it seemed like the play was geared at getting someone else the ball like Witten or Austin. Plus there was the issue with the OL not giving Romo room to find Dez on those deep routes, so he had to dump it off quick. With Callahan calling the plays now I think that will change a bit.
I hope you're right. Romo was looking like Captain Checkdown so many times it was frustrating.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
I was looking more for laughter. Thus the smiley face and out. lol
Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Nate Livings CUT! Don't think anybody is a sad panda.

Quote:
IRVING — Nate Livings’ tenure with the Cowboys officially ended Thursday, when the left guard was released along with defensive end Travis Chappelear after both players reached injury settlements.

Livings, who signed a five-year, $18.7 million contract in March 2012, started 16 games last season and underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in August for the second time in a span of six months. He was later placed on injured reserve when the Cowboys pared their roster to 53 players and Ron Leary will assume his role — a move that had been the making since the dawn of training camp.

At the time Livings’ latest operation was performed, head coach Jason Garrett said, “”We don’t think it was too severe. We just want to clear that thing up. It’s very early. … Better to address those things right now and give those guys a chance to be ready for the start of the season.”

But Livings never was cleared and his 2013 salary of $1.7 million remains guaranteed. Per the terms of Livings’ three-week settlement, however, he could be re-signed by Dallas after Week 9.

If any other team acquires Livings and pays him less than the 2013 salary, the Cowboys would only be on the hook for the difference.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Waters move even more now. :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

mike fisher @fishsports
Fwiw - maybe a lot - Larry Allen has been working privately w #cowboys LG Ron Leary. Big fan of his 'punch.' Footwork needs development.

Thought this was pretty cool news.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Now Ben bass is out 2-4 weeks with a separated shoulder. We are painfully thin on the Dline :(

Old 09-05-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Now Ben bass is out 2-4 weeks with a separated shoulder. We are painfully thin on the Dline :(
Pretty sure there are guys just as good as Ben Bass on the wire. lol
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mike fisher @fishsports
Fwiw - maybe a lot - Larry Allen has been working privately w #cowboys LG Ron Leary. Big fan of his 'punch.' Footwork needs development.

Thought this was pretty cool news.
This is pretty awesome, and I was coming in to talk about the Waters signing and the effect he probably has on young players like Leary and Frederick. I love the fact that Leary is getting work with a Hall of Famer, I don't know what we have in him yet but I've been excited to find out. Not sure if Waters ends up starting at RG or Free does but I just like when studs like that can be around some young players on the line because the mental side of things is such a huge advantage for development.

Scares me that how long he's been out he'll get hurt quickly, but I heard on the radio he's been hanging out Frederick all day long learning the offense from him and the signals so another positive sign for Frederick.

We do need to sign some bodies on the D-line. And get healthy quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Leary working with Larry Allen? I hate to seem skeptical, but Larry Allen was a physical freak. I am not sure that a physical freak can teach Ron Leary much. Larry Allen could do things that Leary just can't do.

Sounds good on paper, but who is Ron Leary? If you heard Larry Allen was working with me would you be excited?

I am only trying to be logical. I am not trying to be a jerk.

Also-The boys signing Waters scares me to death. We have signed a lot of OL scrap heap guys over the years. Waters seems to me to be a guy that didn't want to play. We talk him out of retirement, and he has not played in a while. I am scared he just took some money and will run with it. If I was him, that is what I would do.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing to note on the release of Livings. If he is picked up by another team this year...his cap number will be subtracted from the 1.7 million the cowboys owe him for this year. And we still have 2.1 million in dead money for 2015 that we can't do anything about now. Would be nice to see him get picked up even for league min and only have to eat about a million this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Another thing to note on the release of Livings. If he is picked up by another team this year...his cap number will be subtracted from the 1.7 million the cowboys owe him for this year. And we still have 2.1 million in dead money for 2015 that we can't do anything about now. Would be nice to see him get picked up even for league min and only have to eat about a million this year.
Anyone know the details of his contract that we restructured in February. I wonder if it helped or hurt us, both now and in the future.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Getting excited!!!

Callahan says Waters showing 'all the explosiveness and strength' of a Pro Bowl guard

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...owl-guard.html