Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 04-25-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Team needs article -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...vals&type=lgns

Pretty vanilla but it does make speculative statements about players the Chargers "like" at their respective draft values.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
2. Wide receiver: The Chargers continue to struggle at this key position and will probably address it early. They like Dwayne Jarrett late in the first round and may have a chance to land him at the 30th overall selection. This club needs a legitimate No. 1 receiver to couple with young starting quarterback Philip Rivers. With other first day picks, they will consider either Craig Davis or Jason Hill in the second round and like Jacoby Jones and Steve Smith later on the first day
I don't agree with almost all of that analysis. AJ Smith and all of the Chargers have stated VJ is the number one receiver this year, so they aren't drafting looking to get a #1 WR. I don't think they like Jarrett all that much either, although I could be wrong, but many Chargers fans have expressed Jarret is not the guy we need with our already big bulky WR group. Davis Hill Jones and Smith are okay later round guys, but I don't think there was all that much research put into at least that first part of this.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I don't agree with almost all of that analysis. AJ Smith and all of the Chargers have stated VJ is the number one receiver this year, so they aren't drafting looking to get a #1 WR. I don't think they like Jarrett all that much either, although I could be wrong, but many Chargers fans have expressed Jarret is not the guy we need with our already big bulky WR group. Davis Hill Jones and Smith are okay later round guys, but I don't think there was all that much research put into at least that first part of this.
It gets annoying doesn't it? Every year the pundits go on about how weak the Chargers' receiver corps is, and every year they are wrong. I get the impression that Croyle made all of that up and hasn't spoken with anyone inside the Charger organization. The only spots I am concerned about are at ILB and FS.

Last edited by UncleHulka : 04-25-2007 at 07:52 PM.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleHulka View Post
It gets annoying doesn't it? Every year the pundits go on about how weak the Chargers' receiver corps is, and every year they are wrong. I get the impression that Croyle made all of that up and hasn't spoken with anyone inside the Charger organization. The only spots I am concerned about are at ILB and FS.
I'm concered with FS, but we still need more of an emphasis on WR IMO then ILB...i don't mean that we are horrible at WR...Jackson is good, so is Parker despite his playoff fiasco, and Floyd was coming around too...but we don't really have a speed guy...which was my main problem with Jarrett. We need a clear number 2 guy with speed to open the field for gates and jackson, and also let parker go to his more natural #3 role.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleHulka View Post
Did you guys watch the playoff game last season? Our WR corps killed us in that game. Dropped passes were a huge issue. I think WR in the first or second round is a must.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSupaChargers View Post
Did you guys watch the playoff game last season? Our WR corps killed us in that game. Dropped passes were a huge issue. I think WR in the first or second round is a must.
I wouldn't put it that seirously, it was more than our WR that killed us in that game, but I clearly hear what your'e saying..I Wouldn't put a round restriction on the pick though...if the problem can be solved in the third with someone who is falling, i don't want to reach on a guy just so he's the 1st or 2nd round and a little better of a prospect, I'd rather look at BPA at other positions of need.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSupaChargers View Post
Parker was horrible. Normally the most sure-handed receiver on the team, he choked. Croyle watched that game, too, but I doubt he noticed Jackson's improvement through the year. I didn't mean to imply that the unit couldn't or shouldn't be improved. I just think that with Jackson very possibly evolving into a true #1, and Gates around, receiver isn't nearly the problem that many make it out to be. And it's an issue that is brought up every year at this time.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's Soliali not Solari and he's either 4-3 DT or a 3-4 End, not a Nose Guard. I like Quintin Echols better for potential NT. I thought Coyle did better work then this, and it seems like hes all over the place.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote