Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I say no because I love you guys! Love the community we have here.

It sounds like I'm maybe unaware of something. What did Scott do?
Come on. This site brings NOTHING to the table besides the excellent community and friendly relationships I've developed here. There is no other reason to come. I used to learn stuff from Scott and thought very highly of his opinion but that went the way of the dodo years and years ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well me and BBD posting in the giants thread does get the most activity on there :-/
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Come on. This site brings NOTHING to the table besides the excellent community and friendly relationships I've developed here. There is no other reason to come. I used to learn stuff from Scott and thought very highly of his opinion but that went the way of the dodo years and years ago.
Oh I thought he did something offensive or fraudulent the way you sounded.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I thought he did something offensive or fraudulent the way you sounded.
The way he runs this site now is fraudulent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...nts-1245071776

2013 version of "Why Your Team Sucks: NYG edition"

Quote:
Kevin Gilbride could be the least competent offensive coordinator in football. He single-handedly holds back one of the most talented offenses in football year after year with his shotgun draws, wide receiver screens and ****** facial hair. It's no surprise that the Giants offense only reaches its potential in the last 2 minutes of each half when they are in a no-huddle with Eli calling the plays.

David Diehl, in addition to being a human turnstile who will surely get Eli killed before his already-dead career finally ends, also got a DUI last summer for smashing his Beemer into 2 parked cars. Yet, he's one of Tom's guys, so he stays no matter what.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...nts-1245071776

2013 version of "Why Your Team Sucks: NYG edition"
Sounds about right...
Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The way he runs this site now is fraudulent.
Bro, just come and migrate. The draft content there is 10 billion times better (1 scouting report would be 10 billion times better than what Scott does), and the forum has some people on it but the traffic will improve when more people migrate. Me and cgf basically talk to each other in the Giants forum. Just come over and we'll have the same group there.

I honestly don't even want to post about football anymore when I'm here. I don't want to contribute to Scott's website anymore. It kind of sickens me. So I just come and troll people to keep myself busy.

Make the switch. You too D-Unit. And bring your cowboy buddies with you so we can have a legit forum over there.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL starts tonight! Yippee!

Quote:
Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 3m

Cowboys hurting on D line. RT @calvinwatkins: No Anthony Spencer, Lance Dunbar and Danny McCray at practice.
Will they play sunday night though?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bro, just come and migrate. The draft content there is 10 billion times better (1 scouting report would be 10 billion times better than what Scott does), and the forum has some people on it but the traffic will improve when more people migrate. Me and cgf basically talk to each other in the Giants forum. Just come over and we'll have the same group there.

I honestly don't even want to post about football anymore when I'm here. I don't want to contribute to Scott's website anymore. It kind of sickens me. So I just come and troll people to keep myself busy.

Make the switch. You too D-Unit. And bring your cowboy buddies with you so we can have a legit forum over there.
I don't need draft content. I got youtube and DVR like the rest of America. Nobody needs draft content anymore. Going into this business now, you need a hell of a lot more than scouting reports. Now days people have means of getting their own opinions. You need a reputation and you need to have a website that looks professional. Scott got in during a time when it was difficult to see many different prospects and he built a reputation for himself that was legit. His timing was great. Now? This business is saturated. Reputation means more than elaborate scouting reports. It is what it is. You guys should enjoy it as a hobby but shouldn't expect the kind of success Scott has over night. It'll take years of consistent success.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't need draft content. I got youtube and DVR like the rest of America. Nobody needs draft content anymore. Going into this business now, you need a hell of a lot more than scouting reports. Now days people have means of getting their own opinions. You need a reputation and you need to have a website that looks professional. Scott got in during a time when it was difficult to see many different prospects and he built a reputation for himself that was legit. His timing was great. Now? This business is saturated. Reputation means more than elaborate scouting reports. It is what it is. You guys should enjoy it as a hobby but shouldn't expect the kind of success Scott has over night. It'll take years of consistent success.
That's like saying that we don't need stock brokers anymore, we have e-trade.

Scott's job, his profession, is to be a media scout. And he doesn't do it. Why should I help promote his website? What has he done to deserve that?

On top of that, what makes him more of a fraud, is how he keeps promising changes to his website to keep people around and never does anything he promises. Then comes up with a new excuse for why it didn't happen.

Is he still blaming the guy who flaked out on him 3 years ago? Will that excuse still work?

If his job isn't to provide content, bc we all can get that content elsewhere, then wth is he supposed to do? THAT'S HIS JOB. And he's terrible at it.

I'm highly skeptical that he even scouts half the players he claims he does. A lot of what he says is regurgitated nonsense from ESPN with his own little twist.

He was smart in the sense that he marketed himself to be something he's not at a time when the market for such data was dry. Now that it's become saturated with actual qualified people, he's been exposed as a fraud and there's no going back for him. So he'll just ride out this website as long as he can until people smarten up and stop providing him with traffic.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Eli, Snee, Tuck, Rolle, and DeOssie voted in as captains by their teammates.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli, Snee, Tuck, Rolle, and DeOssie voted in as captains by their teammates.
No Weatherford? That makes me sad.

Also, I understand your point BBD. However, knowing the people who help run and contribute to that other site I refuse to support them. Let them keep on being irrelevant.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like us posting on their forum will stop them from being irrelevant...
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I rather support them than support Scott. Say what you want about them as people, but at the very least, they do what they're supposed to do, which is provide content.

I feel like I'm supporting a snake oil salesman here.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I want to have them keep being irrelevant so I don't plan to post in their forum.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You don't like YFS either?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Like us posting on their forum will stop them from being irrelevant...
How much do you think forum posting goes towards making a site successful?
Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's like saying that we don't need stock brokers anymore, we have e-trade.

Scott's job, his profession, is to be a media scout. And he doesn't do it. Why should I help promote his website? What has he done to deserve that?

On top of that, what makes him more of a fraud, is how he keeps promising changes to his website to keep people around and never does anything he promises. Then comes up with a new excuse for why it didn't happen.

Is he still blaming the guy who flaked out on him 3 years ago? Will that excuse still work?

If his job isn't to provide content, bc we all can get that content elsewhere, then wth is he supposed to do? THAT'S HIS JOB. And he's terrible at it.

I'm highly skeptical that he even scouts half the players he claims he does. A lot of what he says is regurgitated nonsense from ESPN with his own little twist.

He was smart in the sense that he marketed himself to be something he's not at a time when the market for such data was dry. Now that it's become saturated with actual qualified people, he's been exposed as a fraud and there's no going back for him. So he'll just ride out this website as long as he can until people smarten up and stop providing him with traffic.
BBD, you know that is an exaggeration. This is the entertainment business. It doesn't carry the same weight as our money and our health. haha. I know you're upset, and your view is a common one. Scott's business is his business. Unless I'm clicking ads all day, I really don't think I'm qualified enough to say that I am supporting his bread on the table. I do the things I do here because I enjoy the community.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So anyways, George Selvie used to be a Giant and now since he made our roster it looks like we'll be using him in a lot of the ways you guys would have. Outside and even Broaddus said they played him inside on some double eagle or bear fronts. Anthony Spencer is still on the mend and hasn't been ruled out for Sunday yet, but I think Selvie could be starting if Spencer isn't healthy enough.

Did the Giants make a mistake letting him go?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
How much do you think forum posting goes towards making a site successful?
The half dozen giants fans in this thread that might move? Minusculey.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
You don't like YFS either?
I like YFS for the most part. I think he's just dead wrong in a lot of his evaluations.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Let's just stay here. Everyone is here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

That's my plan! I'm not promoting for Scott and I sure don't click his ads so being here with you guys suits me just fine.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We did win 2 SB's with this group on this board. I'd hate to give that up right before the season begins haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

YEAH YOU JERKS! You're going to jinx us.

I blame BBD.