Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with that kind of aim who knows

realistically they would have died in the first 2 seconds
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gomie really should've taken a headshot right at the beginning of the sequence. Could have kept up the drama with Hank still alive, but added to the realism. That said, this episode was still awesome.....edge of your seat stuff all the way thru.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
with that kind of aim who knows

realistically they would have died in the first 2 seconds
Not really, your first sentence explains exactly why. I think too many take their conception of shootouts from film or video games, and assume hitting your target is pretty much automatic in such scenarios. If the skinheads have actually practiced with their weapons and are good shots, then yes, Hank and Gomie should probably be dead. But access and the willingness to use weapons in no way implies actual skill with them. See pretty much every gangland shootout. We know that the skinheads know how to kill in prison, but shanking someone is very different from shooting someone. And given how all over the place we saw bullets landing, I think its actually more appropriate to assume they aren't very good shots at all.

When you factor in the distance between both sides, the automatic weapons and the fact that Hank and Gomie literally needed only a couple of steps before they were behind cover, them still being alive isn't surprising. The very first shot came from the automatic shotgun, not surprising at all that it didn't hit, and at that point Hank and Gomie were on the move and taking cover. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the shootout ends simply because Hank and Gomie don't have anything left to shoot.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should just say it's not supposed to be realistic because the excuses are far fetched
Old 09-09-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They had like 6 guys shooting....one of them should be dead.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This bugged me the most

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
This bugged me the most

Meh. There was nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If everyone in here starts going all 'ESPN College Football Analysts on Clowney' on BB in here, I'm going to be pissed.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I think Marie does go insane, but I think she does so by trying to poison Walt. Then it somehow goes wrong and she accidentally kills Skylar/maybe the kids.
I can't really see the George RR Martin ending to BB. I think that Hank and Walt die maybe Jesse but that's the last of it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way Hank dies.

They wouldn't place that phone call there, abruptly end the episode, then have what everyone thinks is going to happen actually happen next ep.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
They had like 6 guys shooting....one of them should be dead.
I thought it was one of the more realistic shootouts I've seen on TV. Most of them had shotgun's or handguns, which even at that range are difficult to be accurate with, take into account the adrenalin rush and it's really not hard to believe. The one guy with what looked like an M4 probably should have been able to hit someone, but criminals and members of law enforcement typically aren't very good marksmen.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
I thought it was one of the more realistic shootouts I've seen on TV. Most of them had shotgun's or handguns, which even at that range are difficult to be accurate with, take into account the adrenalin rush and it's really not hard to believe. The one guy with what looked like an M4 probably should have been able to hit someone, but criminals and members of law enforcement typically aren't very good marksmen.
No, no, no, I've played Call of Duty and confirm that I can hit anyone from that range.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

it was like 60 feet away...
Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just throwing a thought out there that I just had...

Is there any way that Walt ends up being the only one left alive? In sort of a "Twilight Zone"ish twist. He has been doing all of these things to ensure that his family is taken care of when he is gone but, in the end, he is the only one left standing? The King of nothing. Probably not...

I just have a feeling that Skyler and Walter, Jr. end up dying. Would they kill the baby off? A great tragedy... Breaking Bad is never worth it. I don't know. Just typing my thoughts out. Feel free to ignore or point and laugh. It's all good.

Edit: I realized after posting this that you all have probably already discussed all (many?) ending possibilities. I'm late to the party having only recently started watching the show and I'm not going through 130+ pages of thread to see what already has, and has not, been discussed. Anyways, it is an amazing show and has been one hell of a ride. That's my theory on the ending.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 09-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Berts pic of Walt in the car talking to Jesse. That didn't bother me too much because it was just Walt finally snapping on Jesse and telling him all the stuff he did for him when he is already seeing red from the pic he got sent.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
As for Berts pic of Walt in the car talking to Jesse. That didn't bother me too much because it was just Walt finally snapping on Jesse and telling him all the stuff he did for him when he is already seeing red from the pic he got sent.
I agree. Everyone has their weakness. Just like Gus. Jesse said he'd get him where he really lives. His money. The future of his family.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's getting down to combine time/draft time and you are all nitpicking. let's enjoy the ride, ladies, cause it's almost over.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Burr commented on his role and the latest episode yesterday on Opie & Anthony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Todd would've been introduced earlier. We didn't get enough of him.. He would've been great as one of Gus' guys.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If Hank lives (or is not captured), it will absolutely take a lot of luster off of the series.
I think the exact opposite. Hank is one of the only people I really care if they live. I want Walt to die and the rest I could go either way on. Hank brining Walt down is how I want this to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
There's no way Hank dies.

They wouldn't place that phone call there, abruptly end the episode, then have what everyone thinks is going to happen actually happen next ep.
I tend to agree with this line of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be annoyed if Hank survives that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hank won't survive. I think this is pretty clearly setting up for Jesse to be the lone survivor among the Walt/Hank/Jesse trio.

It's certainly the most interesting outcome, as leaving Jesse alive at the end would leave a sort of open-ended wonder for the guy that became the heart of the show in many respects.

If Gilligan's goal was to turn Walt from hero to villain, Mr. Chips to Scarface, then it's very cool to have in turn changed Jesse from the loser, druggie, fool he was in the start of the series into who he is now toward the end.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/09/sau...off-happening/

don't know if this has been discussed yet but saul goodman spinoff!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think the exact opposite. Hank is one of the only people I really care if they live. I want Walt to die and the rest I could go either way on. Hank brining Walt down is how I want this to end.
So you think Hank somehow escaping this entirely would be a good thing?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse being the lone survivor would be pretty funny considering he was originally going to be killed off in season 1.