Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott: Where's the 2014 Mock Draft?

It's usually posted before the regular season starts, any updates on when it will be posted and the prospect rankings will be added too?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A week ago on Twitter he said a couple of weeks. So hopefully after week one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Is he still going to do his Dream Draft this year? I've been anxiously awaiting it.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's been too busy working on his new Prancercising fansite to pay attention to football.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully some love for Pitt WR Devin Street, kid definitely can make a name for himself at the next level. Best Pitt WR since Larry Fitzgerald.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's coming soon. ...and so will the new DC Wallpaper! woot woot!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's coming! I'm shooting for Monday, September 16 for the re-launch.

However, it may end up being a couple days later because my Grandma just passed away and I had to spend time making funeral arrangements and then of course the service is still to come.

As for a progress report, I have the player pages with headshots, vital information, career stats, etc. completed for every position but cornerback. There are going to be FAR more prospects in the initial rankings this year than ever before! Then I will begin doing the rankings and rankings pages, mock draft, etc. Plus the 2013 Dream Draft and a new Jadeveon Clowney wallpaper by the one and only D-Unit will be included with the re-launch too!

The podcast with Shane and I will return right after the re-launch as well.

Thanks for the patience, this is going to be a fun crop of prospects to dissect!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is after Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

However, it may end up being a couple days later because my Grandma just passed away and I had to spend time making funeral arrangements and then of course the service is still to come.
Sorry for your loss, Scott.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My condolences scott.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog0123 View Post
Is he still going to do his Dream Draft this year? I've been anxiously awaiting it.
Kind of defeats the purpose if it's done 2 weeks into the regular season.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah, usually it's not done during the regular season. Maybe he already had it written up.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh. Long term thoughts on a player don't change based off a few weeks into their rookie season.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney doesn't deserve to be on the front page after how he has played so far.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Status Update:

I recently finished making all of the positional rankings pages, which actually takes a little longer than you would think to type up all of the information (name, school, height, weight, forty). I am currently in the process of putting all the prospects in a rough order for my initial rankings. The offense and special teams are done and I will be working on the defense, sleepers, overrated / underrated and a Top 100 overall on Wednesday and Thursday. Then the next big project will be the mock draft, although this time of year I basically spend all Saturday and Sunday actually watching the games. I also have my Grandma's funeral on Sunday. So I'll map out the mock draft on Friday, do some formatting for those pages when I have time over the weekend and then finish the mock next week. Then there will just be a couple days of odds and ends (formatting the main page and main rankings page, the wallpaper page, banner image, etc.).

Can't wait to make everything that I've been working on for a month and a half live!

I am shooting to re-launch with all new 2014 NFL Draft content on Friday, September 20th.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Hopefully some love for Pitt WR Devin Street, kid definitely can make a name for himself at the next level. Best Pitt WR since Larry Fitzgerald.
Yet he might end up being the 2nd best WR on the team behind Tyler Boyd.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
meh. Long term thoughts on a player don't change based off a few weeks into their rookie season.
Not massively, but if say, Scott loved Johnathan Franklin in the 4th round, he isn't going to pick him now that all the training camp reports have been talking about how poor he's looked. If he loved Aaron Dobson in the second round, he's not gonna pick him for his dream draft after he got beat out by an UDFA. Scouting is a projection, it doesn't compare to how these guys actually look in the NFL. This is how UDFA's can beat out 2nd round picks.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not massively, but if say, Scott loved Johnathan Franklin in the 4th round, he isn't going to pick him now that all the training camp reports have been talking about how poor he's looked. If he loved Aaron Dobson in the second round, he's not gonna pick him for his dream draft after he got beat out by an UDFA. Scouting is a projection, it doesn't compare to how these guys actually look in the NFL. This is how UDFA's can beat out 2nd round picks.
I've had my 2013 Dream Draft mapped out since early in the summer.

Everyone on there is someone I've been a fan of and spoken highly of throughout the process. I guess there is one exception like Billy Winn a year ago where I didn't like a prospect in the early rounds but couldn't resist taking a flyer on when he unexpectedly fell to the late rounds.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not massively...
Yup pretty much.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to hear the relaunch will be happening soon. I've been checking the site every day for like a month hoping it was up lol. Sorry to hear about your loss Scott; as we all know, family above all.
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Just wanted to give an update.

I have another day of writing and formatting to do on the mock draft then some odds and ends like the front page, etc. The re-launch is going to be on Monday, September 23rd. I was going to do it over the weekend but was told to wait until Monday to maximize exposure. Apparently more people are on the internet during the week while they are at work. :o)

Anyway, we're in the stretch run. Thanks so much for everyone's patience.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the podcast. :(
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news !!!!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I miss the podcast. :(
The first podcast will be next week too on Tuesday (9/24).

I may even be more excited for it than Halsey!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Just wanted to give an update.

I have another day of writing and formatting to do on the mock draft then some odds and ends like the front page, etc. The re-launch is going to be on Monday, September 23rd. I was going to do it over the weekend but was told to wait until Monday to maximize exposure. Apparently more people are on the internet during the week while they are at work. :o)

Anyway, we're in the stretch run. Thanks so much for everyone's patience.
Around what time can we expect the re-launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote