Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No. That's bc our coach is a dinosaur.

A lovable dinosaur though.
Haha, old man coughlin is does things that make your scratch your head at times. I am excited for this game. I want to see the RBs play and see Hyno block. If he is useless again, then I'd rather run out formations where he is not in.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love your guys conversation today.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We also drank until 5 am the night before and then slept through the rest of entire first day of the draft.
Yes this is also true. Good ole college. MLB '04 the best baseball game ever was played a lot that weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a smart coach will come in and not play their rookie QB right away. It's just going to be a while because as we all know this stuff runs in cycles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends on the situation. It is was a lot easier on a QB when Eli was drafted than it was in the mid 90s and it is even easier on QBs now than it was in 2004. As long your O-line isn't god awful I don't see why you wouldn't start a rookie right away.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Dan Connor IR'ed. It was over before it hardly began. Our top 3 NFL LB corps probably just got better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but Bradford might get a look at RB..........
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our LB situation is a complete mess. I don't want Herzlich out there at all. The guy is terrible, he wouldn't even make the 53 for half the teams in the league, and he's now our starting MIKE?!

We need to draft a MIKE in the top 3 rounds of this upcoming draft. I'm not necessarily asking for one in round 1, but we need to invest more into LB than we are.

You don't need to spend a 1st round pick on a MIKE, but for **** sake Reese, there's plenty of MIKE talent in every draft in rounds 2 and 3. DRAFT ONE.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable for asking for a 2nd or 3rd round MIKE.

I hear this guy we picked up has immense potential but he's a project. So while that's enticing for development, that does not solve our immediate need. Now we have to hope Rivers can stay healthy (gigantic if) and hold us down at MIKE, with JWill and Paysinger on the outside. Just thinking about that makes me want to vomit.

Who's our 3rd safety? Ross?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On some positive news, it sounds like Terrell Thomas played really well and has earned the starting nickel CB position.

I can't confirm bc I haven't seen the All 22 yet for the game (probably won't get to it), but if TT can somehow miraculously come back from his injury (knock on wood) that would be gigantic for us. TT was a beast when healthy.

If he can bounce back, Webster can have a rebound year, Prince does Prince thangs, and Hosely can continue to develop we'll quietly have a very good and deep CB unit.

I'm hoping. But I don't want to get my hopes up on the guy. I love TT. Inspirational guy.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hosley didnt play at all in Dallas which was surprising.

Our 3rd S is Cooper Taylor right now. He came in for a good amount of plays. I didn't realize we cut Sash. Will Hill when he gets back will move to 3rd S I'm assuming.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohh yeah I'm starting to think this game Sunday is a game where EVERYONE thinks we lose but we actually come out and play awesome and take the victory.

See 2012 @ SF, 2011 @ NE, random games against GB and so on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hosley didnt play at all in Dallas which was surprising.

Our 3rd S is Cooper Taylor right now. He came in for a good amount of plays. I didn't realize we cut Sash. Will Hill when he gets back will move to 3rd S I'm assuming.
Oh thats right. Cooper actually played pretty well too if I remember correctly.

I think Hosely is still hurt isn't he?

And don't jinx it GF!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh thats right. Cooper actually played pretty well too if I remember correctly.

I think Hosely is still hurt isn't he?

And don't jinx it GF!
He had that dumb penalty on ST but I didnt see him do anything bad while playing S.

I didn't know Hosley was hurt at all so that's quite possible. I was very lax this Summer regarding Giants info but I think I'm back on my game now after the first game is over.

I don't believe in jinxes like I used too. It's just how the Giants have rolled in the Coughlin/Eli era. They troll the fans big time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ohh yeah I'm starting to think this game Sunday is a game where EVERYONE thinks we lose but we actually come out and play awesome and take the victory.

See 2012 @ SF, 2011 @ NE, random games against GB and so on.
Well, let's see. Going down 0-2 would be terrible. Defense needs to play well specifically a pass rush. Blitzes need to get home. Right now, ironically, the focus for this team is on my side of the ball. Stupid offense needs to get their heads out of their collective butts. RB position is the target and WRs can't run wrong routes.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm posting this just for reference to the snap counts:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If those are too large I can crop them. Let me know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can agree with their overall scores. Meyers sucks, I've never been a Hyno fan I think he's mediocre at best, our RBs clearly sucked, and Snee and Beatty got killed. I'd like to think Brewer was awful too but they claim he wasn't terrible. I'd have to watch it again to see.

On defense, we all know Herzlich blows. Seeing a negative grade for Kiwi is surprising. I thought he was solid. Kiwi is a JAG, you know what you get with him now. Good, reliable, will make a play once in awhile, but he's not an impact player.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The scores I don't really look at. Beatty played well I thought. Cruz the lowest rated WR with 3 TD's? Myers can't block for **** which is what we knew anyway but Pope will work with him and I'll guarantee he's better the 2nd half of the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one play Jernigan was on the field resulted in an INT. Typical.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The one play Jernigan was on the field resulted in an INT. Typical.
Haha yup. When I first saw that I definitely chuckled.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's awful. Only reason why he's on the team is bc we never developed another slot behind Cruz so we needed to keep Jernigan.

I saw Sinorice Moss all over him after his first PS game with the team his rookie year. I knew then he sucked.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Can Murphy play slot?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Can Murphy play slot?

With all those reads and adjustments I wouldn't trust him. All it takes is a mistake and its an Int for Eli . I am sooooooooo sick of it every year. Watching Brady go nuts was funny but at least those translayed to drops and wrong routes. When we make mistakes it results as mistakes.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He probably can, but I think his length and speed are probably better suited on the outside. You want your slot to be short and shifty.