Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perrish cox was found innocent...of course I know nothing about the case so cant speak much about it, but do u guys have some kind of inside knowledge that makes you think hes guilty, or are you just really jaded or maybe just have something against him
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I wouldnt call Chris Culliver a known homophobe. I think his words were "I dont do the *** guys" or somethiing like that. Honestly, I think its pretty reasonable for players to be uncomfortable about having a *** guy in the locker room. I think this is part of why sports is one of the hardest places for **** to be accepted. Guys walk around eachother naked all the time and shower together and stuff, and need to be secure in their sexuality. Just because you are not comfortable being naked around *** people does not make you a homophobe.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
absolutely untrue. no one protests funerals of rapists. the fact that it's a tiny number of people doesn't mean they're not overwhelmingly loud in the face of complete silence from anyone more moderate.

because the country doesn't care what crimes you might commit as long as you're good at sports. and the country certainly doesn't care if you've ever raped a girl, sports star or not.
unless youre michael vick and you killed some dogs, then you go to prison. And I am a true dog lover always have been, have a dog myself and I ****** love him to death, but what they did to Vick was ridiculous.

Honestly, I dont know what youre talking about. Rape is not at all accepted in our society. Please name me what pro athlete has been found guilty of rape and got to keep playing.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who got screwed the hardest? Burress.

Dude shoots HIMSELF, and gets as much jail time as Vick. Are you kidding me?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
i think that attitude is appalling and i think you should be ashamed of yourself. or you should just grow up. either way.
what is so appaling about the fact that I'm not comfortable getting naked around a guy who might want to f-u-c-k me? I have nothing against *** people, but that situation would definitely make me uncomfortable. Would a woman be comfortable getting naked in a mans locker room? There was talk of Britney Griner getting a tryout in the NBA but it would obviously never happen b/c you cant put a woman in a mans locker room. Having a *** man in the locker room has many of the same effects. People need to realize this isn't just about homophobia, its a little more complicated. I got no problem playing sports with ****, hanging out with ****, going out to dinner or whatever with a *** guy, but being naked in a shower with a *** guy??? i dunno how i feel about that.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You know who got screwed the hardest? Burress.

Dude shoots HIMSELF, and gets as much jail time as Vick. Are you kidding me?
lmao yeah plax really got screwed, basically ended his career when he was having his best years in NY and had just won a SB.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Honestly, I dont know what youre talking about. Rape is not at all accepted in our society. Please name me what pro athlete has been found guilty of rape and got to keep playing.
Josh Lueke. And Jerramy Stevens raped a girl in college (amongst other things) and got picked in the first round. Major sports do not care about rapists, drunk drivers, hell even murderers...but if you're ***, heaven forbid.

As for Rhodes, we have two average-ish safeties and I'd take him in a heartbeat. A well above average safety for minimal cost? Sounds great to me in a league full of awful defensive backs who get chance after chance (ALAN BALL). If people are so far up their own ass in religion and homophobia, get over it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-13-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop it. Cox was guilty as sin. His ******* DNA was in her, and even DThomas admitted that he snuck her into the room while she was passed out to rape her.

He's a complete slimeball and belongs in prison. It's a complete embarrassment to the organization that a scumbag like him is employed in their organization.
So his DNA was in her, now he's a rapist? Ok coo, thanx...

And show me where Thomas admits he wanted to rape her? From what I remembered reading, he said he didn't want to have sex with her BECAUSE she was too drunk. Her story had holes all through it. Who knowingly takes the stand and says, yeah I don't remember anything but if you told me I had sex with Thomas the morning after, I wouldn't call it rape because I really wanted to **** him? Not to mention, her own girlfriends admitted she had a history of getting drunk, blacking out and not remembering a thing. What I do know is that he was found not guilty. What you or anybody else's thinks is irrelevant.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Josh Lueke. And Jerramy Stevens raped a girl in college (amongst other things) and got picked in the first round. Major sports do not care about rapists, drunk drivers, hell even murderers...but if you're ***, heaven forbid.
dont know josh lueke.

but did Jeramy Stevans get found innocent? i know stevans is a POS, one of my all-time least favorite player, but if a guy gets found innocent, its not fair to deny him entry into the NFL.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post

And show me where Thomas admits he wanted to rape her? From what I remembered reading, he said he didn't want to have sex with her BECAUSE she was too drunk. Her story had holes all through it. Who knowingly takes the stand and says, yeah I don't remember anything but if you told me I had sex with Thomas the morning after, I wouldn't call it rape because I really wanted to **** him? Not to mention, her own girlfriends admitted she had a history of getting drunk, blacking out and not remembering a thing. What I do know is that he was found not guilty. What you or anybody else's thinks is irrelevant.
This is why people like Perrish Cox are still in the league. Bc of people like you.

I have a hard time believing you would have the same stance if he wasn't a 49er.

For the life of me, I don't understand why we defend players on our teams who are scum bags. Newsflash, they don't care about you. You have no emotional connection to them. They're employees of the team you root for, that's it.

That doesn't somehow make them better people. A turd is a turd is a turd. Perrish Cox is a gigantic turd.
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:

I know nothing about the cox case, but honestly all teams can due is trust the legal process...Im not saying the legal process always works, b/c quite frankly our criminal justice system is a joke, and not just in regard to pro athletes, just in general....But as a team, you can't try to come to your own conclusions about if a guy is guilty or not. If a guy is found innocent, then theres nothing wrong with hiring him to play football for you. If the coaches/staff/etc of the team felt that he was a lowlife, they probably wouldnt bring him. And its not like Perrish Cox is some transcendent player, he is a backup. If the 49ers felt he was a dirtbag rapist, they could go find another backup DB.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

49ers fans: We will literally defend anything.

Quote:
dont know josh lueke.

but did Jeramy Stevans get found innocent? i know stevans is a POS, one of my all-time least favorite player, but if a guy gets found innocent, its not fair to deny him entry into the NFL.
Jerramy wasn't prosecuted because the judge was basically a Washington booster, and because they have a rape enabling culture for athletes in college.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
This is why people like Perrish Cox are still in the league. Bc of people like you.

I have a hard time believing you would have the same stance if he wasn't a 49er.

For the life of me, I don't understand why we defend players on our teams who are scum bags. Newsflash, they don't care about you. You have no emotional connection to them. They're employees of the team you root for, that's it.

That doesn't somehow make them better people. A turd is a turd is a turd. Perrish Cox is a gigantic turd.
I admit I know little to nothing about Perrish Cox, but unless you have some inside knowledge here, isnt presumptious to call the guy a scumbag? you dont know what took place, and obviously the courts didnt feel there was enough to find him guilty. doesnt necessarilly mean he wasnt guilty...but I certainly dont know the case well enough to second guess the courts.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For everything that Eazy has said this page... and then the one below...

Quote:
now were getting into a whole different sticky issue which is these kind of stupid college girls who get way too drunk at parties and stuff and end up getting taken advantage of, and then the fine line between rape and consensual when you are wasted....I offer no opinion I just know its a tricky issue. And it sounds like the Cox case was exactly that.
Yep. Them stupid college girls deserve to be raped. I'm not even sure how to approach this anymore.

Quote:
i think that attitude is appalling and i think you should be ashamed of yourself. or you should just grow up. either way.
Absolutely how horrendous that attitude is plus add in he's defending rape cujlture at the same time. What... the what.

And with that...

Last edited by Trogdor : 09-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

now were getting into a whole different sticky issue which is these kind of stupid college girls who get way too drunk at parties and stuff and end up getting taken advantage of, and then the fine line between rape and consensual when you are wasted.And it sounds like the Cox case was exactly that....I offer no opinion I just know its a tricky issue. Girls should be smarter and guys should be gentlemen, but its not a perfect world.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
For everything that Eazy has said this page...

Absolutely how horrendous that attitude is plus add in he's defending rape cujlture at the same time. What... the what.

And with that...

how on earth did I defend rape culture??? All I said was Perrish Cox was found innocent and that I know nothing about the case so thats all I have to go off was he was found innocent.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

and please someone explain to me what is so horrendous about being uncomfortable standing naked next to a *** man?
Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
and please someone explain to me what is so horrendous about being uncomfortable standing naked next to a *** man?
As someone who is attracted to both...that's not what *** people do. So please, stop generalizing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-13-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Pretty much. Almost said something after he posted, but it's just way better not to even engage it. This thread has gone full ******.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As someone who is attracted to both...that's not what *** people do. So please, stop generalizing.
Or yes they do. It does happen. If i was showering next to a woman and she was attractive I would check her out. I've showered by *** males before and caught them looking at other males. It happens.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
49ers fans: We will literally defend anything.
There is nothing to defend. He was found NOT guilty. He was then signed by the 49ers. Anything else is hearsay and opinionated rhetoric. The team did they're due diligence and determined he was worth taking a look at. No one is saying Parrish Cox is a saint because his time at Ok St was marred in controversy but I don't see how you label someone a rapist when that was found NOT to be the case.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

i go to the gym, and sometimes after I work out I go hit the hot tub or shower or whatever...and there are some guys who go there who are clearly ***. I dont make a big deal of it, I go about my business. But when one of em is staring at you, it makes you a little uncomfortable, and it has happenned. it has happenned where I made some friendly conversation with some guy and next thing i know he smiles at me and flashes me his dong by pulling his towel back. I didnt go on some hate tirade, I just abruptly walked away...But I dont see whats unreasonable about having some level of discomfort about being around ****....I wouldnt expect women to be comfortable getting naked in a locker room with me.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with that besides a lack of overall maturity, but the issue is you feel that the solution to said problem is by excluding the *** player because other people may be uncomfortable. If you're uncomfortable being naked with a *** guy it's on you to find alternatives. The *** guy isn't the one who should be penalized on your own insecurities.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Or yes they do. It does happen. If i was showering next to a woman and she was attractive I would check her out. I've showered by *** males before and caught them looking at other males. It happens.
Straight guys look at other males just as often as *** guys do, what's your point? Hell, they're generally a lot less violent and don't swat a rolled up towel at you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Closed Thread