Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-08-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Hows the quailty online though?
Better than the quality I'm getting from Fox on my TV right now (lost the HD feed somewhere in the third quarter)
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went ahead and bought it because i read some reviews that said the franchise mode(aka connected careers) was really good. Turns out they just added back in some of the stuff the PS2 version had that's been missing for all o the current generation. WEAK.

Best version of Madden is 08 on the PC with modern roster updates.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know if tonight's game is available using the sunday ticket direct tv promo that came with madden in that special deal?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Anyone know if tonight's game is available using the sunday ticket direct tv promo that came with madden in that special deal?
Does not...only sunday games not in your local market.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I went ahead and bought it because i read some reviews that said the franchise mode(aka connected careers) was really good. Turns out they just added back in some of the stuff the PS2 version had that's been missing for all o the current generation. WEAK.

Best version of Madden is 08 on the PC with modern roster updates.
I'm on year 4 on my franchise. No issues to ***** about. The draft stories correlate to madden rankings. So paying attention to the news pays it's dividends in the offseason. Signing FA's is also nice...you can work contracts all season with guys on the last year of their deal. At the same time you can scout college players to see which FA you can afford to let go.

Trading is accurate...but you can still get away with some stuff. Week 8 i was able to trade 1st 6th and 7th for a bottom half of the league teams 1st round pick.

As far as playing owner mode this game is a ton of fun. Siming is the biggest draw back as it's weekly...but watching the news and stuff like that makes this not so bad. Seems like every 4 weeks I'm in there reading up on whats going on in the league.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Spent 15 minutes on the phone with Directv tech support, no help at all.

Spent 30 seconds on reddit and found exactly what I needed. Use this link to get there http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3260001
Is anyone able to install this? Hasn't worked for me.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't install anything. Bottom right box, web based sign in will take you right to what you want.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I've played Madden since the very first one was released, I tried online for the first time ever last week. I'm kind of addicted now!

I'm not sure if it's the way the settings are or just the fact that humans, even dumb ones, do a considerably better job picking schemes but I've found it to be the most "realistic" games of Madden I've played.

Teams feel a lot more like they do in real life and the games are much more competitive. The only thing I don't like is how short the quarters are in ranked matches at 6 minutes, but considering the games still last 40-50 minutes I understand why it's set that way.

I'm curious to hear from everyone else how you roll in online Madden.

I stick with my Packers because, well, I grew up in Green Bay and I'll be damned if I'm seen playing with anyone else!

I think my style routinely surprises people; ie.. "oh, the Packers. Here comes no huddle, 5 wide passing all game long." But really, I play an almost exclusively smashmouth, ball control offense. I almost exclusively use I-form, full house and shotgun sets; but I often run out of shotgun using the set with the TE lined up behind the guard and subbing in a better run blocker. I probably run on 55-60% of plays and, unless it's a 3rd and long, I stick with the run again and again until they start creeping up their safety and playing press, than I go over the top or hit them with some boot action.

What I think is the key to running well in this game online (not that it's too hard; the running game is a bit overpowered this year) is to line up in power sets and run equally as often to the weak and strong side. Usually I'll hit them on the power side a few plays in a row and then gash them with a designed weak side run.

Also the 100% key to playing the Packers offense this year is don't let Rodgers be touched. I don't scramble with him, EVER, unless I know I can slide or get out of bounds without being hit. I throw away the ball if any pressure gets to me. Why? He is incredibly fragile. Ridiculously so. If he gets 4 hard hits in a game, he'll herniate a disk or something 100% of the time. I haven't seen this with other QBs and his injury stats are all pretty high, so I'm not sure why this is.

I also find that people lose track of time online very easily and I often manipulate it so I have the last drive of each half. It's surprisingly easy to do and gives a huge advantage.

Defensively, 46 is amazing against run oriented teams. I was getting GASHED the first week I played on the ground using the 3-4 and so I added in the 46 with custom playbook and it's my scheme of choice against all ground attacks (ie.. the Seahawks, 49ers, Panthers being ones I see all the time.) It's really the best scheme when teams come out with only one or two wide; press the corners, bring an inside blitz, favor the line to the strongside, linebackers spread and user control the safety watching the weak side outside run. It's A+ against the run and when people try to pass on it they make the mistake of running play action which is too slow developing with the interior blitz and press coverage; resulting in sacks or picks.

Against passing formations, I like to use either the packers Nickel packages (psycho is great for confusing players and I have had my DLineman get several picks on the exotic blitzes) or the dollar for extreme passing attacks. I only go to the quarters 3 deep when I'm willing to give up easy first downs and just need to slow the offense down. It's really terrible for stopping anything under 15-20 yards.

Since I've started using this offense/defense scheme I've gone 7-1. Only loss was when I had two fumbles inside their 20, despite covering the ball and not getting hitsticked, and then Rodgers went out with an injury.

Does anyone on here have an interest in starting an online franchise? I'm not entirely sure how it works but it sounds fun if we could get 6-8 people. It'd be nice to play against non-randoms who won't try to glitch me or bail on games when they get somewhat lopsided.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote