Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout dem Steelers!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

going to be a lonnng season

on the flipside, where do we put clowney on this defense?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, the team needs to stop dicking around and build around Ben. He's in his prime and we are wasting him. I would like the first two picks on skill positions. I'll be making a mock later.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

-Dude is amazing. I doubt we pick high enough to get him, but he's the guy I want most as far as offensive guys. Guy would come in and be the number 1 guy off the bat. A trio of Watkins-Brown-Wheaton would be very scary to game plan around. We need to build around Ben. This is the first step.

2) Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

-I think Heath has a few more years left in him, but with Ebron, we get a dynamic pass catcher who can kill the seams as well. Not an accomplished blocker, but with Miller, we don't really need that. Just keep giving Ben weapons. I think ASJ would be here, but with his issues, doubt the Steelers consider it.

3) Daquan Jones DT Penn State

-A big guy who can play the run and rush the passer. We need more depth along the line and as much as I like Woods, he can't be the back up.

4a) Bene Bewikere CB San Jose State

-A ballhawk who would come in and compete for a job right away.

4b) Seantrel Henderson OT Miami (Fla)

-All the tools in the world but can never play to those tools. Comes in to be the swing tackle, but would not surprise me if he ends up being a steal and long time starter.

5) James White RB Wisconsin

-A change of pace RB who can score on any play. Could be the lightning to Bell's thunder. We need backs, too.

6a) Greg Blair LB Cincinnati

-Depth for the LB corps.

6b) Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma

-Depth along the OL as we all know we need it.

7) Will Clarke DE West Virginia

-Depth for the DL. Has great measureables, but needs technique work.

UDFA:

CJ Brown QB Maryland
BJ Stevens OLB Cal U (PA.)
John Urschal OG Penn State
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That draft sounds good to me! Can't believe we're talking draft and week ones not even over yet! CRAZY! Lets pray for a good game next week!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw looked solid today, and watching Mendenhall gave me flashbacks to his good old days with us. Nevertheless, I think it's gonna be a better game for us tomorrow. Hopefully the team adjusts quickly to Velasco and the O-line plays better as a unit. Geno Atkins will still destroy them though.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So just how bad is this team going to get? I was thinking 6-10 at the beginning of the year but quite honestly, they are looking more like a 3-4 win team. Where do you think they are going to land?
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I still have hope but man are they bad. They need an offensive overhaul. A LT, TE, WR, LG and a RB.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
So just how bad is this team going to get? I was thinking 6-10 at the beginning of the year but quite honestly, they are looking more like a 3-4 win team. Where do you think they are going to land?
bad enough that it is time to fully consider blowing it up. and you all know what is meant by that.

while Ben still has more than a few years left, the reality is setting in that we are at least 2-3 strong drafts away from having a bone fide contender again. at which time he will be entering his mid-30s. what will we have by then?

this organization went eons between having a viable franchise QB, and I have no desire to try to swim upstream in today's NFL without one. while I recognize that, duh, we've got one right now, I don't think we want to be left holding the bag when we've rebuilt our talent and depth elsewhere only to find that our franchise player is in (rapid) decline. on the flip side, dealing Roethlisberger now will not only arm us with the proper mindset needed to embrace a rebuild, it will supply the draft assets needed to actually execute it.

there would be no shortage of teams lining up for him, either:

Houston - Watched Schaub yesterday, and man is he awful. Ben would make them the best team in the conference.

Cleveland - while clearly pursuing their own blow it up strategy, they constantly change course. righting the draft blunder that wrecked a generation of Browns football might be something they would consider.

Oakland - depending on how Pryor plays, obviously, but it would be a very Raider-like move to deal for Ben. I could kind of see him out there, too, you know?

Arizona - the leader in the clubhouse for any and all ex-Steelers, but especially Ben.

Dallas - don't think so? I do. Jerry won't let Romo fail too many more times.

Tampa - Freeman is obviously not working out, but they have a number of other pieces already in place.

Minnesota - see Tampa

Jacksonville - they've got to be looking to give their fans something other than another number 1 pick, right?

St. Louis / NYJ / SD - there are others that could emerge.

again, I know this isn't probable. but if we want to avoid a decade of mediocrity, I think this has to be considered.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Eh. I don't see Ben leaving. If he asks for too much money, sure. But I think well lock him up.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Ben stays unless it's money issue.

Time to blow the stand up and push out the aging vets that cost to much.

Offense is terrible minus brown and Ben. Sanders is trash, well a 4 string guy not second or starter. This line will never play good. Mike Adams experiment needs to end, and the running back circus.

Defense looked at times it could still play, but no consistently only in spurts.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I agree Ben stays unless it's money issue.

Time to blow the stand up and push out the aging vets that cost to much.

Offense is terrible minus brown and Ben. Sanders is trash, well a 4 string guy not second or starter. This line will never play good. Mike Adams experiment needs to end, and the running back circus.

Defense looked at times it could still play, but no consistently only in spurts.
It's basically this. We relied on veterans (especially defensively) that the few young guys we had either left or just never developed well.

Keisel, Foote, and Clark are almost certainly gone after this season, and we have replacements for them already, or at least we should have (Heyward, Williams, and Shamarko, respectively). Obviously there will be an adjustment period, particularly for the last two since they've been less time in the league. But I can't understand why we let Keenan Lewis go instead of getting the money we needed for him by releasing some other veteran. With Allen constantly nursing injuries, it's Taylor and *** for the most part, and while *** hasn't really messed up a lot thus far, he's bound to do so at some point.

Offensively, it's more of a mess, but that's what happens when you make little changes and expect a lot. We were definitely gonna miss Wallace and needed RB help BAD, and technically addressed both with Wheaton and Bell. They've yet to make any sort of impact, hopefully Bell dresses for this game vs. Minnesota. But we should have signed Bradshaw, or at least acquired someone else. Benson, McGahee (when he was available), etc.

As for solutions right now, there are rumors going around that certain players are available for trades. Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon and some other Browns players, so I'd look into some of them.

Ingram and Bell would be an upgrade, IMO, over the turds we currently have. Josh Gordon would be really nice to have, but he's probably too expensive. Kenny Britt is in the doghouse, he's gone soon, but we need help in any way we can get it.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I didn't think we'd be this bad prior to the season. I expected a little fall off in the passing game with Wallace gone, but certainly not the struggles we've had. Hopefully the return of Miller and Bell open things up a bit for us, and give Ben better weapons, but still, it's pathetic.

The defense hasn't been very bad, but not very good either.

Ike Taylor has done a fantastic job of keeping #1 receivers in check. Nate Washington, AJ Green, and Brandon Marshall combined have 15 catches for 139 and no TDs, avg. of 5 catches for 50 yards. Pretty damn impressive considering he's played against two of the top 5 (arguably) receivers in the league.

Still, the fact that we have only 3 TDs in 3 games is pathetic, and incredibly disappointing.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I liked what the Steelers did against Chicago expect for the turnovers. If we can limit those and gain a few, I can see us going on a streak. The AFC isn't that good. 9-7 MIGHT get us in the dance. That said, they'll have to win games to get to that point. We have favorable games the next two weeks. Lets win those two and go into Baltimore ready to play.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the sight that hurt the most - that i feel like is indicative of the past few years was this:

4th and goal for the bears on the steelers 1

michael bush has a hole, lawrence timmons is there to fill it untouched

our beast, our first round middle linebacker who is always "under the radar" who is in his 7th season, who is always just a step away from being elite...

gets run over / misses the tackle.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
the sight that hurt the most - that i feel like is indicative of the past few years was this:

4th and goal for the bears on the steelers 1

michael bush has a hole, lawrence timmons is there to fill it untouched

our beast, our first round middle linebacker who is always "under the radar" who is in his 7th season, who is always just a step away from being elite...

gets run over / misses the tackle.
yeah. for me it was Cotchery getting de-cleated right after the INT. used to be us doing that.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My doing was our stud first rounder can't get to the QB on the long third down. I don't blame Ike for that other long third down pass to Marshall because that was a great throw.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who do we take with our top 5 pick? At this point I'd love to have Kee, but getting a real LT for the first time since, I don't know when, would be awesome too.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well a great LT would help. Then a LG. Then a WR. Should help improve the offense. I would be all for Kenny Britt, but we don't do idiots.

And left over defense players. I'll take a down defensive year...as much as I would hate it. Or we finally pick up one or two mid tier FA defensive players.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

They need to end the Mike Adams at LT experiment now. Gilbert can't be THIS bad. Maybe try Gilbert at LG.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone that ever watched an OSU game knew Adams sucked all along. I still can't believe they drafted him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I felt like Gilbert wasn't that bad on the left side.

Last year was Adams terrible on the right side?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i understand adams is not a good or even decent LT at this point, but we can hardly blame that game on the offense

defense gave up 27 points to the vikings.

with matt cassel at quarterback

the vikings.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Tackling was so piss poor yesterday. That Jennings 5 yard catch to 70 yard TD was pathetic.

Mike Adams was solid at RT last season. He needs to play there, Gilbert at LT. If Gilbert doesn't work out there, then draft a LT. This line is young and very inexperienced, so I can sort of understand why the play is bad, but I didn't expect it to be THIS bad.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i hope bell was on a snap count yesterday and the coaches weren't pulling him to actually give jones or dwyer PT as if they deserved it