Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Chiefs wearing red pants was a one time thing. Andy Reid said the players wanted to do it for the whole sea of red thing but I love the classic red jerseys with the white pants.

Last edited by Splat : 09-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. Front 7 looks good for y'all.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Congrats guys. Front 7 looks good for y'all.
Thanks. Dez is a beast.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I hope the Chiefs wearing red pants was a one time thing. Andy Reid said the players wanted to do it for the whole sea of red thing but I love the classic red jerseys with the white pants.
I thought those were badass. I hope they wear it every homegame.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe gave up eating BBQ to eat QB's instead. BEAST
Old 09-17-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ran across a few things that have been put out there but may not hold water.

Witten held to 3 catches by Berry: Mostly not true. Witten stayed in to pass blocka great deal. When he released, DJ usually had coverage.

Bryant used and abused Flowers til he was double covered: Watch the recording. Flowers figured him out.

Dallas handled the KC pass rush, particularly Houston and Hali: Dallas kept the RB and TE in to pass block most of the game. Dontari Poe was double teamed all game.

There were offsetting bad calls, offensive pass interference on Bryant defensive holding on Berry to take away the interception: Watch the video. Only the second was a bad call.

Somehat less serious.

The game was covered by a Cowboy's announcing team: They claim not, but...

Dustin Colquitt is a mutant: No evidence has been found to the contrary.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3: Chiefs AT Eagles (TNF!)

Discuss the upcoming game against the Eagles here.

So, can our D stop their O? That's the main question in my mind.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw Flowers is questionable with a knee. that'd be a HUGE blow if he can't play
Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I just saw Flowers is questionable with a knee. that'd be a HUGE blow if he can't play
That would be bad news, but I saw on ChiefsSpin that despite the questionable listing "Still, Flowers should be on the field Thursday night barring a setback." Let's hope so. I guess they start Dunta Robinson in his place.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Having all 3 is going to be pretty important, so lets hope he goes.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

GAMEDAY!!!!!! Oklahoma Joe's tonight, and watchin the Chiefs! Good lil Thursday.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess now we'll find out if Spread Game Analyst Brad Childress is earning his money.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Not going to lie I'm worried about this one.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I am too, but I'm worried every week.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck tonight, fellas. I'll be a Chiefs fan, this evening!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The offense played like dogshit for 50 minutes, but that defense is crazy good.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Good luck tonight, fellas. I'll be a Chiefs fan, this evening!
Thanks for the love big dawg.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

The OL might be our undoing. Until the last drive they were horrible
Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the first time I have watched a Chiefs game from start to finish and is the offensive line really that bad? The Eagles were consistently getting pressure with only three or four guys. I think two of the sacks came with only three and they weren't even coverage sacks.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
This is the first time I have watched a Chiefs game from start to finish and is the offensive line really that bad? The Eagles were consistently getting pressure with only three or four guys. I think two of the sacks came with only three and they weren't even coverage sacks.
No, the OL is usually a strength tbh. Albert and Asamoah, our two strongest OL, struggled last night and I don't know why. Fisher has continued to struggle, but the most annoying thing about him is that one play he'll look lost and the next he'll completely stonewall his guy and look dominant. If he can keep working and learning I think he'll be ok, but it's rough right now.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

To add to what vidae wrote, they aren't that bad but they are that young. Albert is 28 but no one else is over 25 (Asamoah 25, Hudson 24, Allen 23, Fisher 22). Rodney Hudson has started a total of 7 games at center and is coming off a broken leg. Jeff Allen is a 2nd rounder (44 overall) who was supposed to be a project. When Hudson broke his leg last year, Allen was forced into the starting lineup at LG to replace Lilja who moved to C.

Throw in a new scheme, a short week and both the starting TE and his backup were injured (one of their TEs last night has been with the club for 3 weeks, the other for 3 days) and they were bound to struggle at times. This line is definitely a work in progress.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 09-20-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I thought they were good going into last night's game. But they looked awful. Fisher was beat nearly everyone time he went one-on-one.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I thought they were good going into last night's game. But they looked awful. Fisher was beat nearly everyone time he went one-on-one.
and when he wasn't beat it was because he was holding. I just hope this is an early lumps deal with him that will make him better in the long run
Old 09-20-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Any worse than Lane Johnson? Yikes! Houston looked all-universe against him. Seriously, through three games we (Chiefs fans) have had a chance to see all three of the top OTs from the draft (Fisher, Joeckel & Johnson) and they've all looked pretty bad at times. They've looked like rookies who are still trying to adjust to the speed, size and technique of the NFL. You just don't come into the pros and dominate on the line. I suspect Fisher will be OK by mid-season but the big improvement won't come until next year when he has had an off-season in an NFL weight room.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree about the play of our OL and the offense as a whole. The focus is on low risk, mistake free football, which it has done reasonably well. If nothing else, the turnovers have been avoided. Against the Eagles they ate almost 40 minutes of clock and gained over 400 yards.

It is not great, but his is a serviceable offense, with a few rough edges. There are a lot of new starters, after all. With some repetition, they should be very solid, if not good. With this defense, that will win a lot of games.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote